Unintended consequences

Discussion in 'Iraq' started by Bfgrn, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Bfgrn

Bfgrn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,060
    I hear the term "unintended consequences" used quite a bit on this board...

Here are some "unintended consequences" where American soldiers DIED...

I think it’s just crazy. It's part of that worldview that led us to where we are. Think about it. The United States went and negotiated with and supported Saddam Hussein himself against Iran under this notion that sometimes my enemy is my friend. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. That emboldened Saddam Hussein and allowed him to invade Kuwait. It made us go to war that we did not finish and did not take Saddam Hussein out.
    Former Rep. Tom DeLay (R-Texas) 12/11/06 (The Hill)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2009
  2. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    Every action sets off a chain of reactions which then cause still more reactions which end up resonating through the cosmos till the end of time.

Think of the possibilites in a single chess game, then multiply that complexity by infinity times an infinite number of infinites and you're starting to get it.

Of course if might be nice if our leaders throught past the first possible reaction of their actions to the probably outcomes of what they're doing

But I am somewhat sympathetic to the fact that BLOWBACK is just one of those unfortunate facts of life.

3. Bfgrn

Bfgrn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,060
    Those fallen soldiers are someone's son, daughter, father, mother, aunt, uncle, cousin or best friend...NOT chess pieces...

4. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,669
    yes right, if only there wasn't an Abu Graib.. but then of course it wasn't in the news when 9-11 happened.. now was it?? They will always give you an excuse for their barbaric acts and you on the left will always apologize for them because you are card carrying members of the BLAME AMERICA FIRST club.

5. SpidermanTuba

SpidermanTuba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +258
    Who said anything about 9/11? What does 9/11 have to do with Iraq? And why are you accusing a U.S. serviceman of blaming America first? Why don't you get your own little pussy ass over their and interrogate some people?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  6. Bfgrn

Bfgrn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,060
    It looks like the "blame America first" club is the 21st century version of the "love it or leave it" club...

7. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Your comment is factually incorrect. The First Gulf War was carried through to completion. It's goal was to remove Iraq's forces from Kuwait. Nothing more.

President Bush had to agree to only removing Iraqi forces from Kuwait and not deposing Saddam in return for unrestricted use of Arab airspace, to use SA as a step-off point, and to get an airfield in SA.

He kept his word. The left dishonestly claimed he "didn't finish the job" until 2003. Then, Bush II goes to "finish the job" and the former accusation disappeared in favor of "illegal war of choice."

Glaringly contradictory rhetoric.

8. Bfgrn

Bfgrn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,060
    WOW Gunny, now THIS is news...

Tom DeLay joins leftists...

[​IMG]

9. Iriemon

Iriemon VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +99
    I don't know if anyone is a member of the BLAME AMERICA FIRST club, but I personally am a member of the BLAME BUSH FIRST club. It was his administration that rushed the nation to an unnecessary and mistaken war and, as we are learning now, authorized the torture and dentainment procedures that fueled our enemies with recuits.

10. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,669

we were talking of unintended consequences and reason why they attack us.. Abu Garib wasn't in the news prior to 9-11 was it?