Uniformitarians are now closer to the Biblical account than they imagine!

LittleNipper

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2013
For many years geologists who accepted the millions and billions of years explanation, would laugh when it was suggested that cosmic collisions, shooting geysers and volcanic eruptions all happened in concert. Now, not only is it obvious that all these things happened, but there is worldwide evidence for all this. Now, these men are still trying to fit the data to suit their own particular cosmic view. But it is apparent that Creation scientists are having an influence. The latest study into why dinosaurs died out ties two theories together

For many years geologists who accepted the millions and billions of years explanation, would laugh when it was suggested that cosmic collisions, shooting geysers and volcanic eruptions all happened in concert. Now, not only is it obvious that all these things happened, but there is worldwide evidence for all this. Now, these men are still trying to fit the data to suit their own particular cosmic view. But it is apparent that Creation scientists are having an influence. The latest study into why dinosaurs died out ties two theories together

How does connecting two events that happened +/- 66 million yrs. ago make it "apparent that Creation scientists are having an influence". Keep in mind one of the reasons scientists are confident these two catastrophes occurred within 50,000 yrs. of one another is the increasing reliability of their dating procedures. And what geologist ever denied that "cosmic collisions, shooting geysers and volcanic eruptions all happened in concert"? These things did and still are happening all the time. So what? And how does this "new theory", which isn't so new, bring Uniformitarians (now there's a category I haven't heard in a long time) closer to the "Biblical account"? Unless the Biblical account you refer to has the dinosaurs becoming extinct 65 million yrs. ago of course.

How does connecting two events that happened +/- 66 million yrs. ago make it "apparent that Creation scientists are having an influence". Keep in mind one of the reasons scientists are confident these two catastrophes occurred within 50,000 yrs. of one another is the increasing reliability of their dating procedures. And what geologist ever denied that "cosmic collisions, shooting geysers and volcanic eruptions all happened in concert"? These things did and still are happening all the time. So what? And how does this "new theory", which isn't so new, bring Uniformitarians (now there's a category I haven't heard in a long time) closer to the "Biblical account"? Unless the Biblical account you refer to has the dinosaurs becoming extinct 65 million yrs. ago of course.
More and more the data is pointing to a single major event that altered this planet along with this entire Universe. It is only a matter of time when the concerns surrounding trillions upon trillions, billions upon billions and million upon millions are found to be irrelevant where a Supreme Creator is calculated into the real equation. And as you admit, terms are becoming obsolete (as well as those who once promoted them) because they no longer fit the scientific data continually influencing the developing theories of today.
The Creationists, even though considering 3 key factors (Creation, the Fall, and the Deluge), have always held to primarily a single physical catastrophic event which wiped out life across this planet, brought about the present continental configuration, drastically altered the topography, formed the vast majority of fossils being discovered, and enacted climate change which is still seeking an equilibrium.

Last edited:

More and more the data is pointing to a single major event that altered this planet along with this entire Universe. It is only a matter of time when the concerns surrounding trillions upon trillions, billions upon billions and million upon millions are found to be irrelevant where a Supreme Creator is calculated into the real equation. And as you admit, terms are becoming obsolete (as well as those who once promoted them) because they no longer fit the scientific data continually influencing the developing theories of today.
The Creationists, even though considering 3 key factors (Creation, the Fall, and the Deluge), have always held to primarily a single physical catastrophic event which wiped out life across this planet, brought about the present continental configuration, drastically altered the topography, formed the vast majority of fossils being discovered, and enacted climate change which is still seeking an equilibrium.

Could you give us a couple examples of the "more and more" data that "is pointing to a single major event that altered this planet along with this entire Universe". I haven't heard of any recent scientific discovery that has or might undermine the current generally accepted timeline of our solar system's development. I'm talking about the timeline that puts the age of the Earth at about 4.5 billion yrs.
So that's all related to the actual "creation event". Your second paragraph relates to "the Flood" I believe. Does the idea that the asteroid impact and the Deccan Traps volcanic activity combined to make the KT extinction event much worse somehow contribute to the reliability of the Biblical account of Noah's flood?

Could you give us a couple examples of the "more and more" data that "is pointing to a single major event that altered this planet along with this entire Universe". I haven't heard of any recent scientific discovery that has or might undermine the current generally accepted timeline of our solar system's development. I'm talking about the timeline that puts the age of the Earth at about 4.5 billion yrs.
So that's all related to the actual "creation event". Your second paragraph relates to "the Flood" I believe. Does the idea that the asteroid impact and the Deccan Traps volcanic activity combined to make the KT extinction event much worse somehow contribute to the reliability of the Biblical account of Noah's flood?
So exactly what proof is there that the earth was created 4.5 billion years ago. What fact makes this an absolute certainty? As for my part I see black holes, meteors, asteroids, comets, and Novus are all proof positive that the Universe is not without its dangers.

So exactly what proof is there that the earth was created 4.5 billion years ago. What fact makes this an absolute certainty? As for my part I see black holes, meteors, asteroids, comets, and Novus are all proof positive that the Universe is not without its dangers.

If you're interested in how scientists have developed their timeline for the solar system try this U.S. Geological Survey explanation. I'd be hard-pressed to give you any bit of knowledge though that was an "absolute certainty".
For sure the Universe is a very dangerous place and generally very inhospitable to life. Does that have something to do with the OP or my reply?

If you're interested in how scientists have developed their timeline for the solar system try this U.S. Geological Survey explanation. I'd be hard-pressed to give you any bit of knowledge though that was an "absolute certainty".
For sure the Universe is a very dangerous place and generally very inhospitable to life. Does that have something to do with the OP or my reply?[/QUOTE]

Simply, God protects this planet or we would either never have come to exist or we would have been totally wiped out thousands of years ago. Scientific logic cannot explain either why we exist or why we continue to exist.

It really does seem to me that when a person believes that the earth is old, it is exactly the same as dating a statue by the material it is fabricated from. This will sound ridiculous to those who accept an old aged earth. But anyone who is a Christian must admit that what the chemical analysis of a rock possesses is actually presupposing that the mineral/chemical composition began at a supposed point, when in fact there is every indication that a Creator could begin at any point He chose and scientists have no way of determining a reality from their own conceived values --- shared or not.

Now, a human craftsman finds a piece of marble and out of that marble carves a statue. The end sculpture is not dated by the resulting analysis of the chemicals found in the marble, but likely by the style and location of the found object. In the case where an historic document is composed regarding when the statue was finished, it would be admittedly ludicrous to ignore that information! For an individual to say, "No, the marble is in fact a billion years old and so the statue has to be the same age, given its chemical composition," becomes unreasonable to say the least.

Forum List

Back