Understanding 'DACA'

That's what I've been saying as well.

There has to be a negative consequence for coming here illegally.
Even if you were a child at the time? You want to punish children for the sins of their parents?

Is that the "compassionate conservatism" I've heard so much about*?

*But have seen no evidence of

They can become legal residents, not citizens, no ability to vote.

Again, for the stupid, illegal actions need negative consequences.

Good to know that you're okay with people committing illegal activities and getting away with it.

If the parents were guilty of robbing a bank.....what special consideration would be given the children of said criminals?

The parents robbed a bank. Did the children also rob a bank?

The parents entered America illegally. Did the children also enter America illegally?

Third time, for the dense: if you commit an illegal activity (which parents and children did when they entered illegally), there needs to be a negative consequence for it. Not being able to vote, yet becoming a legal resident, is a fitting consequence.

yvmv

When the bank-robber parents go to jail, what happens to the children?

We don't punish them for their parents crimes. Thanks for proving my point.

Were it my decision, no one who came to this country illegally following the amnesty of 1986 would be permitted to become an American citizen. Ever.

They would never vote in an American election.

Even if you were a child at the time? You want to punish children for the sins of their parents?

Good to know that you're okay with people committing illegal activities and getting away with it.

So you DO want to punish the children for the sins of their parents...why am I not surprised.

It is not "punishment", since they have no right to become citizens in any case.

If the parents were guilty of robbing a bank.....what special consideration would be given the children of said criminals?

The parents entered America illegally. Did the children also enter America illegally?

Third time, for the dense: if you commit an illegal activity (which parents and children did when they entered illegally), there needs to be a negative consequence for it. Not being able to vote, yet becoming a legal resident, is a fitting consequence.

yvmv

When the bank-robber parents go to jail, what happens to the chi
ldren?

Actually, you dodged the point.

But....I'm magnanimous.....you can have another try:

Do they get to keep the money?

yvmv

ldren?

They aren't. They're providing themselves contributing members of society and should be granted full citizenship, especially those who, unlike you, served in the military.

yvmv

ldren?

They aren't. They're providing themselves contributing members of society and should be granted full citizenship, especially those who, unlike you, served in the military.

The number serving in the military approaches zero.

The 'number' is .00025%

Wanna try again?

yvmv

ldren?

The 'number' is .00025%

Wanna try again?

The number serving is 900. That’s 900 people doing more for this country than you are. They deserve citizenship. They aren’t being given anything...they are earning it.

ldren?

Great, give the 900 citizenship, the others must go.

The 'number' is .00025%

Wanna try again?

The number serving is 900. That’s 900 people doing more for this country than you are. They deserve citizenship. They aren’t being given anything...they are earning it.

Were it my decision, no one who came to this country illegally following the amnesty of 1986 would be permitted to become an American citizen. Ever.

So you DO want to punish the children for the sins of their parents...why am I not surprised.

Only a moron would say that letting people who entered this country illegally STAY HERE and become legal residents, rather then sending them back to wherever, but NOT letting them vote - AGAIN because there has to be a negative consequence for breaking the damn law - is "punishing the children".

Again, YOU want NO negative consequences for those who enter illegally. How about I waltz into YOUR house, help myself to YOUR shit, take YOUR money ... and you just sit there like a bloody retard and say "fine".

yvmv

Did the children enter this country illegally?

If yes, negative consequence.

If no, no negative consequence.

Even morons should be able to grasp this.

yvmv

Apparently a small minority of assholes don't understand that they were children brought by their parents. They are here through no fault of their own and the U.S. is the only country they've known.

Poll: Majority wants Congress to establish path to citizenship for DACA recipients

yvmv

Apparently a small minority of assholes don't understand that they were children brought by their parents. They are here through no fault of their own and the U.S. is the only country they've known.

Poll: Majority wants Congress to establish path to citizenship for DACA recipients

When won't you be home so I can help myself to your shit?

yvmv

As a nation we owe them nothing. Legal status would be gift enough. Citizenship is unnecessary.

ldren?

The 'number' is .00025%

Wanna try again?

The number serving is 900. That’s 900 people doing more for this country than you are. They deservle citizenship. They aren’t being given anything...they are earning it.
C

As I correctly stated, the percentage serving approaches zero..... .00025

"They deservle (sic) citizenship."

Perhaps those .00025 do.

I am a citizen....and achieved same in the legal manner.

I notice that you were afraid to answer this question....do the children of bank robbers get to keep the money their parents stole?

You refused to respond because the logic of the correct answer destroys your argument.

Perhaps honesty is a characteristic you might aspire to.

Last edited:

Only a moron would say that letting people who entered this country illegally STAY HERE and become legal residents, rather then sending them back to wherever, but NOT letting them vote - AGAIN because there has to be a negative consequence for breaking the damn law - is "punishing the children".

Again, YOU want NO negative consequences for those who enter illegally. How about I waltz into YOUR house, help myself to YOUR shit, take YOUR money ... and you just sit there like a bloody retard and say "fine".

The Palmieri Memo is dispositive......

1."Leaked Memo Confirms What We Already Knew About Democrats And Illegal Immigration

… a leaked document from the Center For American Progress (CAP) Action Fund shows what most of us have always known, but what Democrats like to pretend isn’t their reality.

Namely, the memo, in great detail, maps out how Democrats are relying on illegal immigration to prop up their political future.

“The fight to protect Dreamers is not only a moral imperative, it is also a critical component of the Democratic Party’s future electoral success,” reads Palmieri’s memo,…” Leaked Memo Confirms What We Already Knew About Democrats and Illegal Immigration

2. How many are we talking about?
800,000???
NOPE.

"The political debate over the fate of "DREAMers" — undocumented immigrants brought to the U.S. as children — has overlooked just how many there are in the country today: about 3.6 million.

That number of people whose lives risk being uprooted is not widely known, in large part because so much public attention has been focused recently on 800,000 mostly young DREAMers accepted into the Obama-era Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.

The 3.6 million estimate of undocumented immigrants brought to U.S. before their 18th birthday comes from the Migration Policy Institute, a non-partisan, non-profit think tank that studies global immigration patterns. That is roughly a third of all undocumented immigrants in the country and does not include millions of their immediate family members who are U.S. citizens.

A number so large raises the stakes for both sides in the dispute over whether to deport DREAMers, allow them to stay under prescribed conditions or provide them with a path to citizenship."
There are 3.6M 'DREAMers' — a number far greater than commonly known

And that's before 'chain migration.'

3. And what is the effect of the Democrats exacerbating illegal immigration???

Obama's US Civil Rights Commission, 2010 Report:
"The United States Commission on Civil Rights (Commission) is pleased to transmit this report, The Impact of Illegal Immigration on the Wages and Employment Opportunities of Black Workers. A panel of experts briefed members of the Commission on April 4, 2008 regarding the evidence for economic loss and job opportunity costs to black workers attributable to illegal immigration. The panelists also described non-economic factors contributing to the depression of black wages and employment rates.

Illegal immigration to the United States in recent decades has tended to depress both wages and employment rates for low-skilled American citizens, a disproportionate number of whom are black men."
http://www.usccr.gov/pubs/IllegImmig_10-14-10_430pm.pdf

Last edited:

yvmv

nEven morons should be able to grasp this.

How many have you adopted?

Supported?

The answers to those two queries will indicate the depth of your concern.

yvmv

Apparently a small minority of assholes don't understand that they were children brought by their parents. They are here through no fault of their own and the U.S. is the only country they've knowown.

As a nation we owe them nothing. Legal status would be gift enough. Citizenship is unnecessary.

"owe" is a pertinent term, as they are a significant drain on the public fisc.

“The conservative Heritage Foundation estimated unlawful immigrant households paid $39.2 billion in 2010, but received $93.7 billion in government services.” -- Oliver Darcy

Forum List

Back