Under the ACA, my yearly premium is $0.

ACA defines 'minimum coverage'. Many existing policies don't meet those minimums. Technically, I suppose you could keep those policies, but you'd be fined under the individual mandate provisions, and because of that most insurance companies will no longer offer those plans. So the repeated claims that we could keep our existing insurance were untrue for many people.
People that have existing plans that meet the minimum requirements of the new law are allowed to keep those plans.

People that don't, obviously have a more costly plan with less coverage. If your plan can't meet a "minimum" requirement, what does that tell you?

My plan met all the requirements. Obamacare does not allow young or healthy people to be in a separate pool from the healthcare abusers. So my rate more than doubled just to subsidize the sick abuser pool in addition to the cost EMTALA already added to my healthcare to subsidize the uninsured & my taxes subsidizing poor already do. You people are killing me!

I guess some win and some lose.

ACA defines 'minimum coverage'. Many existing policies don't meet those minimums. Technically, I suppose you could keep those policies, but you'd be fined under the individual mandate provisions, and because of that most insurance companies will no longer offer those plans. So the repeated claims that we could keep our existing insurance were untrue for many people.
People that have existing plans that meet the minimum requirements of the new law are allowed to keep those plans.

People that don't, obviously have a more costly plan with less coverage. If your plan can't meet a "minimum" requirement, what does that tell you?

It tells me I can't keep it under ACA. It tells me that the claims that I could were a lie, just like the claims that the mandate wasn't a tax. The bill was passed under false pretense and should be repealed on that basis alone.

My plan met all the requirements. Obamacare does not allow young or healthy people to be in a separate pool from the healthcare abusers. So my rate more than doubled just to subsidize the sick abuser pool in addition to the cost EMTALA already added to my healthcare to subsidize the uninsured & my taxes subsidizing poor already do. You people are killing me!

I guess some win and some lose.

Doctors who don't accept PPACA, Insurance, Medicare, Medicaid. or EMTALA only charge $5.

Isn't the OP wonderful??? :smiliehug:
For the less inclined...this isn't a real quote.
Bill O'really
"I get to live in my parents basement" - FOR FREE!!
FREE laundry service
FREE meals
FREE cable and Internets so I can talk politics like real people
I was getting free tuition and room and board till I dropped out...and now I get FREE healthcare (if I never use it)

I am so awesome.

Last edited:
That's a little hard to believe, since there are at least 30 different plans at each exchange.

The one in California doesn't have any of the shit your claiming it does.

Putting the merits/problems of the ACA aside, don't you think it's a bit dangerous to be rolling out this extremely complex, costly, unproven program out at a time when we're $17 trillion dollars in debt and counting? Our Fed is STILL buying $85 billion worth of assets from the big banks every single month (for past 5 years) as a form of bailout to keep things going.

I mean, I would love for every man, woman, and child in America to receive a $100k stipend at the beginning of the year to cover medical costs, but we simply do not have the money for it. You need to work within the resources that you have, and personally I don't think we have the resources (or the know how - apparently) at the moment. When the gov't goes bankrupt, or when the dollar hits hyperinflation, we lose not only this program but EVERYTHING else...

This is the thing Dems fail to see about conservatives. When a right leaning person says "this is a bad idea", it's not always because they want to see poor people suffer, it's instead because they have the foresight to realize that the program is simply not sustainable financially, or is a trainwreck in design, etc.

You can't get everything you want, as I'm sure you're quite aware of.
Well, for one thing, the debt isn't the biggest concern we have right now. It's more important to get people back to work, then we can deal with the deficit.

BTW, the healthcare system we had before the ACA, was the No.1 cause of bankruptcy's in the US.

If we want to pay for all this and cut the deficit down at the same time, all we have to do, is cut the defense budget in half, end these bullshit wars we've been fighting for the past 10 years and close all these over 1000 bases around the world.

Or an easier way to pay for it, is to implement a Financial Transactions Tax and force Wall Street to pay 1/2% on every transaction they make.

It tells me that when Obama said a dozen or more times on TV that I could keep My current plan, and he added PERIOD is a lying sack of dog squeeze.

What does it tell you?
People say a lot of things about Obama. Some of it's true, some of it's not. But never lose sight of the fact that above anything else, Obama is a "politician". And what do politicians do best?

Putting the merits/problems of the ACA aside, don't you think it's a bit dangerous to be rolling out this extremely complex, costly, unproven program out at a time when we're $17 trillion dollars in debt and counting? Our Fed is STILL buying $85 billion worth of assets from the big banks every single month (for past 5 years) as a form of bailout to keep things going.

I mean, I would love for every man, woman, and child in America to receive a $100k stipend at the beginning of the year to cover medical costs, but we simply do not have the money for it. You need to work within the resources that you have, and personally I don't think we have the resources (or the know how - apparently) at the moment. When the gov't goes bankrupt, or when the dollar hits hyperinflation, we lose not only this program but EVERYTHING else...

This is the thing Dems fail to see about conservatives. When a right leaning person says "this is a bad idea", it's not always because they want to see poor people suffer, it's instead because they have the foresight to realize that the program is simply not sustainable financially, or is a trainwreck in design, etc.

You can't get everything you want, as I'm sure you're quite aware of.
Well, for one thing, the debt isn't the biggest concern we have right now. It's more important to get people back to work, then we can deal with the deficit.

BTW, the healthcare system we had before the ACA, was the No.1 cause of bankruptcy's in the US.

If we want to pay for all this and cut the deficit down at the same time, all we have to do, is cut the defense budget in half, end these bullshit wars we've been fighting for the past 10 years and close all these over 1000 bases around the world.

Or an easier way to pay for it, is to implement a Financial Transactions Tax and force Wall Street to pay 1/2% on every transaction they make.

It appears that your indoctrination is complete.

Debt is a funny thing in that the longer you ignore it, the huger it becomes (especially when you’re talking $17 trillion). We need to fix this now before it’s completely unmanageable (and it already might be too late). We have way too much waste in our gov’t, and step one is cutting it out now so we can start scratching at that YOY deficit.

The #1 problem with our Healthcare system – in my opinion – IS the insurance based model. If consumers care less about costs, there is no incentive for doctors/med companies to charge less. I love the idea of the new tax-free healthcare accounts where you pay a lot of your normal visits out of pocket because it forces the patient to shop and compare price/quality. If doctor A & B are of the same quality and B charges $50 vs $250 for a visit, who do you think will win out? Competition will drive prices down. The ACA only encourages an already broken methodology and will only make things worse, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back