Under New Plan- 85% of Americans Will take Standard IRS Deduction

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
so quit whining about your state and property tax being excluded from approved write-offs. States like Ca, NY etc, with high state taxes to pay for their liberal wasteful programs, can have at it. But the continued federal deduction for these policies should and likely will be eliminated

Smart policy is Mr Tumps tax plan

-Geaux

so quit whining about your state and property tax being excluded from approved write-offs. States like Ca, NY etc, with high state taxes to pay for their liberal wasteful programs, can have at it. But the continued federal deduction for these policies should and likely will be eliminated

-Geaux
You keep hearing the left say that people need to pay their fair share, so the debt will go down, why should high taxed liberal states get to deduct their state and city taxes, just because of how high they are?

-Geaux
You keep hearing the left say that people need to pay their fair share, so the debt will go down, why should high taxed liberal states get to deduct their state and city taxes, just because of how high they are?

The debt can't go down until we have a balanced budget first. Heck, they can't even write a budget without deficit spending.

The new tax bill doesn't affect me so I won't comment on that other than to say non-deductible state and local taxes are not going to save us.

-Geaux

The debt can't go down until we have a balanced budget first. Heck, they can't even write a budget without deficit spending.

The new tax bill doesn't affect me so I won't comment on that other than to say non-deductible state and local taxes are not going to save us.
yeah the tax "reform" just adds to the debt, and they'll increase defense spending even while cutting spending for terrorism defense.

-Geaux

yeah the tax "reform" just adds to the debt, and they'll increase defense spending even while cutting spending for terrorism defense.

I'm sure there are plenty of places to cut waste, but then it's political battle. We don't need bureaucracies. We don't need to be funding the arts, NPR, Planned Parenthood or PBS. There is no reason one out of every eight Americans need to be fed by the federal taxpayers.

-Geaux

How does it add to the debt?

-Geaux

I'm sure there are plenty of places to cut waste, but then it's political battle. We don't need bureaucracies. We don't need to be funding the arts, NPR, Planned Parenthood or PBS. There is no reason one out of every eight Americans need to be fed by the federal taxpayers.
I'm not arguing, but to address deficits, they gotta address soc sec, medicare AND defense. And Trump is not going there. Say what you will about Obama, but he was willing to address all three. So was Mitt, or at least the first two.

-Geaux

I'm not arguing, but to address deficits, they gotta address soc sec, medicare AND defense. And Trump is not going there. Say what you will about Obama, but he was willing to address all three. So was Mitt, or at least the first two.
Instead of addressing soc sec medicare and defense how about the war on poverty that has been a failed policy since LBJ enacted it?

War on poverty cost
The War on Poverty has cost $22 trillion -- three times more than what the government has spent on all wars in American history. Federal and state governments spend $1 trillion in taxpayer dollars on America's 80 means-tested welfare programs annually.
The War on Poverty Has Cost $22 Trillion - NCPA
www.ncpa.org/sub/dpd/index.php?Article_ID=25288
Cut off welfare and with 1 trillion dollars not spent for people to do nothing, we can then put the 1 trillion dollars saved to the budget each year , and in twenty years have the debt completely gone..

-Geaux

Oh please. Under DumBama, he took our debt from 10 trillion to 20 trillion in eight years. He had no intent on lowering the debt or deficit.

If people want to keep SS and Medicare, we have to fund the programs simple as that. When was the last time they increased deductions for either? I don't know either, but what I do know is that no bank stays open for very long when people deposit $500.00 checks and withdraw $600.00. While medical costs have skyrocketed, we have not funded those increased costs.

Oh please. Under DumBama, he took our debt from 10 trillion to 20 trillion in eight years. He had no intent on lowering the debt or deficit.

If people want to keep SS and Medicare, we have to fund the programs simple as that. When was the last time they increased deductions for either? I don't know either, but what I do know is that no bank stays open for very long when people deposit $500.00 checks and withdraw $600.00. While medical costs have skyrocketed, we have not funded those increased costs.
Well please. LOL

why is it that Social Security is always threatened with bankruptcy but Welfare never is?

why is it that Social Security is always threatened with bankruptcy but Welfare never is?

I guess for the same reason millions are suffering without health insurance or insurance they could barely afford, but Medicaid people are doing just fine.

We fiscal conservatives will cash in, no state income tax, next to no debt the higher standard deduction will put money on my pockets :eusa_dance:

It is wrong to force people to pay taxes on taxes. One of the reasons that they pay higher taxes is because they have higher per capita incomes. They should not be eliminated.

We fiscal conservatives will cash in, no state income tax, next to no debt the higher standard deduction will put money on my pockets :eusa_dance:

If you have a large family you will lose money. If you have more than 3 people in your family, the standard deduction will be less than the combined standard deduction and individual tax exemption.

-Geaux
Will Trump take the Standard Deduction?

I bet his deductions remain in place

-Geaux

Currently 65%+/- American taxpayers don't qualify for itemized deductions because they don't make enough money and Trump wants to raise that to 85%?

-Geaux

Anyone from any State that pays State and local/city tax can deduct it from their federal return.

Forum List

Back