Unconstitutional Defense Spending Bill Passed by House Republicans

PoliticalTorch

VIP Member
Jun 9, 2014
U.S.A.
It is quite ironic that Republicans feel that Democrats try to pass items they feel are unconstitutional while doing just that themselves. The Conservative double-standard never ceases to amaze me! They cannot stand in the way, constitutionally speaking, over the President's authority concerning POWs! And by the looks of that picture it seems like Boehner knows it was the wrong thing to have done.

House Republicans An Pass Unconstitutional Defense Spending Bill

It is quite ironic that Republicans feel that Democrats try to pass items they feel are unconstitutional while doing just that themselves. The Conservative double-standard never ceases to amaze me! They cannot stand in the way, constitutionally speaking, over the President's authority concerning POWs! And by the looks of that picture it seems like Boehner knows it was the wrong thing to have done.

This one he should veto.

No, they are NOT POW.....

I'll care however, when you start caring about the illicit activities of the POTUS.

Congress DOES have a duty to check the power of the President.

The House of Representatives is limited to controlling the power of the purse, and congressional oversight. Republicans and Democrats who voted for this bill stepped way over the line, and violated the constitution.

What an ironic accusation to be made by Democrats considering most of the what the federal government does today is not authorized by the Constitution. I would also point out that over 100 Democrats voted for this bill.

The bottom line is neither the Republicans nor the Democrats respect our Constitution or follow it and they get away with it because the American people are ignorant, stupid, and lazy.

OK, the source is somewhat biased but ignoring that bit of theater.

From the article: Instead of fighting President Obama to keep an abomination to international law open, Congress should do the right thing and appropriate the funds to close down the prison at Guantanamo Bay once and for all.

Now, who is sueing the US for violation of international law? When exactly was war declared? And if the author is arguing they are POWs then there is no violation of international law. Is he arguing they are not POWs but are POWs? Sure seems like he is.

With a vote of 340-73 isn't that about as bi-partisan as it gets? I thought we were all worried about everyone just getting along. So a bi-partisan effort is made and the liberal rag doesn't like it so naturally blame republicans. BTW that would be a veto proof majority. But we know that if Obama vetoed it he would just threaten democrats by withholding money and they would quickly fall in place.

Funny how some idiots think they understand the Constitution, and then say something so stupid that it isn't even wrong.

political torch is just that..nothing but a flamethrower and whiner who evidently came from the commie site, politicausa

rdeans long lost cousin

take nothing that site say's as serious political news folks

trash politics

Last edited:
There is nothing unconstitutional about it. Congress has the power of the purse. Period.
More ignorant bauk from stupid lefties.

Hmmm...
By a vote of 340-73, the House passed a defense spending bill that includes a provision that forbids President Obama from moving any detainees from the prison at Guantanamo Bay for a year.
Two things, both to illustrate your mindless partisan bigotry and your unflappable ignorance:

1: 340-73? Explain how this was not a bi-partisan, rather than "GOP-passed" vote?
2: US constitution, article I Sec 8:11 states that Congress shall have the power to declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water

Keep up the good work there, bud -- I enjoy the laughs.

:lol::eusa_clap:

Obama can't declare something "Unconstitutional" That is the job of the SCotUS.

And that applies to the 'Defense Of Marriage Act", the immigration laws, and the whole Constitution that Obama has totally ignored unless it agrees with his opinion.

Obama swore an oath before he was officially President. He has violated this oath repeatedly and flagrantly from the time he swore it.

And that's an impeachable offense.

Forum List

Back