Unclear thinking creates unclear communication

Buck111

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2016
On the big blue marble
"Unclear thinking creates unclear communication. The majority of "debates" I see consist of one person saying something (whether true or false, smart or stupid), followed by someone else misunderstanding and/or misrepresenting what the first one said, and then flinging back something logically irrelevant. I see TWO main causes of this. The first is just crappy reading comprehension skills and muddle-headed thinking, causing the person to not be clear in his own head about what he is responding to. But I think the latter may be almost as common, but a lot more creepy: I think a lot of people's minds DO understand a conflicting viewpoint, but in order to avoid having to actually think about it--in order to avoid cognitive dissonance--their subconscious mangles and twists it, and then they respond to something else that they are more comfortable talking about.

A: "I don't think any ruling class is legitimate."
B: "So you think whatever anyone wants to do--including theft and murder--is perfectly fine and good??!"

Logically speaking, the latter is a stupid, irrelevant response to the former. But I think that can often be the result of SUBCONSCIOUS activity in the statist's mind. It might go something like this: "He wants no government. But government protects me! And there are scary people who would hurt me if no one protects me! This guy must WANT scary people to hurt me! He must LIKE murder and mayhem!" The statist can THINK something like that--often not even all the way consciously--and then out comes the stupid response. Then the voluntaryist has to back up and respond to all the silly things the statist THOUGHT, but didn't say.

The funny part is when statists complain at me for telling them what they think ... and then ten minutes later, when I ask them to be specific, they express exactly what I said they think. This isn't because I'm magic, or use ESP. It's because I was a devout statist myself for many years, and dissected my OWN crappy former belief system. And the delusion that is statism tends to be fairly predictable." ~ Larken Rose

I think this Larken Rose dude is being far too kind, assuming posters are SUBconsciously screwing up another poster's meaning. A lot of them do it on purpose. And then, some of them really don't read well or grasp abstract concepts so good.

"Unclear thinking creates unclear communication. The majority of "debates" I see consist of one person saying something (whether true or false, smart or stupid), followed by someone else misunderstanding and/or misrepresenting what the first one said, and then flinging back something logically irrelevant. I see TWO main causes of this. The first is just crappy reading comprehension skills and muddle-headed thinking, causing the person to not be clear in his own head about what he is responding to. But I think the latter may be almost as common, but a lot more creepy: I think a lot of people's minds DO understand a conflicting viewpoint, but in order to avoid having to actually think about it--in order to avoid cognitive dissonance--their subconscious mangles and twists it, and then they respond to something else that they are more comfortable talking about.

A: "I don't think any ruling class is legitimate."
B: "So you think whatever anyone wants to do--including theft and murder--is perfectly fine and good??!"

Logically speaking, the latter is a stupid, irrelevant response to the former. But I think that can often be the result of SUBCONSCIOUS activity in the statist's mind. It might go something like this: "He wants no government. But government protects me! And there are scary people who would hurt me if no one protects me! This guy must WANT scary people to hurt me! He must LIKE murder and mayhem!" The statist can THINK something like that--often not even all the way consciously--and then out comes the stupid response. Then the voluntaryist has to back up and respond to all the silly things the statist THOUGHT, but didn't say.

The funny part is when statists complain at me for telling them what they think ... and then ten minutes later, when I ask them to be specific, they express exactly what I said they think. This isn't because I'm magic, or use ESP. It's because I was a devout statist myself for many years, and dissected my OWN crappy former belief system. And the delusion that is statism tends to be fairly predictable." ~ Larken Rose
Its not really unclear thinking? lack of respect or self pride maybe? person B either lost the argument and isn't smart enough or just too lazy to continue the conversation so they hurl out logical fallacies and personal insults. Often they will change the subject to something they can intellectually handle or simply just rather talk about

Liberals lecturing people on unclear thinking? Now that's a laugh. Liberals are guided by their emotions and don't think of consequences. It's amazing how they project all their shortcomings onto their enemies and expect it won't be noticed.

Liberals lecturing people on unclear thinking? Now that's a laugh. Liberals are guided by their emotions and don't think of consequences. It's amazing how they project all their shortcomings onto their enemies and expect it won't be noticed.
Or like iceweasel they are just insufferable bigoted trolls lol

You, sir/ma'am, are a perfect example of what the op is about.

You, sir/ma'am, are a perfect example of what the op is about.
LOL, the retard thinks its' insults go unnoticed.

....says the troll who posts no content ever. This thread is a smear job and you stupid assholes think no one will notice?

....says the troll who posts no content ever. This thread is a smear job and you stupid assholes think no one will notice?
giphy.gif

Forum List

Back