unbelievable

ConHog

Rookie
Jun 4, 2010
So today BP CEO Tony Hayward is off sail boating while President Obama is playing golf. What the fuck is going on? Both of these assholes should be finding a way to clean up this mess and not take ANY days off until it's done..............

Both of them should be put in jail for this.

YOu want them out there with a sponge?

I sort of agree with that. There has been too much play time for both of them during this mess.

I'd be satisfied with actually KNOWING that they're working their asses off to find a SOLUTION ~

making time for meetings, enlisting the aid of any and All volunteers, finding the EXPERTS and then heeding their recommendations.

I just can't imagine running ANYTHING in such a haphazard, KeyStone Cops sort of way. It disgusts me to think that this Obozo clown is the leader of my country.

• Banned
I'd be satisfied with actually KNOWING that they're working their asses off to find a SOLUTION ~

making time for meetings, enlisting the aid of any and All volunteers, finding the EXPERTS and then heeding their recommendations.

I just can't imagine running ANYTHING in such a haphazard, KeyStone Cops sort of way. It disgusts me to think that this Obozo clown is the leader of my country.

This isn't just him, what the fuck is Tony doing on a sailboat? Jesus this is just disgusting. How everyone on this board can't deplore the actions of these two men is beyond me.

Oh, friend, I deplore them:

1: making time for meetings ~ the thread about the 20 minute meeting that was barely a photo op;

2: enlisting the aid of any and all volunteers ~ the thread about Obozo refusing the helping hands that other countries extended to us;

3: the insanity of having the culprit/criminal be the overseer of the catastrophe.

That honestly didn't sound like I DEPLORED them?

Hmmm....

A lot of the art of leadership is symbolic, even when you can not personally solve a massive problem those who look to your leadership need to see you are doing every last thing you can to solve it, and more importantly that you understand, no not understand, that you are willing to feel at least some of the pain that the people directly suffering through the problem feel.

They need to see you feeling what they are feeling, what they are suffering.

I think Obama cares, but he is cool and detached and thinks there is some academic solution to what is a great disaster that requires as much poetry and feeling for the people at the cutting edge of the pain as it does cold, dull, gray, management.

And you can not come up with that true poetry if you do not go down there long enough to really, really feel the pain.

Last edited:
  • Banned
A lot of the art of leadership is symbolic, even when you can not personally solve a massive problem those who look to your leadership need to see you are doing every last thing you can to solve it, and more importantly that you understand, no not understand, that you are willing to feel at least some of the pain that the people directly suffering through the problem feel.

They need to see you feeling what they are feeling, what they are suffering.

I think Obama cares, but he is cool and detached and thinks there is some academic solution to what is a great disaster that requires as much poetry and feeling for the people at the cutting edge of the pain as it does cold, dull, gray, management.

And you can not come up with that true poetry if you do not go down there long enough to really, really feel the pain.

I disagree, I don't think he cares at all, I don't think either of them care.

Caring is a hard thing to divine, I understand your feeling because if it were me, if I was the President, I would be on a shrimp boat down there right now, not golfing.

Last edited:
As for the BP CEO, he cares about the bottom line, which is sinking faster than Oprah's ass.

As for the BP CEO, he cares about the bottom line, which is sinking faster than Oprah's ass.

Be an interesting bet, which will hit single digits faster, BP stock or Obama's approval rating.

Thing is now politically and economically they are counterweights.

For one to go up, the other must go down.

President Obama has to now lynch BP, flog the shit out of them to deflect the political cost and BP must now contain their cost and liability in very Machiavellian financial maneuvers.

The market and politics are two very different arts.

And if you think I am being insensitive by using the words "lynch" and "flog" regarding an African American President I would posit to you I am just giving him the same power I accord to any race. He is the President, lynching and flogging is part of the job.

I do not give fuck about how much or little melanin you have, I care about what you do.

I disagree, I don't think he cares at all, I don't think either of them care.

The thing that scares the spit out of me is the thought that they DO care,

they just haven't the vaguest idea of what to DO...

So they do the exact wrong thangs ~ "get away from it all,"

rather than confronting it, head on.

I just can't fathom what would make either of these men think it was acceptable to be out enjoying leisure time right now. By the way Biden was out playing golf with Obama.

The thing that scares the spit out of me is the thought that they DO care,

they just haven't the vaguest idea of what to DO...

So they do the exact wrong thangs ~ "get away from it all,"

rather than confronting it, head on.[/color][/size][/font]

You would make one hell of a carpenter.

Because that nail is hit.

So today BP CEO Tony Hayward is off sail boating while President Obama is playing golf. What the fuck is going on? Both of these assholes should be finding a way to clean up this mess and not take ANY days off until it's done..............

Both of them should be put in jail for this.

Congratulations to President Obama on this Fathers Day..

Enjoy your golf

Forum List

Back