Do you think reporters & FBI agents that offered & accepted bribes for stories should be prosecuted?

• Yes

• No

• Don't care

Results are only viewable after voting.
Well, I'm not disagreeing with you that it pisses them off. I'm just saying that they went into this mode immediately once it was clear Trump was going to win
Yeah, I don't know which came first, the evidence that he was going to win, or his worst attacks on the press.

The chicken or the egg at this point.

The fact is the MSM used the Trump rallies for ratings when they thought he had no chance of winning, they mocked him and his supporters. Once he won they moved form mockery to disdain for both.

They showed every rally start to finish. That HELPED TRUMP ENORMOUSLY.

And made them a butt load of money in the process. That doesn't change the fact that they mocked Trump and his supporters once they were over, they made a industry out of it. And it continues to this day.

Bullshit on the mocking. They reported what he said. He said crazy shit. That’s on him.

Yep, crazy enough to get him elected president. LMAO Now can we get back on topic?

Two major questions that I have for the DOJ IG.

1. What was the justification given for the FBI and DOJ conducting the email investigation of the bitch is such an atypical manner. Can he proved examples of other investigations of similar size, depth and importance, that didn't utilize subpoenas or a grand jury?

2. What "journalist" bribed FBI officials with meals, sports tickets, golf outings, ect, and who were the agents who took the bribes, violated their oaths and department policies, to leak stories to the journalist?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Discuss
If the FBI agents accepted compensation from outside individuals in return for information they are required to report that compensation to their agency
If they failed to do so they broke the law

Where is your evidence of a crime?

The IG report.

Well, Trump's win blew the media right off the rails, and they're not even trying to hide their advocacy at this point.

But at the same time, Trump brought much of this on himself with his attacks on them. I was in that business for about 18 years, and I can tell you one thing for sure: Their most cherished possession, seriously, is their opinion of their profession and their roles within it. It is holy, it is sacrosanct. He can't be surprised at this, with his history with the media. Attack the media's "journalistic integrity" and you're asking for all out, no holds barred war, I don't care WHO you are.

That's what we're seeing.

I totally don't buy that the media would be any different if he hadn't attacked them back. They started on him as soon as it was apparent he was going to be the nominee. W never attacked the media and they were just flat out vicious to him
Well, just my opinion, based on my experience.

It's as bad as insulting a person's religion. At least.

Well, I'm not disagreeing with you that it pisses them off. I'm just saying that they went into this mode immediately once it was clear Trump was going to win
Yeah, I don't know which came first, the evidence that he was going to win, or his worst attacks on the press.

The chicken or the egg at this point.

The fact is the MSM used the Trump rallies for ratings when they thought he had no chance of winning, they mocked him and his supporters. Once he won they moved form mockery to disdain for both.

I saw similarities between their treatment of Trump and Palin. In both cases, they gave the candidate as much air time as possible, thinking that the more exposure they got the better things would be for the Democrats.

I think that worked for them with Palin, and backfired on them with Trump.

You all want to have it both ways.

You claim that the news coverage of Trump was biased against him in one breath like whiny bitches.

In the next breath you beat your chests in victory because the news coverage helped Trump. Psych!!

Same with Comey. You whine about the deep state for months and then we learn that the IG says that Comeys actions helped Trump.

Man oh man! You fuckers should be begging for the Mueller probe to go on for years. It will make Donny a shoe in!

Silly nutters.

I watched ABC last night, the bias was obvious.

Nope. You didn't like what they said. That does not indicate bias on their part.

Really, they insinuated the charges against Manafort was connected to the Trump campaign, when in fact they stem form a decade before. They never seem to mention that, they only mention it's connected with the Russia investigation. For folks that know the facts the spin is very obvious.

Insinuated? That’s a great word. You can bend that one any way you like.

I’ve heard news outlets go into painstaking detail in order to explain that the actual charges that Manafort faces are not directly related to Trump.

Please direct me to the specific news program that you are referring to.

6/15/18 ABC World News Tonight.

Did you notice that they called him “Carl” and not Paul in the story?

They said nothing that was not accurate.

They did not state that the crimes Manafort was charged with happened years ago. If you call that bias by omission then I am sure you expect any report about anything to cover all history.

They also didn’t mention that Manafort has two hairy balls. Bias!!

Yep, they only mentioned his charges were related to the Russia investigation. That is misleading at best, intentional misdirection at worst. They never mention the initial investigation on Manafort had been in the FBI files for years before Trump ever entered the scene and no action was taken on it before Mueller. That's why Mueller had to secretly get a judge to waive the statute of limitations, the FBI hadn't made a case before they ran out.

Now back to the topic of reporters bribing people in the FBI and the atypical investigation of the bitch.

Nope. You didn't like what they said. That does not indicate bias on their part.

Really, they insinuated the charges against Manafort was connected to the Trump campaign, when in fact they stem form a decade before. They never seem to mention that, they only mention it's connected with the Russia investigation. For folks that know the facts the spin is very obvious.

I’ve heard news outlets go into painstaking detail in order to explain that the actual charges that Manafort faces are not directly related to Trump.

They did not state that the crimes Manafort was charged with happened years ago. If you call that bias by omission then I am sure you expect any report about anything to cover all history.

Yep, they only mentioned his charges were related to the Russia investigation. That is misleading at best, intentional misdirection at worst. They never mention the initial investigation on Manafort had been in the FBI files for years before Trump ever entered the scene and no action was taken on it before Mueller. That's why Mueller had to secretly get a judge to waive the statute of limitations, the FBI hadn't made a case before they ran out.

Now back to the topic of reporters bribing people in the FBI and the atypical investigation of the bitch.

No. It is a stated fact. The charges were filed by Mueller as part of the Russia Investigation.

The topic is not about any "bitch". You don't even know the topic and you are bitching about others.

You all want to have it both ways.

You claim that the news coverage of Trump was biased against him in one breath like whiny bitches.

In the next breath you beat your chests in victory because the news coverage helped Trump. Psych!!

Same with Comey. You whine about the deep state for months and then we learn that the IG says that Comeys actions helped Trump.

Man oh man! You fuckers should be begging for the Mueller probe to go on for years. It will make Donny a shoe in!

Silly nutters.

Yeah they also showed were some of the bitches people lied their asses off and nothing was going to happen to them. Contrast that to the Mueller investigation, that doesn't show equal treatment under the law.

This thread is as credible as the claims that millions of persons not eligible to vote do so.

LE Agencies on the Federal, State and local level have policies which will cost an officer, deputy or agent their job, their retirement and their liberty.

Of course some are stupid and do violate these policies, but those of us who worked IA enforce such violations, and when such wrong doing is clear and convincing they are put on leave, and the hiring authority is notified with a recommendation that the employee should be terminated. The district attorney is also notified and all evidence is provided to that office.

During the investigation someone who accepted a bribe will lie, and that is and of itself cause for termination.

And what should happen to the folks that offered and paid the bribes?

Quid pro quo, tickets to an event, transportation freely offered, a job for a wife or child, sex, drugs and money can all be bribes, and can all be illegal.

Bribery of a government official is a felony, and anyone convicted of such a crime ought to pay a large fine, make restitution if warranted, and serve at least one year and a day in lock up; upon release be denied the right to vote, hold elected or appointed office, and if a member of the bar, lose their license to practice.

Consider: If Trump were to pardon Manafort, and Manafort refused to testify if later subpoenaed, would Trump's use of the pardon be considered a bribe? Yes or No, what say you.

What say I, I say you're trying to derail the thread, this thread is about FBI conduct and the conduct of the reporters that used valuable inducements to get stories.

I answered your question.

You need to provide evidence that a bribe, or a series of bribes, were committed, and a quid pro quo existed between a named reporter and a named FBI Agent.

The Deep State conspiracy argument is what I've inferred is your agenda. IMO there is no cabal, no conspiracy and no effort to wrongly impeach or indict Trump.

We don't know what Mr Mueller's team has uncovered, nor what any internal affairs investigation within the bureau has discovered (beyond one agent and one lawyer's e-mail exchange which created this Deep State Conspiracy Hypothesis - it doesn't even warrant being called a theory).

No. It is a stated fact. The charges were filed by Mueller as part of the Russia Investigation.

The topic is not about any "bitch". You don't even know the topic and you are bitching about others.

Mueller sent his people digging in the FBI files looking for leverage on anyone connected with Trump. He resurrected the case, it had nothing to do with the scope of his investigation on Russia. Implying it did is just BS. Also you might want to read the OP again.

This thread is as credible as the claims that millions of persons not eligible to vote do so.

LE Agencies on the Federal, State and local level have policies which will cost an officer, deputy or agent their job, their retirement and their liberty.

Of course some are stupid and do violate these policies, but those of us who worked IA enforce such violations, and when such wrong doing is clear and convincing they are put on leave, and the hiring authority is notified with a recommendation that the employee should be terminated. The district attorney is also notified and all evidence is provided to that office.

During the investigation someone who accepted a bribe will lie, and that is and of itself cause for termination.

Quid pro quo, tickets to an event, transportation freely offered, a job for a wife or child, sex, drugs and money can all be bribes, and can all be illegal.

Bribery of a government official is a felony, and anyone convicted of such a crime ought to pay a large fine, make restitution if warranted, and serve at least one year and a day in lock up; upon release be denied the right to vote, hold elected or appointed office, and if a member of the bar, lose their license to practice.

Consider: If Trump were to pardon Manafort, and Manafort refused to testify if later subpoenaed, would Trump's use of the pardon be considered a bribe? Yes or No, what say you.

What say I, I say you're trying to derail the thread, this thread is about FBI conduct and the conduct of the reporters that used valuable inducements to get stories.

You need to provide evidence that a bribe, or a series of bribes, were committed, and a quid pro quo existed between a named reporter and a named FBI Agent.

The Deep State conspiracy argument is what I've inferred is your agenda. IMO there is no cabal, no conspiracy and no effort to wrongly impeach or indict Trump.

We don't know what Mr Mueller's team has uncovered, nor what any internal affairs investigation within the bureau has discovered (beyond one agent and one lawyer's e-mail exchange which created this Deep State Conspiracy Hypothesis - it doesn't even warrant being called a theory).

Child that was the whole premise of the thread, the IG didn't name names, that's why my original questions were directed at him. I posted a link to a story on the report about the bribes.

The report also revealed aids of the bitch lied to the FBI on several occasions and nothing was going to happen to them. Deep State, or what ever you want to call it, there's an unequal application of the law.

Child that was the whole premise of the thread, the IG didn't name names, that's why my original questions were directed at him. I posted a link to a story on the report about the bribes.

The report also revealed aids of the bitch lied to the FBI on several occasions and nothing was going to happen to them. Deep State, or what ever you want to call it, there's an unequal application of the law.

What's wrong child, kitty cat got your fingers.

"Child"? Not the best way to address me, though to begin with a personal affront is typical of a certain type of character and tells me more about you than you would hope.

Your premise was a conclusion, one which did not offer any proof or evidence of its truth:

"reporters & FBI agents that offered & accepted bribes for stories"

by the way, my wife and I and one of our sons went to see his younger brother, his wife and our two grandsons. There were no kitty cats on the premises, however there were two great danes: Tyson and Penny.

"Child"? Not the best way to address me, though to begin with a personal affront is typical of a certain type of character and tells me more about you than you would hope.

Your premise was a conclusion, one which did not offer any proof or evidence of its truth:

"reporters & FBI agents that offered & accepted bribes for stories"

by the way, my wife and I and one of our sons went to see his younger brother, his wife and our two grandsons. There were no kitty cats on the premises, however there were two great danes: Tyson and Penny.

I guess you missed this in post #6.

Numerous FBI employees accepted inappropriate gifts from reporters and routinely spoke to media outlets without authorization during the Hillary Clinton email probe, the Justice Department's watchdog revealed in Thursday's long-awaited accountability report.

The shocking revelation came just a week after the former security director for the Senate Intelligence Committee -- who was in charge of maintaining all classified information from the Executive Office to the panel -- was indicted for allegedly giving false statements to FBI agents looking into possible leaks to reporters.

"We identified instances where FBI employees improperly received benefits from reporters, including tickets to sporting events, golfing outings, drinks and meals, and admittance to nonpublic social events," reads the report by the inspector general, Michael Horowitz.

But because the inappropriate gifts were outside the scope of the IG's look at the Clinton email investigation, Horowitz added that the DOJ watchdog "will separately report on those investigations as they are concluded."

Along with the FBI's cozy relationship with the media, Horowitz's report charges that officials in the bureau at "all levels of the organization" leaked information to reporters without authorization.

FBI employees received 'improper' gifts from reporters, routinely leaked to media without authorization: IG report

Forum List

Back