UN: US inequality reaching a dangerous level due to Trump's 'cruel' measures

Yeah...Barry's the only President in the history of the country to serve two terms and never have 3% growth in a single year that he was in office! Booming? Sure Joey...

Trump hasn't hit the 3% mark, either.

So by your own standard, Trump is a failure.

Pigmentation has zero to do with this, Joey (other than in your mind!). Obama couldn't grow the economy or create jobs even with massive stimulus programs and a Fed who kept interest rates at near zero for the longest period in US history!

Unemployment went from 10% to 4.9% in his term... so he did just fine.

Keep in mind, the Weird Mormon Robot you guys ran in 2012 would have thought he was doing really good if he got unemployment down to 6%.

Who took unemployment to 10% in the first place despite spending nearly a trillion dollars in stimulus? Who had to hide how few jobs he created behind the smoke and mirrors of "Jobs Created or Saved"?

Who took unemployment to 10% in the first place despite spending nearly a trillion dollars in stimulus?

Um, that would be Bush... I know you all like to pretend that all never happened, with the wars and the recessions and all.

upload_2018-6-10_8-26-38.jpeg

I know that YOU like to pretend that's what happened but reality isn't your friend when it comes to that...is it?

Bush took unemployment to 10%? Really, Joey?

I know the men in black blotted out your memory of Bush's fuckup in 2008.

I know that YOU like to pretend that's what happened but reality isn't your friend when it comes to that...is it?

No, guy, I lived through it. After Bush was done, I had a 25% income reduction, a busted 401K and an underwater mortgage.

When Obama was done, I had a 30% income increase, a fluid mortgage and a flush 401K.

But you keep trying to pretend you guys DIDN'T TOTALLY FUCK IT UP. Please throw in something about Barney Frank, that shit never gets old.

Bush took unemployment to 10%? Really, Joey?

I know the men in black blotted out your memory of Bush's fuckup in 2008.

No, guy, I lived through it. After Bush was done, I had a 25% income reduction, a busted 401K and an underwater mortgage.

When Obama was done, I had a 30% income increase, a fluid mortgage and a flush 401K.

But you keep trying to pretend you guys DIDN'T TOTALLY FUCK IT UP. Please throw in something about Barney Frank, that shit never gets old.

Simple question, Joey...was it Bush who took unemployment to 10%...or did that happen under Obama despite his spending all that money on stimulus that was so ineffective the Obama Administration came up with "Jobs Created or Saved" to hide how bad it was?

UN: US inequality reaching a dangerous level due to Trump's 'cruel' measures
Source: The Guardian

Donald Trump is deliberately forcing millions of Americans into financial ruin, cruelly depriving them of food and other basic protections while lavishing vast riches on the super-wealthy, the United Nations monitor on poverty has warned.

Philip Alston, the UN special rapporteur who acts as a watchdog on extreme poverty around the world, has issued a withering critique of the state of America today. Trump is steering the country towards a “dramatic change of direction” that is rewarding the rich and punishing the poor by blocking access even to the most meager necessities.

“This is a systematic attack on America’s welfare program that is undermining the social safety net for those who can’t cope on their own. Once you start removing any sense of government commitment, you quickly move into cruelty,” Alston told the Guardian.

Millions of Americans already struggling to make ends meet faced “ruination”, he warned. “If food stamps and access to Medicaid are removed, and housing subsidies cut, then the effect on people living on the margins will be drastic.”

Read more: Trump's 'cruel' measures pushing US inequality to dangerous level, UN warns

Anyone that isn't rich should think twice before they ever vote republican again! I am dead serious.
Hey United Nations we spend a shit load of $$$ on you..so...:finger3:

Brilliant, well reasoned response. Smart, educated thinking individuals such as yourself are the reason why you have a President who is owned, lock, and barrel by Vladimir Putin.

Simple question, Joey...was it Bush who took unemployment to 10%...or did that happen under Obama despite his spending all that money on stimulus that was so ineffective the Obama Administration came up with "Jobs Created or Saved" to hide how bad it was?

yes, Bush had the plane plummeting to the ground... thanks for pointing that out. Obama brought us out of it. Glad to have cleared that up for you.

don't worry, when Trump fucks it all up, you'll find a way to blame Obama for that too. Probably punctuating it with the N-word.

yes, Bush had the plane plummeting to the ground... thanks for pointing that out. Obama brought us out of it. Glad to have cleared that up for you.

don't worry, when Trump fucks it all up, you'll find a way to blame Obama for that too. Probably punctuating it with the N-word.

Bush was the one who warned that a real estate crash was coming if Congress didn't act...he was ignored. Bush was the one who passed TARP at considerable political risk...the program that stabilized our financial institutions and kept us from a depression. What did Obama do to "bring us out of it"? Was he behind the fracking that drove the energy boom? Nope...he was against that! Did he cut regulations and make it easier for US businesses to compete globally? Nope...he increased those more than any President in our history!

The "N-word"? LOL...you need to goad someone into using language like that...don't you, Joey! You need that because you're getting your ass handed to you in any comparison between how Barack Obama handled the economy compared to how Trump is handling it! You're desperate to play the race card and make this discussion about anything else BUT how good the economy is right now!

Bush was the one who warned that a real estate crash was coming if Congress didn't act...he was ignored.

Again, i've posted a number of videos where Bush praised the increase in minority home ownership as the best thing, ever.

Not going to keep having this discussion with you if you make the same dumb arguments.

Bush was in charge when the economy crashed. He owns it.

Bush was the one who warned that a real estate crash was coming if Congress didn't act...he was ignored.

Again, i've posted a number of videos where Bush praised the increase in minority home ownership as the best thing, ever.

Not going to keep having this discussion with you if you make the same dumb arguments.

Bush was in charge when the economy crashed. He owns it.

Ah, both parties praised the increase in minority home ownership, Joey! Show me a Democrat who warned of an impending real estate crash if we didn't tighten up things at Fannie Mae? Bush did that. You liberals pooh poohed him for it when he did. Would you like to see the videos of Barney Frank doing exactly that?

Ah, both parties praised the increase in minority home ownership, Joey! Show me a Democrat who warned of an impending real estate crash if we didn't tighten up things at Fannie Mae? Bush did that. You liberals pooh poohed him for it when he did. Would you like to see the videos of Barney Frank doing exactly that?

Bush did no such thing, and the real problem wasn't the real estate or Fannie Mae.

It was the Banksters taking those sub-prime loans and selling them as investments, which Bush ,despite controlling congress and all the regulating agencies, did nothing about.

Bush did no such thing, and the real problem wasn't the real estate or Fannie Mae.

It was the Banksters taking those sub-prime loans and selling them as investments, which Bush ,despite controlling congress and all the regulating agencies, did nothing about.

One of two things are going on here, Joey...

Either you're absolutely clueless about what took place back then...or you've decided to simply lie about it!

One of two things are going on here, Joey...

Either you're absolutely clueless about what took place back then...or you've decided to simply lie about it!

Or I don't think that you should blame Barney Frank when he didn't have any power to effect anything.

Bush ran the Presidency
GOP ran the Senate
GOP ran the House
GOP Ran the SEC, FDLIC and FSLIC

Barney had sex with someone who worked at Fannie Mae once.

Frank was the leading Democrat on the House Financial Services Committee, and he served as committee chairman in 2007. Saying he had no power to "effect" (sic) anything is simply one more of your lies.

Frank was the leading Democrat on the House Financial Services Committee, and he served as committee chairman in 2007. Saying he had no power to "effect" (sic) anything is simply one more of your lies.

again, the damage was done long before 2007.... 2007 was when it all started falling apart.

Bush controlled the FEC and other agencies... he didn't need Barney to do his job.

This should have all been explained to you in 8th grade civics.

again, the damage was done long before 2007.... 2007 was when it all started falling apart.

Bush controlled the FEC and other agencies... he didn't need Barney to do his job.

This should have all been explained to you in 8th grade civics.

And yet in 2007 when it all started falling apart (just as Bush warned it might!) Barney Frank was STILL saying that there wasn't a problem with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac!

And yet in 2007 when it all started falling apart (just as Bush warned it might!) Barney Frank was STILL saying that there wasn't a problem with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac!

That wasn't the problem.

The problem was the banks giving loans to Yuppies for McMansions they couldnt' afford and selling the bad paper as investments...

All of which Bush could have stopped.

But you are much happier if you can blame the homos and the darkies... we get that.

That wasn't the problem.

The problem was the banks giving loans to Yuppies for McMansions they couldnt' afford and selling the bad paper as investments...

All of which Bush could have stopped.

But you are much happier if you can blame the homos and the darkies... we get that.

The "problem" is that people like Barney Frank wouldn't even ADMIT that there was a problem...even as the collapse was happening!

Forum List

Back