UN Trumps 1st Amendment?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Annie, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    The UN could not bring itself to condemn Iran for snatching British military personelle yesterday, but they are at work today on another topic.

As noted on another thread, none of the MSM were willing to take on the Mohammed cartoon caper.

Now the UN wishes to codify that it's not possible, even when acknowledged that they didn't out of concern for their employees, (gives one a warm, fuzzy feeling, no?)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070330/wl_nm/religion_rights_islam_dc_1

2. boedicca

boedicca Uppity Water Nymph Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,700
    Well, Judaism is a religion. Does this mean that the Middle East members will be proscribed from using the UN to demonize it?

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Seems the definition of religion might change? Did you see the chocolate Jesus in NY hotel, coinciding with Easter? That's just fine? (It's protected, though I'm trying to find the hotel, so I NEVER stay there or in any of its extensions if any).

I wonder about Palestinian and Saudi children's programming, depicting Jews as pigs and monkies or drainers of children's blood?

I would guess that the idea of 'depictions of the prophet' make it illegal to do with Islam, but lack of same in Bible take other religions off the list?

4. boedicca

boedicca Uppity Water Nymph Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,700
    The next step is for the UN to declare that there are only two valid religions in the world: Islam and Secular Statism.