UK puts gay guy on £50 banknote

Don't know or care anything about the guy on the 50 Pound note. But if the note is anything like the 50 dollar bill, I would avoid it like the plague.

I hate those $50 bills: They look too much like the 20 dollar bill and are easy to confuse, so the teller makes a mistake and short-changes you. That's already happened to me.

They also mess up your count when you count your money. Throwing in an odd number when you're counting even numbers sucks. I only like even numbers.

Like most countries, UK bills come in different colors and sizes. Making it very easy to distinguish.

We must have missed that memo. :laughing0301:

main-qimg-80ce0481e711987100cd613122992e36

UK notes, and those in most other countries. We seem to be the exception to that rule.

That's because we're exceptional. :auiqs.jpg:

I agree...

JC. Any man who sticks his dick in another mans sweaty, dirty asshole is committing a crime against humanity.

Last edited:
Don't know or care anything about the guy on the 50 Pound note. But if the note is anything like the 50 dollar bill, I would avoid it like the plague.

I hate those $50 bills: They look too much like the 20 dollar bill and are easy to confuse, so the teller makes a mistake and short-changes you. That's already happened to me.

They also mess up your count when you count your money. Throwing in an odd number when you're counting even numbers sucks. I only like even numbers.

Like most countries, UK bills come in different colors and sizes. Making it very easy to distinguish.

UK notes, and those in most other countries. We seem to be the exception to that rule.

I agree...

And we have the most non-gay money in the world: No pictures of fruity flowers, furry little critters, or women nobody's ever heard of. Just big, brave men who pushed plows, chopped up big trees with axes, and weren't afraid to kill tyrants.

God if it weren't for all those pussy Democrats, I'd love this country even more.

:laughing0301:

I agree...

And we have the most non-gay money in the world: No pictures of fruity flowers, furry little critters, or women nobody's ever heard of. Just big, brave men who pushed plows, chopped up big trees with axes, and weren't afraid to kill tyrants.

God if it weren't for all those pussy Democrats, I'd love this country even more.

I'm not even going to ask what he does...lol

I think our dough is going to change too...Harriet Tubman or former lesbian first lady Eleanor Roosevelt.

I agree...

I think our dough is going to change too...Harriet Tubman or former lesbian first lady Eleanor Roosevelt.

No thanks. With this inflation, our money's worth less as it is. Besides, I already have enough toilet paper stocked up after the pandemic.

I agree...

You watch. George Floyd will replace the other George

I agree...

I'm not even going to ask what he does...lol

Eleanor had the wrong guy

I agree...

Probably make the bill pink too. Instead of calling it a "buck" or a "simolian", we'd call it a floyd or a pinkie. Or a pink floyd.

I agree...

Probably make the bill pink too. Instead of calling it a "buck" or a "simolian", we'd call it a floyd or a pinkie. Or a pink floyd.
Put him on the 20, the same bill that got his ass snuffed.lolol

I agree...

Put him on the 20, the same bill that got his ass snuffed.lolol

That's impossible! Everybody knows that black folks can't operate printers, much less, computers.

Alan Turing gets on the £50 banknotes, the guy was persecuted for being gay, even though he was a national hero. How the UK was back then, and some countries are today.
No. No-one was "persecuted" for being gay - he was persecuted for breaking the law (at the time) which was committing lewd homosexual acts.

Contrary to this popular myth, being gay has never been illegal. Shagging your own sex was criminal, though. There's a difference.
A distinction without a difference.

Alan Turing gets on the £50 banknotes, the guy was persecuted for being gay, even though he was a national hero. How the UK was back then, and some countries are today.
No. No-one was "persecuted" for being gay - he was persecuted for breaking the law (at the time) which was committing lewd homosexual acts.

Contrary to this popular myth, being gay has never been illegal. Shagging your own sex was criminal, though. There's a difference.
Not quite.

For example :

It's legal to be attracted to children.
It's illegal to act on it.

Again, I'm not saying the law was correct but if you can't recognise the distinction then that's up to you.

Just using a tiny bit of logic here............
Maybe the guy is on the money because of his actions and deeds for his country..........not for his personal and private lifestyle.
If specifics about peoples personal lives are going to be initiated, then how about all the lives the Royal Family has destroyed over it hypocritical hierarchy over the many decades they have been on the money?

View attachment 504632
Too bad that he was persecuted to the point he committed suicide.

I don't think he would have cared if his picture was on any currency had he been allowed to live his life and continue his work

Um, yeah, those are the same thing. "Being"......

See, seems like you are confusing feelings, your internal state of mind, as being a thing on the same level as objects and actions in physical reality.

"Being" isn't an internal state. "Being" is a collection of objects and action. You aren't a baseball player because you sit on the couch watching people play baseball and thinking about how hitting a ball and running around bases. What makes one a baseball player is the physical and observable activities of being on a team, in the batting order, wearing a baseball mitt, hitting a ball, running around the bases, catching flyballs, tagging runners, and all of the activities and objects that are part of what is a baseball player.

Yes, laws that make the activities that are what a gay person does in a personal relationship with a gay partner is making being gay illegal.

Um, yeah, those are the same thing. "Being"......

See, seems like you are confusing feelings, your internal state of mind, as being a thing on the same level as objects and actions in physical reality.

"Being" isn't an internal state. "Being" is a collection of objects and action. You aren't a baseball player because you sit on the couch watching people play baseball and thinking about how hitting a ball and running around bases. What makes one a baseball player is the physical and observable activities of being on a team, in the batting order, wearing a baseball mitt, hitting a ball, running around the bases, catching flyballs, tagging runners, and all of the activities and objects that are part of what is a baseball player.

Yes, laws that make the activities that are what a gay person does in a personal relationship with a gay partner is making being gay illegal.
So if you're gay and a virgin, then you're not a real gay because simply being gay and having gay sex is the same thing?

I can't believe there's so many folk lining up to intentionally miss a very simple point.

Not quite.

For example :

It's legal to be attracted to children.
It's illegal to act on it.

Again, I'm not saying the law was correct but if you can't recognise the distinction then that's up to you.

There is a distinction between your internal state and the physical activities that express that internal state. But it is the physical activities that are the essence of "Being", not how you feel or think.

You can think and feel you are President of the United States. But that doesn't make you the President of the United States.

The distinction is between the subjective internal "awareness", very limited awareness at that, an the objective and physical reality of action and objects. The distinction is that BEING gay is a collection of actions. There is a huge difference between "feeling" and "being".

Thinking about killing someone doesn't make you a murderer. Actually murdering someone is what makes you a murderer. Making killing a person illegal, making the act that defines a killer illegal, makes being a murderer illegal.

Again, the measure of reality is the objects and actions, not how you feel. It is illegal to be a murderer. Thinking about killing someone doesn't make you a murderer, it is the action.

Forum List

Back