UK Independent: Snowfalls are now just a thing of the past- Oh wait that was 2000

Neotrotsky

Council to Supreme Soviet
Dec 12, 2009
People's Republic
Snowfalls are now just a thing of the past March 20, 2000
Britain's winter ends tomorrow with further indications of a striking environmental change: snow is starting to disappear from our lives.

Global warming, the heating of the atmosphere by increased amounts of industrial gases, is now accepted as a reality by the international community. Average temperatures in Britain were nearly 0.6°C higher in the Nineties than in 1960-90, and it is estimated that they will increase by 0.2C every decade over the coming century. Eight of the 10 hottest years on record occurred in the Nineties.

Heavy Snow Causes Disruptions in Britain January 6, 2010
London, a city known for its low tolerance for snow, was buffeted by an unusually thick snowfall on Wednesday, the heaviest in more than 20 years. The snow and ice shut down railroad services, airports and schools across southern England and brought travel nearly to a halt on major highways.

As deep as eighteen inches in some areas, the snowfall on Wednesday was the biggest in southern England since 1987. Two of London’s three airports, Gatwick and Luton, shut down entirely, and delays were reported at the largest, Heathrow.

Last edited:
Yes indeed comrade!

We need more gov't programs to stop Climate Cold,,,,er,,,,Climate Warming,,er,,, Climate Change NOW!

We must stop Climate from Changing and have these programs in place before the proletariat knows what hit them

I hope it is not too late for Mother Gaia

BuriedCar2-thumb.jpg

I just had a scary thought.....Carbon dioxide is one of the things the left blames our global warming climate changing situation on.....people exhale carbon dioxide when they breathe...but plants use this to grow and produce food and in so doing they release oxygen into the air.

Let's see if Al Gore's new science will push for all humans to cut back on the amount of carbon dioxide each one of us emits during our life time.

Will this be part of Obama's cap and tax program.Is this part of the death panels in Obama care?

I just had a scary thought.....Carbon dioxide is one of the things the left blames our global warming climate changing situation on.....people exhale carbon dioxide when they breathe...but plants use this to grow and produce food and in so doing they release oxygen into the air.

Let's see if Al Gore's new science will push for all humans to cut back on the amount of carbon dioxide each one of us emits during our life time.

Will this be part of Obama's cap and tax program.Is this part of the death panels in Obama care?

In their prefect world, they will be able to buy "carbon credits".
Indeed, the future will be like a new "feudal" state.

We the people will be living in grass huts or small houses while the politically connected and rich will have their "special Dispensation" to make as much carbon as they want....

But of course, the bright side- We will all be equal (well some will be more equal than others)

:eusa_angel:

We will become... shovel ready.

Gotta LOVE this. From the article:

According to Dr David Viner, a senior research scientist at the climatic research unit (CRU) of the University of East Anglia,within a few years winter snowfall will become "a very rare and exciting event"."Children just aren't going to know what snow is," he said.
:rofl:

I want you all to pause and take a moment to think about ...."Global Climate Change". Okay...got the mental picture going on for you.....when hasn't there been global climate change? Those three words have been going on since there was an atmosphere.
The left takes the last 130 years and think they have it down to a peer reviewed science. :cuckoo:

We went through this same kind of bullshit last December when there were places that were have a very cold month. And then this summer, they had record heat. So much so, that 2010 will come close to, or equal, 1998 for global temperture.

I know you guys call me names, but I love you. Seriously. You're so predictable and unimaginative.

Imagine this, the sun heats the ocean, the water turns to "water vapor". The vapor "floats" over land. Being winter, the land is "cool". The upper atmosphere is "very cold". So the "water" that evaporated from the "ocean" falls to the ground as "snow".

The reason there is so much "more" snow, is because the heat made more water evaporate than in the past.

Right wingers will call this, "The Theory of Evaporation" and say it's not mentioned in the Bible so they will be skeptical.

The rest of the world will laugh and laugh and laugh. The hilarity will be lost on Republicans.

watercycle.gif

http://www.usmessageboard.com/science-and-technology/147134-can-scientists-be-republicans.html

Forum List

Back