UK Independent: Snowfalls are now just a thing of the past- Oh wait that was 2000

My, what a parade of ignoramouses we have here. .

Why is that, because we are adhering to reality and not a bunch of cooked up "science" filled with lies and deceit to push a political agenda? At least I can spell ignoramus.

I know you guys call me names, but I love you. Seriously. You're so predictable and unimaginative.

Imagine this, the sun heats the ocean, the water turns to "water vapor". The vapor "floats" over land. Being winter, the land is "cool". The upper atmosphere is "very cold". So the "water" that evaporated from the "ocean" falls to the ground as "snow".

The reason there is so much "more" snow, is because the heat made more water evaporate than in the past.
Please read the article linked in the OP, and ask yourself why the scientists quoted didn't seem to know this as lately as 2000. I'll wait to see if you can answer that.

They had a very mild winter in Europe in 2000, so here we are, these scientists using that to claim that snow was a thing of the past, children of the future wouldn't know what snow is, all of that. Did you bother reading the article?

I wish to hell these idiots were not so easily manipulated by the very people who created bullshit to make it look like the science was being legitimately questioned.

They can never seem to grasp the real facts.

produce not only fewer white Christmases, but fewer white Januaries and Februaries.

when did fewer turn into none?

I wish to hell these idiots were not so easily manipulated by the very people who created bullshit to make it look like the science was being legitimately questioned.

They can never seem to grasp the real facts.

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts"

You and rdean are really committed to proving Richard Feynman right, on a daily basis, aren't y'all?!? :rofl:

produce not only fewer white Christmases, but fewer white Januaries and Februaries.

Please show where anyone said "none."

Meanwhile, read this hyperbole again:
According to Dr David Viner, a senior research scientist at the climatic research unit (CRU) of the University of East Anglia,within a few years winter snowfall will become "a very rare and exciting event". "Children just aren't going to know what snow is," he said.
We have the leading climate scientist, due only to the occurrence of a dry winter in Britain, greatly exaggerating the issue. This is the same type of stuff you and others of your ilk rail against, when "righties" do the same. How is it okay now?

What a fool he looks like, considering the current snow crisis in Britain, and pretty much everywhere else in the Northern Hemisphere the last ten years, since he said that.

He was flat WRONG. That's the point.

You warmers can't seem to just read the article in the OP, then shake your head and say, "That's really stupid of them" like rational people would. Or even at the very least, ignore it and move on. Instead, you have to somehow, try to defend this. Erect straw men, change the subject, employ logical fallacies, whatever it takes.

Is this dishonesty with yourself and others intentional? And to what purpose exactly?

Last edited:
We went through this same kind of bullshit last December when there were places that were have a very cold month. And then this summer, they had record heat. So much so, that 2010 will come close to, or equal, 1998 for global temperture.

Only through data manipulation there olfraud. Or didn't you notice Hansen playing with the
temp records?

My, what a parade of ignoramouses we have here. Well, keep it up, fellows. Nice to know who the idiots are.
Yes, we know who the idiots are, they're quoted in the article linked in the OP.

Oh and, you. It's "ignoramuses." Fucking dullard clod.

I have peer reviewed this and find it to be 100% accurate!

I know you guys call me names, but I love you. Seriously. You're so predictable and unimaginative.

Imagine this, the sun heats the ocean, the water turns to "water vapor". The vapor "floats" over land. Being winter, the land is "cool". The upper atmosphere is "very cold". So the "water" that evaporated from the "ocean" falls to the ground as "snow".

The reason there is so much "more" snow, is because the heat made more water evaporate than in the past.

Right wingers will call this, "The Theory of Evaporation" and say it's not mentioned in the Bible so they will be skeptical.

The rest of the world will laugh and laugh and laugh. The hilarity will be lost on Republicans.

watercycle.gif

http://www.usmessageboard.com/science-and-technology/147134-can-scientists-be-republicans.html

Oh no Deanie we don't beat dogs either. Water vapor has a residency time of about ten days, so how do you get the water vapor to stick around for all those months till the temps drop and you can get the snow to form?

Whoopsie, that theory doesn't stand even a basic high school science smell test. SORRY!

Guys , are you going to answer?

From the OP truthiness matters, highlighted for the intellectually impaired...

"However, the warming is so far manifesting itself more in winters which are less cold than in much hotter summers. According to Dr David Viner, a senior research scientist at the climatic research unit (CRU) of the University of East Anglia,within a few years winter snowfall will become "a very rare and exciting event".

"Children just aren't going to know what snow is," he said.

Right wingers will call this, "The Theory of Evaporation" and say it's not mentioned in the Bible so they will be skeptical.

The rest of the world will laugh and laugh and laugh. The hilarity will be lost on Republicans.

watercycle.gif

http://www.usmessageboard.com/science-and-technology/147134-can-scientists-be-republicans.html

It isn't just snow. There are record cold temperatures as well. So it's not simply more water vapor and increased snowfall we're talking about.

UTV News - NI temperature plummets to record low

Record low temperatures and heavy snow causes travel woes - News - The Comet

Record Cold at Cancun Climate Confab

Frigid South Florida Seeing Record Lows | NBC Miami

Very rare now means never?

Being deliberately obtuse are we? The OP makes reference to a particular bit of hyperbole foisted off on the public by one of the leading climatologists of the CRU at Hadley. Ask HIM your infantile questions.

Australia is getting hotter, the seas surrounding it are rising, and rainfall patterns are changing.

Those are the take-aways from the "State of the Climate" report released on Monday by top scientists in Australia. "There is greater than 90 percent certainty that increases in greenhouse gas emissions" -- carbon dioxide and methane created by human activity -- "have caused most of the global warming since the mid-20th century," according to the snapshot of climate trends, which was a joint effort of the Australian Bureau of Meterology and the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (CSIRO). "Our observations clearly demonstrate that climate change is real."

Australia: Climate Hotter, Sea Levels Higher, Rainfall Weirder | OnEarth Magazine

381634787_f52e84a5af_s.jpg

This is why the right wing is hilarious. They think that if it gets colder in "one place", then that proves climate change is a lie. You simply can't explain to them that some places are hotter and some colder. The evidence is "massive", but it will never be enough.

6%

Australia is getting hotter, the seas surrounding it are rising, and rainfall patterns are changing.
Which has, exactly what to do with the topic of the thread?

You warmers can't seem to just read the article in the OP, then shake your head and say, "That's really stupid of them" like rational people would. Or even at the very least, ignore it and move on. Instead, you have to somehow, try to defend this. Erect straw men, change the subject, employ logical fallacies, whatever it takes.

Is this dishonesty with yourself and others intentional? And to what purpose exactly?

Forum List

Back