U.S. White Population Will Be Minority by 2042, Government Says

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Manuel, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Manuel

Manuel *****

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22
    The white majority in the U.S. will be outnumbered by Americans of other races by 2042, eight years sooner than previously projected by the Census Bureau.

Minorities, defined by the agency as everyone except non- Hispanic, single-race whites, will make up 54 percent of the U.S. population in 2050, compared with 34 percent of the population today, the Census Bureau said in a statement. The data updates predictions made by the bureau in 2004.

The projections released today, based on census results and assumptions about future childbearing, mortality and migration, show the minority population of the U.S. will be 235.7 million out of a total of 439 million in 2050. More than half of all U.S. children are expected to be from minority ethnic groups by 2023.

Bloomberg.com: Worldwide

2. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,618
    Yup!

America is changing, no doubt about it.

3. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,203
    I can't wait for the day that whites aren't the majority. I am white, but I don't feel like I'm white enough to feel like a part of the club.

When they came for the Jews I didn't stand up because I wasn't Jewish; when they came for the anarchists I didn't stand up because I wasn't an anarchist; when they came for me there was no longer anyone left to stand up.

4. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    Does this mean that the whites will then get the bonuses of affirmative action?

5. Jon

Jon The CPA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,281
    :eusa_pray:

6. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,618
    Having been a working class kid of a White American father with a Slavic surname, one raised in a neighborhood where most people were wealthier WASPS or Jews, I started out feeling like I didn't belong to the White race.

I was, as a child about as close as most of my neighbors got to a minority.

Swear to God, I remember one kid's father telling me I ought to move back to Russia where I belonged when I was about 8 years old.

And then, having been on the road and finding myself often living around people of color, I realized that I really wasn't a member of any race or ethnic whatever.

I cling so deperately to my identity as an AMERICAN because to be honest, that's the only group I come even close to identifying with.

Of course, it doesn't help much that I am typically completely out of step with what most conservative or liberal Americans think or want, but what can I say?

I never met an icon I wouldn't oclast if I thought it was a graven image that was not beneficial to my nation for my fellow Americans to be worshipping it.

I'd have gone a hell of lot further in this world if I could just blend, you know?

Sadly my cynical philosdophical makes that pretty much impossible, as many of you, no doubt, must be realizing.

Character is destiny, folks.

7. Orange_Juice

Orange_Juice Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +58
    If you are white in this country and can't get ahead, you are a loser, plain and simple

8. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,618

Thanks for you imput on behalf of the fifty million White americans who aren't making it in this country, sport.

9. Jon

Jon The CPA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,281
    If you are any race in this country and can't get ahead, you are a loser, plain and simple.

If you think being of a certain race is a hindrance, tell it to people of all races that have successfully run multibillion dollar corporations, ran for political office, and generally broken racial barriers of all kinds.

10. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,110
    the report says, WHITE NON-HISPANICS.....Whites will still be the majority in total....