U.S. Troops Have Been Secretly Training Taiwan's Military...I am sure CHINA is SO SCARED!

*laughs*

Yes, I have seen that thrown out before.

Want to know what most of those ROROs would be called in such an event?

"Artificial Reefs".

Once again, look back at what I said about the 747. A RORO has absolutely no defensive capability. And the navies and air forces know this, and would be concentrating on those very ships because they make easy targets. They can not even stop the primitive EXOCET missiles of 40 years ago that devastated shipping during the "Tanker War" of the late 1980's. So such would only work if Taiwan was completely asleep, and had absolutely no support.

Hell, look to the little spiff that the UK and Argentina got into. Where with Exocet missiles they took out cargo ships and even combat ships with ease without serious anti-air defenses. Those inexpensive missiles of 40 years ago were destroying with ease tankers, cargo ships, even modern missile destroyers 40 years ago. How well do you think a bunch of ROROs and Container Ships would do against modern ones?

In a shooting war, it matters little. And once again, they would be playing into the strongest capabilities of the US, with one of their weakest.

One thing about the US, nobody doubts their mastery of logistics. They can maintain and keep operating at sea entire Amphibious and Carrier forces. With all resupply coming from ships and their never having to return to port. And can do the same thing with submarines. And have been doing so since before WWII. This is exactly the kind of thing that China completely lacks. You toss out some cherry picked paper, I am sure myself and others can then talk about the capabilities of the US in UNREP.

Once again, Amateurs talk strategy. Professionals talk logistics. I have been discussing almost nothing but logistics, in case you missed it.

And in logistics, China fails.
In logistics, China is the country with largest ship manufacturing in the world.

And as we are talking about the new possible fronts of the Cold War 2.0, I suggest to recall a popular Russian song "Phantom" about a heroic 'Chinese' fighter 李西青 (Li Xi-Qing/Lisitsin) who had been fighting against evil Japans and Americans in China, Korea and Vietnam.

Last edited:
In logistics, China is the country with largest ship manufacturing in the world.

Which has exactly what to do with anything?

Once again, you can not actually refute anything. You simply spin once again, into something that actually has nothing to do with anything.

And I already said this before. A standard cargo ship is not a military vessel. It's expected lifespan in a combat theater is measured in hours. I could not care less how many ships they have or can produce, meaningless to the discussion.

Which has exactly what to do with anything?

Once again, you can not actually refute anything. You simply spin once again, into something that actually has nothing to do with anything.

And I already said this before. A standard cargo ship is not a military vessel. It's expected lifespan in a combat theater is measured in hours. I could not care less how many ships they have or can produce, meaningless to the discussion.
Sea won't be a 'combat theater' after elimination of ROC's aviation and coastal defense. Stages of PRC vs ROC conflict will be simple:
1. PLAN and PLAAF eliminate ROC's aviation and fleet.
2. PLAN and PLAAF eliminate ROC's coastal defense.
3. PLANMC capture main ports.
4. Trade fleet transport PLAGF to Taiwan.
5. Police operation against leftovers from DPP and KMP.
6. ...
7. PROFIT!!!

Sea won't be a 'combat theater' after elimination of ROC's aviation and coastal defense.

Once again, completely ignoring that Taiwan would not be defending itself alone. Australia, Japan, South Korea, as well as the US, and most of Europe and the UK Commonwealth would also be jumping in to help defend it (and a good chance Vietnam and Philippines and even India as well). What, you honestly think it would be just the PRC and ROC?

As I said, you really do not think things like this through very well, do you?

Let me give you the reality.

1. US and other international intelligence agencies detect the buildup of Chinese forces weeks in advance and the readying of their naval forces to put to sea towards Taiwan.
2. UN and the International Community gives stern warnings that such will not be tolerated.
3. As task force puts out to sea, US is already mobilizing all local assets to the region. Likely placing some US Naval assets between Taiwan and China, while most remain to the east.

Now either:

4. China backs down and goes home.

Or:

4. China launches first attack. At which point it becomes an "open fire" zone. And all assets of Australia, US, England, and any other nations go to work on any Chinese forces they can.
6. China gets a single wave into place (maybe). International cordon is placed around the island, destroying any PRC ships or aircraft that come close. Meanwhile, the 3rd Marine Division (Okinawa) as well as any other Marine assets (roughly 2 Regiments) as well as all other assets are mobilized to Taiwan to root out any Chinese that have managed to get ashore.
7. A radical change in the UN.

And how radical, will depend on what China does. I bet at a minimum, official recognition of Taiwan again. And that is the best of outcomes I could see for China. Absolute worst? Revocation of "Official Recognition and Status" as a member of the UN, and the seat and Veto Power being given back to Taiwan.

Last edited:
Once again, completely ignoring that Taiwan would not be defending itself alone. Australia, Japan, South Korea, as well as the US, and most of Europe and the UK Commonwealth would also be jumping in to help defend it (and a good chance Vietnam and Philippines as well). What, you honestly think it would be just the PRC and ROC?

As I said, you really do not think things like this through very well, do you?
As I said earlier, China won't be alone, too. There will be Russia, North Korea and significant part of Shanghai Pact on their side.

Last edited:
As I said earlier, China won't be alone, too. There will be Russia, North Korea and significant part of Shanghai Pact on their side.

Russia is smarter and knows better. They would no more defend China in this than the Soviet Union defended Iraq when they tried to annex Kuwait.

North Korea? Where the largest single number of fighters in their entire inventory is the 78 Chinese made copies of the MiG-21 Fishbed? No joke, which entered service in 1955.

Where half of their surface combatants are the Sariwan class Corvettes and built in the 1960's? Based on a ship built by the Soviets in the 1930's as a minesweeper?

You have got to be joking! Hell, the Japanese could by themselves put paid to the entire North Korean Navy and Air Force and not even blink.

And don't forget, it is a long ways from North Korea to that area. I suggest you take a look at a map.

East-Asia-and-Oceania-Political-Map.jpg

And the strongest concentration of US forces in the region? Right between the two, just 450 miles north of Taiwan. Already mentioned, home of a major US Air Force Base, and an entire US Marine Infantry Division.

Please stop trying to show off your "military strategy", because each time is simply more funny than the last.

What next, China will get everybody to put a curse on Taiwan, so all their trigger fingers fall off? And the rest of the world goes blind so they can not respond?

You really do not live in the real world, do you?

Let's see.......US forces trained Afghan soldiers for 20 years and those soldiers fell in a week to the Taliban.

That means Taiwan will last about 15 minutes when China attacks them.

Did it ever occur to you the Afghan soldiers wanted the Taliban back in power?

I do not think the same thing can be said about Taiwan.

We can send Admiral Levine to patrol off Taiwan.

That should send a message..

I already explained in quite a bit of detail what all would be involved. Does he really need to go over it again?

I would think any moron would be able to see that China would not just be strolling in like a day in the park.

Yes.

I didnt say it was would a stroll in the park.

I said China is not afraid of A Taiwan soldier.

You are the moron.

Explain why CHINA should be AFRAID of a TAIWAN soldier.

CHINA and TAIWAN SOLDIER.

Not China and the entire Taiwan military.
Not China and the US backing TAIWAN.
Not China and the world backing TAIWAN.

My point is that if China wants Taiwan. It will get Taiwan.

You are claiming China will not take Taiwan.

I disagree.

Pleasure talking to you.

Its a shame the other poster cannot speak for himself.

If China wants Taiwan, it is going to take it.

This thread will be interesting to revisit.

Hopefully the Taiwan SOLDIERS are more capable than the Afghan SOLDIERS.

The people on the ground in uniform trained by the US.

THOSE TAIWAN SOLDIERS….THE FLESH AND BLOOD HUMAN BEINGS WHO MIGHT BE IN THE ACTUAL COMBAT….HOPEFULLY THEY ARE BETTER TRAINED THAN AFGHAN SOLDIERS.

Any moron should know the difference between a TAIWAN SOLDIER and the politics of the INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY.

I AM REFERRING TO A TAIWANESE SOLDIER.

SOLDIER….TAIWAN ARMY REGULAR.

Forum List

Back