U.S. military raid in Somalia frees American, Dane

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
U.S. military raid in Somalia frees American, Dane

MOGADISHU, Somalia (AP) – U.S. Navy SEALs parachuted into Somalia under cover of darkness early Wednesday and crept up to an outdoor camp where an American woman and Danish man were being held hostage. Soon, nine kidnappers were dead and both hostages were freed.

President Obama himself authorized the mission two days earlier, and minutes after he gave his State of the Union address to Congress he was on the phone with the American's father to tell him his daughter was safe.

"As Commander-in-Chief, I could not be prouder of the troops who carried out this mission, and the dedicated professionals who supported their efforts," Obama said in a statement released by the White House.

The Danish Refugee Council confirmed that the two aid workers, American Jessica Buchanan and Dane Poul Hagen Thisted, were "on their way to be reunited with their families."

Buchanan, 32, and Thisted, 60, were working with a de-mining unit of the Danish Refugee Council when gunmen kidnapped the two in October.

A pirate who gave his name as Bile Hussein told the Associated Press he had spoken to pirates at the scene of the raid and they reported that nine pirates had been killed and three were "taken away," which could mean they were captured by U.S. troops. He said the raid caught the guards as they were sleeping after having chewed the narcotic leaf qat for much of the evening.

GO SEAL TEAM 6... I have many friends who are or retired seal team members!! They are an awesome bunch of guys

Did you thank military members and units for their actions when Bush was President?
It's telling that you can't even congratulate the Seal team in your post, and instead you resort to your typical pettiness.

Did you thank military members and units for their actions when Bush was President?
It's telling that you can't even congratulate the Seal team in your post, and instead you resort to your typical pettiness.
You didn't congratulate the SEAL Team in your mad rush to kiss Obama's ass.

I chose to make my view known in one of the other threads: http://www.usmessageboard.com/afric...-hostages-held-since-october.html#post4715346

I chose to make my view known in one of the other threads: http://www.usmessageboard.com/afric...-hostages-held-since-october.html#post4715346
How long will it be before CON$ credit Bush's torture for for the intel that made the raid a success?

Now, if the Seals had failed in their rescue attempt, whose ass would CON$ blame, the Seals' or Obama's? Three guesses and the first two don't count!

How long will it be before CON$ credit Bush's torture for for the intel that made the raid a success?
How long before some leftist retard blames Bush for the existence of the pirates?

Now, if the Seals had failed in their rescue attempt, whose ass would CON$ blame, the Seals' or Obama's? Three guesses and the first two don't count!
Who are these "CON$" of which you constantly babble?

Well, that dodge is probably as close as a dishonest CON$ervative will ever come to admitting that if the mission had failed they would blame Obama rather than the Seals.

Well, that dodge is probably as close as a dishonest CON$ervative will ever come to admitting that if the mission had failed they would blame Obama rather than the Seals.
Ahhh, I see your problem - one of them, anyway.

If you don't get an answer you like, you make one up.

Well, you can't be a leftist without an astounding capacity for self-deception.

Where you lunacy fails is that I support the military no matter who's President.

You and Synthia? Not so much.

Where you lunacy fails is that I support the military no matter who's President.

You didn't give an answer, you asked a question. You are too stupid to know the difference between a question and an answer.

You didn't give an answer, you asked a question. You are too stupid to know the difference between a question and an answer.
I've given you an answer.

You haven't given me one.

Forum List

Back