U.S. Leapfrogs Singapore, Hong Kong to Win World’s Most Competitive Economy

dcbl

Good guys wear white hats
Aug 23, 2011
Bham, AL
I am starting to have a hard time keeping up with all this winning...

tenor.gif

quote:
The U.S. dethroned Hong Kong to retake first place among the world’s most competitive economies, thanks to faster economic growth and a supportive atmosphere for scientific and technological innovation, according to annual rankings by the Switzerland-based IMD World Competitiveness Center.

Last edited:

tenor.gif

quote:
The U.S. dethroned Hong Kong to retake first place among the world’s most competitive economies, thanks to faster economic growth and a supportive atmosphere for scientific and technological innovation, according to annual rankings by the Switzerland-based IMD World Competitiveness Center.

So, just wondering...when we were number one in 2015 and before, were you singing the praises of Obama like you are now for Trump?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

tenor.gif

quote:
favorable trends. wait until our trade wars and price inflation for fuel, catch up with us.

but it is still great news for Trump and big news

this should be unpossibe, because I was told that Trump would ruin the economy

I will bet you a beer that we drop again next year. The economy has been stagnant for the last 5 months.

I will bet you a beer that we drop again next year. The economy has been stagnant for the last 5 months.

lol - no

we may drop, but I would take the bet if it is we don't drop lower than 3

I screwed up in my 1st response; but the larger point, that Trump has not damaged the economy, stands

I think you will really enjoy my next thread about leftists bitching about full employment and rising wages :)

eta - and I disagree that the economy is stagnant

lol - no

we may drop, but I would take the bet if it is we don't drop lower than 3

I screwed up in my 1st response; but the larger point, that Trump has not damaged the economy, stands

I think you will really enjoy my next thread about leftists bitching about full employment and rising wages :)

eta - and I disagree that the economy is stagnant

The economy did great his first year as hope and optimism gave way to a booming market and good job creation.

Then Trump went from golfing and holding pep rallies to making decisions and the economy slammed on the brakes.

America's median income has barely shifted in the last 50 years.

in Singapore and South Korea, incomes have either overtaken or are level with America.

in India, they still languish at less than a tenth of the American average.

if you chart a global economic map, the centre of gravity is found somewhere in the mid-Atlantic, according to Singaporean economist Danny Quah.

the point has now shifted eastwards to Iran.

over the coming decade it will settle at point somewhere between China and India, in the Himalayas.

from the middle of the atlantic to the roof of the world in 50 years...our generation is present at the re-creation!

Forum List

Back