U.S. in recession since December of 07

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Chris, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Chris

Chris Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,089
  2. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,211
    Remember all the Republicans arguing with us for months/years that we were not in a recession?

This is why I hate Republicans.

Rather than admit we have a problem and work on fixing it, we wasted 8 fucking years arguing with liars.

And we are still arguing with these liars over global warming and the war in Iraq.

Hell, they actually still think they have something to contribute as far as the economy goes. I can't wait until Jan 20th when the GOP no longer have a voice in Government. Other than Gates that is.

3. Chris

Chris Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,089
    I remember when they used to think Bush was a good president. No one argues that anymore.

4. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,434
    It's official: U.S. in a recession since December 2007 - Dec. 1, 2008

5. busara

busara wanasiasa wapumbava

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +87
    i specifically remember allie saying there was 'absolutely no evidence of a recession.' she even made her own thread about it.

6. rayboyusmc

rayboyusmc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +338
    I think Allie meant "secession":eusa_whistle:

7. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,211
    First, they used "fuzzy math" in their numbers.

For example, they use Haloburton/Blackwater jobs in their data. So that might show jobs/corporate profits, but the flip side of that is that those are government welfare jobs and those jobs are bankrupting the treasury.

They also said wages were up. Sure, if you add in the fact that CEO's went from $1 million salary a year to $20 million.

Second, they pretend to not know that if it wern't for that last economic stimulous package, without a doubt we would be in a recession. Because consumer spending plays a big part in determining if we are or are not in a recession. And even with all that money, we only showed very modest progress in that quarter.

So if they were arguing technicalities with us, then next time they should let us know. The same way McCain should have let us know that he meant us American workers when he said the FUNDAMENTALS of our economy were strong. We all know he didn't mean that, just like Allie wasn't arguing technicalities.

I work with a girl who is just like Allie. I asked her recently if we were in a recession and she said yes. I was hoping she didn't get the memo that the gig is up. :lol:

8. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    I knew this was going to happen! When the Democrats took control of Congress in January of 2007, I said that the US was going to be in a recession in less than a year.

9. Kevin_Kennedy

Kevin_Kennedy Defend Liberty

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,027
    A stimulus package does not help. It requires the government to borrow or print the money needed for it, which only adds to the problem.

10. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,211
    Yea, you guys said that about Clinton too.

Well we can show you exactly what the GOP did for the past 8 years that led us to this recession and all you can do is say Clinton and Freddy/Fanny did it.

Now it was the Pelosi/Reed Congress? Tell us how they crashed the global market in less than 2 years. Provide links.

They had a one person majority. Anything that passed, which wasn't much, Bush veto'ed.

That's the benefit of having a second term President. He doesn't care if he looks like the bad guy.

Look up RECORD AMOUNT of VETO's from the GOP.

And remember, between 2000-2006, the GOP considered the Nuclear Option. Now that they are the minority, they have used the filabuster more than the Dems did in all 8 years.

Explaining anything to a moron like you is a waste of time.