U.S. Economy Adds 1.8 Million Jobs in July, Unemployment Rate Fall to 10.2%

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
Trump is such a sneaky little doofus! Making people work, making teachers teach!

What does he want, America back to work or sumpin? What an exploitative Capitalist he is!

I am channeling my inner Democrat here, give me a break!

The U.S. economy added 1.8 million jobs in July and the unemployment rate fell to 10.2 percent, providing reassurance that the labor market has kept up some of its post-lockdown momentum.
The numbers were better than anticipated. Economists had forecast an addition of around 1.5 million jobs and a decline in the unemployment rate to 10.6 percent from 11.1 percent last week.

Huh?

By Dan Burns

(Reuters) - The gap in the U.S. jobless rate between whites and Blacks widened for a third straight month in July, making the gulf between the races the widest in more than five years, Labor Department data released on Friday showed.

The rate for both races fell in July, but the rate for whites dropped more, by 0.9 percentage point to 9.2%. The rate for Blacks dropped by 0.8 percentage point to 14.6%, widening the gap to 5.4 points.

The average unemployment rate for all demographic groups fell by 0.9 percentage points to 10.2% from 11.1%.

Black vs white unemployment https://fingfx.thomsonreuters.com/gfx/mkt/xlbvgbxrjpq/Pasted image 1596806054724.png

Forum List

Back