U.S. Army to purchase .50 caliber long-range sniper rifles

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
latest

1,800 meter range with a 10 round clip. Been in use since 1989. I guess the Army’s happy with its effectivity and lasting power. The contract is only worth a mere $7.9 million, peanuts by DOD standards.

More @ U.S. Army to purchase .50 caliber long-range sniper rifles

latest

1,800 meter range with a 10 round clip. Been in use since 1989. I guess the Army’s happy with its effectivity and lasting power. The contract is only worth a mere $7.9 million, peanuts by DOD standards.

Gander Mountain has those for sale, around $9,000. My son asked me what those would be used for... I replied" Squirrels, very big squirrels, that burn cities and punch women"..

U.S. made Barrett stuff is good but will the U.S. try to match the weapons with foreign made optics? You almost gotta laugh when the Clinton's decided that every Soldier should wear a beret and purchased the hats from China.

A lot of the Army guys I know of don't like 'em...Loud report and shock wave gives away your position....30 cal kills people just as dead and is superior for concealment.
Yeah, but one well placed shot into a crowd of thugs burning a city, and like roaches, they scatter like bitches...

U.S. made Barrett stuff is good but will the U.S. try to match the weapons with foreign made optics? You almost gotta laugh when the Clinton's decided that every Soldier should wear a beret and purchased the hats from China.
Clinton approved of the Pentagon's request for all soldiers to wear beret's, but when American manufacturers could not produce enough of them it was during the Bush administration in May 2001 that approved a Chinese contract.

latest

That's probably a little overkill for what I think of as sniper work. Then again maybe they're behind a bit of something or wearing a motorcycle helmet.

You didn't just post this to bring out the board members who fantasize about shooting into mobs of people so their IP's could be marked, did you?

Its a 10 round...

MAGAZINE!!

Not a "clip".

Hate that.....
Tsk, tsk...what political incorrectness!
And some people talk about "grammar Nazis"!

Us Older Guys still use the term Clip and the younger pukes use that to feel superior. If they ever had to reload a SKS, they would be dead long before their tiny brains would figure out how to reload it. Or trying to figure out how to reload a trapdoor bolt action. Actually, there are Clips to easily and fast reload mags. So I'll still continue to use the term Clips whether it's a clip or a mag and let the weaker minded PC Nazis keep commenting.

Seems excessive that it costs as much as a small car. Also, it's heavy and cumbersome for scooting after shooting.

"Reach out, reach out and torch someone.
Reach out, reach out and just say, "die!"
Wherever they are they're never too far.
You can go and take their life away!"

Its a 10 round...

MAGAZINE!!

Not a "clip".

Hate that.....
Tsk, tsk...what political incorrectness!
And some people talk about "grammar Nazis"!

Us Older Guys still use the term Clip and the younger pukes use that to feel superior. If they ever had to reload a SKS, they would be dead long before their tiny brains would figure out how to reload it. Or trying to figure out how to reload a trapdoor bolt action. Actually, there are Clips to easily and fast reload mags. So I'll still continue to use the term Clips whether it's a clip or a mag and let the weaker minded PC Nazis keep commenting.

My first rifle was a .22long with a clip.I then had a good old M-1 with a CLIP and later a M-14 with a magazine.

Forum List

Back