U.S. Approves Targeted Killing of American Cleric

apparently they don't believe it is illegal

look at the one lib in this thread, socksi, he is doign anything to defend the legality of this....i really dont' believe most liberals have a problem with this because obama said its ok....and that is all that matters to them

And you are only against it because Obama approved it.

why do you lie? i haven't actually given my opinion on this and if i did, it would have nothign to do with my opinion of obama....you on the other hand, are doing everything you can to defend it solely because of obama....when it was about the trials, you toed obama's party line, now, you're doing it again

What did I say about trials?

I defend this current decision because I would like to see every highly ranking al Qaeda member eliminated.

You do not?

...when it was about the trials, you toed obama's party line, now, you're doing it again

Oh!!!

Were you referring to this post?

since this has been roundly ignored, it needs its own thread....

KSM Won't Walk Free Even If Found Not Guilty

Attorney General Eric Holder acknowledged on Wednesday a previously unspoken proviso to the controversial decision to try alleged 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and four co-conspirators in a federal court in New York: even if the defendants are somehow acquitted, they will still stay behind bars.

'Heads I Win, Tails You Lose': In 9/11 Case, KSM Won't Walk Free Even If Found Not Guilty - Declassified Blog - Newsweek.com

What the fuck is this stupid shit?

So, does he want to try these guys in court just to give the courts practice? What a waste of money and energy!

Unless they want to use these terrorist courts as a practice court for law schools. It might be good practice for the young trial lawyers in training.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/95740-ksm-wont-walk-free-even-if-found-not-guilty.html#post1745680

Yeah...I was "toeing the line"

Why don't we declare open season on the foreign ones?

Oh, because that might offend them.

But an AMERICAN, by golly, torture, kill, whatever, who cares. He's just an American. There are already too many.

As i said in another thread, Kill the bastard if we get a chance.

It is almost funny to see the left agreeing with the great Obama on this though.....

U.S. Approves Targeted Killing of American Cleric

WASHINGTON — The Obama administration has taken the extraordinary step of authorizing the targeted killing of an American citizen, the radical Muslim cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, who is believed to have shifted from encouraging attacks on the United States to directly participating in them, intelligence and counterterrorism officials said Tuesday.

It is extremely rare, if not unprecedented, for an American to be approved for targeted killing, officials said. A former senior legal official in the administration of George W. Bush said he did not know of any American who was approved for targeted killing under the former president.

U.S. Approves Targeted Killing of American Cleric - NYTimes.com

what about jury trials now? due process? etc....

Treason - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

duh

As i said in another thread, Kill the bastard if we get a chance.

It is almost funny to see the left agreeing with the great Obama on this though.....

Obama probably doesn't want him to talk.

What a supreme pig he is.

...when it was about the trials, you toed obama's party line, now, you're doing it again

Oh!!!

Were you referring to this post?

since this has been roundly ignored, it needs its own thread....

KSM Won't Walk Free Even If Found Not Guilty

Attorney General Eric Holder acknowledged on Wednesday a previously unspoken proviso to the controversial decision to try alleged 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and four co-conspirators in a federal court in New York: even if the defendants are somehow acquitted, they will still stay behind bars.

'Heads I Win, Tails You Lose': In 9/11 Case, KSM Won't Walk Free Even If Found Not Guilty - Declassified Blog - Newsweek.com

What the fuck is this stupid shit?

So, does he want to try these guys in court just to give the courts practice? What a waste of money and energy!

Unless they want to use these terrorist courts as a practice court for law schools. It might be good practice for the young trial lawyers in training.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/95740-ksm-wont-walk-free-even-if-found-not-guilty.html#post1745680

Yeah...I was "toeing the line"

you were against it, my bad, i had you confused with someone else....now, let's see you be honest and take back your statement in this thread....

the problem i have with this is, all of this is based on belief....not proof or evidence, if there is solid evidence of his alleged activities, fine, take him down....

i just don't understand obama's stance on this and his stance on the other cases and him saying he wants to bring people to justice in our courts....i am not surprised by the overwhelming hypocrisy on most dems about this though, their silence is deafening

\you were against it, my bad, i had you confused with someone else....now, let's see you be honest and take back your statement in this thread....

I apologize for making an assumption that you were against this decision.

I really don't see how anyone could be against this decision...unless they were an individual who prefers America to be less safe.

the problem i have with this is, all of this is based on belief....not proof or evidence, if there is solid evidence of his alleged activities, fine, take him down....

One other thing...would you like to personally review this evidence prior to carrying out this plan? Or would you like the evidence to be broadcast in the media so that we call might review it?

I'm against the decision. Has this guy been caught on a battlefield? He's an American citizen. If he is found to be a traitor, revoke citizenship and then feel free to do what's necessary to protect the country.

But unless he is actually caught on the battlefield or his citizenship is revoked, I think it's very bad precedence to target citizens for assassination no matter how dispicable.

What's to stop the administration from targeting say Glenn Beck or Rush Limbaugh for assassination? Or are you honestly telling me they dont find them just as big, if not a bigger threat to them than Al Qaeda?

One other thing...would you like to personally review this evidence prior to carrying out this plan? Or would you like the evidence to be broadcast in the media so that we call might review it?

i would like them to say it is more than just a belief...we have strong evidence etc...we have proof etc...and he presents an imminent threat to the united states of america....as POTUS, that is his responsibility and if he is wrong, then history will judge him like many do about bush and iraq

I'm against the decision. Has this guy been caught on a battlefield? He's an American citizen. If he is found to be a traitor, revoke citizenship and then feel free to do what's necessary to protect the country.

But unless he is actually caught on the battlefield or his citizenship is revoked, I think it's very bad precedence to target citizens for assassination no matter how dispicable.

What's to stop the administration from targeting say Glenn Beck or Rush Limbaugh for assassination? Or are you honestly telling me they dont find them just as big, if not a bigger threat to them than Al Qaeda?

so if he is a non citizen, assassination is ok?

Id actually prefer they werent announcing assasination attempts to the media. It seems rather counter intuitive to tell the people we want to kill that we want to kill them.

But i still dont want them assasinating a citizen unless citizenship is revoked.

Still not thrilled with the idea, but it doesnt violate the Constitution.

Don't some of you folks find it just a wee bit odd that Obama doesn't shrink from setting a drone on an American citizen, but if we were to apprehend him instead... Obama would prevent us from aggressively questioning him? :eusa_whistle:

The guy's a colossal hypocrite. Don't get me wrong... it's the right call to make, and I approve of it. But it also highlights the political farce we've been subjected to for the last couple of years.

National Security is HARD. :lol:

Still not thrilled with the idea, but it doesnt violate the Constitution.

the constitution only applies to citizens?

Id actually prefer they werent announcing assasination attempts to the media. It seems rather counter intuitive to tell the people we want to kill that we want to kill them.

But i still dont want them assasinating a citizen unless citizenship is revoked.

Maybe they leaked this to the media so he would go deeper into hiding? Who knows?

Don't some of you folks find it just a wee bit odd that Obama doesn't shrink from setting a drone on an American citizen, but if we were to apprehend him instead... Obama would prevent us from aggressively questioning him? :eusa_whistle:

The guy's a colossal hypocrite. Don't get me wrong... it's the right call to make, and I approve of it. But it also highlights the political farce we've been subjected to for the last couple of years.

National Security is HARD. :lol:

I do find the first part of that odd. In fact, I don't believe it.

The second part? Yup - that's the way our criminal justice system works.

Forum List

Back