U.S 9th Circuit Court rules in favor of Nader, case may go to Supreme Court

Laine

Apr 10, 2008
The U.S 9th Circuit Court of Appeals sided with Ralph Nader in a dispute about Arizona's early ballot access deadline. The 9th Circuit rejected the arguement by Arizona Secretary of State that the early deadline was needed to print ballots for the November election and in addition they sided with Nader that anyone should be allowed to circle petitions rather than the current law which states that only Arizona residents can.

This is an amazing victory for independents every where and could lead to a much larger nation wide victory because the Arizona Secretary of State is hoping to appeal this to the U.S Supreme Court. If this makes it to the Supreme Court and they rule in Nader's favor then this could have huge ramifications as it would set the stage to strike down bias and restrictive ballot access regulations in every state.

I tip my hat to Mr. Nader and my respect has grown ten fold even from where it was. This man has set the stage to make ballot access easier for those of us outside the two party system and if we can win in the Supreme Court then it will open our democracy to more choices in the future. Shame on those who claim Mr. Nader is in the race only to feed his ego for if he wins here then ballot access will be far easier for all independents and third parties for generations to come and thus our democracy will be more genuine.

http://www.yumasun.com/news/court_42.../run_door.html

LOL you are pathetic. Should Nader win in the Supreme Court we will reap the rewards for generations. Nader can be a megalomaniac all he wants if it leads to more victories like this one.

With the form of 'democracy' people like you support we are only one step away from the former Soviet Union. In the end if this case makes it to the Supreme Court and Nader wins then our democracy will be open and more true and anyone who stands in the way of that is nothing but a sychophant to a restricted view of what democracy is.

Last edited:
Nader is a megalomaniac who should have stuck to protecting consumers.

Except this particular item IS worthwhile. I do not personally like the idea of lots of parties, as it muddies an already difficult government, BUT this is supposed to be a Representative Republic and at the NAtional Level there should NOT be road blocks designed to PREVENT people from running for National Office.

Forum List

Back