TYRANNY: White House Plans Crackdown on "Unregulated Speech"

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Okay. Lefties will scream this is fear mongering – without reading the article or providing rational discussion. But, the article makes a whole lot of sense to me. We already see it with the White House the least open in decades – despite Obama's campaign promises. They plan to “regulate” the internet – another step to limited our First Amendment Rights.

Read the rest of it @ Doug Ross Journal TYRANNY White House Plans Crackdown on Unregulated Speech

Okay. Lefties will scream this is fear mongering – without reading the article or providing rational discussion. But, the article makes a whole lot of sense to me. We already see it with the White House the least open in decades – despite Obama's campaign promises. They plan to “regulate” the internet – another step to limited our First Amendment Rights.

Read the rest of it @ Doug Ross Journal TYRANNY White House Plans Crackdown on Unregulated Speech

And by 'regulate the internet', you mean keep net neutrality the way it is right now?

And by 'regulate the internet', you mean keep net neutrality the way it is right now?

No - I mean the effort by Obama and his horde of minions to have government control it!

No - I mean the effort by Obama and his horde of minions to have government control it!
Can you explain that? How exactly will Obama control the internet?

The same way China controls their internet.

You see, we have decades of Progressive/Communist regimes and tyrannies around the globe that we can examine to see your end-game.

I did read it. I saw a lot of melodramatic hyperbole about tyranny but am still unclear how whatever Obama urged the FCC to do means he will control the internet. Can you explain please?

So Obama urged the FCC to set up a huge firewall to filter out content from outside the country that is deemed politically unfavorable, and wants to hire tends of thousands of internet censors to watch twitter/youtube/facebook/whatever?

You have a link to that? I didn't even see that in Longknife's tyranny rant-guy.

So Obama urged the FCC to set up a huge firewall to filter out content from outside the country that is deemed politically unfavorable, and wants to hire tends of thousands of internet censors to watch twitter/youtube/facebook/whatever?

You have a link to that? I didn't even see that in Longknife's tyranny rant-guy.

Oh, I'm sure Obama loves us, and is doing this for our own good! Gruber even says so!

I did read it. I saw a lot of melodramatic hyperbole about tyranny but am still unclear how whatever Obama urged the FCC to do means he will control the internet. Can you explain please?

First of all, I am not techie enough to understand all the ins and outs of the internet.

What I DO know is that, at this time, there is no censorship by American government agencies over what I and others can access or say on the internet. It is that very thing that makes me shudder at the thought of government having any form of control whatsoever of when, where, how I connect or what I read or write on the net.

It is striking that in this day, the Information Age, that so many people have no clue what Net Neutrality entails. This is an issue we should all be supporting but sadly far too many have elected the route of petty partisan nonsense. The article in the OP is nothing more than overly dramatic claptrap.

Can you explain that? How exactly will Obama control the internet?

Did you even bother to read the OP?

Yes, it's nothing but nonsense.

It cites an anonymous source who claimed to be a DHS insider and predicted that the US would essentially collapse in the spring of 2013.

Since that never happened, it's pretty hard to take any of those predictions seriously.

First of all, I am not techie enough to understand all the ins and outs of the internet.

What I DO know is that, at this time, there is no censorship by American government agencies over what I and others can access or say on the internet. It is that very thing that makes me shudder at the thought of government having any form of control whatsoever of when, where, how I connect or what I read or write on the net.
So what part of Obama's recommendation was to initiate censorship or limited your access to the internet?

You started the thread, I'd be curious how you believe his statement impacts you in this manner.

Oh, I'm sure Obama loves us, and is doing this for our own good! Gruber even says so!
That doesn't answer the question.

You said like China, support you statement. Where did Obama say we'd hire tens of thousands of monitors to censor posts on twitter, facebook (or USMB) and block content from other countries deemed politically unfavorable.

Whether Obama loves us isn't relevant to supporting your argument.

That is correct, apparently nobody in this thread complaining about Obama's stance is capable of either explaining or supporting the rhetoric they have regurgitated.

This is quite typical of partisan hacks, it is all about supporting the team instead of actually understanding an issue well enough to take a reasonable stance for or against it.

Forum List

Back