"Typical White person"

Am I mellowing?

Damnit.

Whatever happened to my rebellious streak??? :rofl:

Excuse me for a moment, I need to find my 1960s Dictionary of Outrageous Expressions and Ideas Guaranteed to Upset the Establishment.

Wait a minute, some mongrel stole it!

Bloody Abbie Hoffman! Thieving Yippies nicked it :D

To my way of thinking, some of us do. On the other hand, and this is where I disagree with Obama, "some of us" isn't "typical".

And therein lies the offense. I guess white people don't like to be stereotyped any more than black people do. It could annoy people that have supported, rightly or wrongly, programs they see as leveling the playing field like affirmative action, etc.

And yet it's true of "many" white or black people in our country.

They would cross the street if they saw a group of those "others" in their path. We do see race.

"Typical" was a very poor choice of words. Even if the context is true, it will be seized on and beat to death. They don't have any real shit to attack, so let's use this.

What about McCain's confusing Shiites for Sunnis? Where's the worry about a senile person being president? Oh, I forgot........been there. How about Pastor Hayden remarks about the Catholic Whore Church? What about Rush's "Barack the Magic Negro?"

The bottom line is there are a lot of folks who are against Obama simply because he is black.

How many more of the "Blackhouse" cartoons with a group of Blacks in African attire will we see as the race progresses. How many more Hussein remarks?

Some Americans only believe in a Whitehouse.

I must admit that I don't understand how you can refer to the woman who raised you, who diapered you, you cared for you when you were sick as a "typical white person." It is confusing. Maybe a "dear white person" would have been easier to grasp.

I would have to ask what a "nontypcial white person" is. Obama, quite unintentially, is flaming the race fire he is trying to extinguish.

LEAVE IT ALONE BRO!

I must admit that I don't understand how you can refer to the woman who raised you, who diapered you, you cared for you when you were sick as a "typical white person." It is confusing. Maybe a "dear white person" would have been easier to grasp.

I would have to ask what a "nontypcial white person" is. Obama, quite unintentially, is flaming the race fire he is trying to extinguish.

LEAVE IT ALONE BRO!

To think it 'unintentional' one would have to assume Obama is a fool. I don't think he is, I think he was trying to wake up the guilt and to some extent, at least through reading some of the 'crying' writing from the left, has succeeded somewhat. He's also awakened a great deal of cynicism from both the right and left.

And yet it's true of "many" white or black people in our country.

They would cross the street if they saw a group of those "others" in their path. We do see race.

"Typical" was a very poor choice of words. Even if the context is true, it will be seized on and beat to death. They don't have any real shit to attack, so let's use this.

What about McCain's confusing Shiites for Sunnis? Where's the worry about a senile person being president? Oh, I forgot........been there. How about Pastor Hayden remarks about the Catholic Whore Church? What about Rush's "Barack the Magic Negro?"

The bottom line is there are a lot of folks who are against Obama simply because he is black.

How many more of the "Blackhouse" cartoons with a group of Blacks in African attire will we see as the race progresses. How many more Hussein remarks?

Some Americans only believe in a Whitehouse.

I heard Obama's speech the other day described as brave and risky and in a lot of glowing terms. I personally don't think there's anything brave or risky about a speech that was made for damage control.

If Obama wants to make a brave and risky speech he'll get up and say, guess what folks, black people can stereotype too--as I myself learned yesterday. And go on with some yada, yada, let's all learn from each other stuff. THAT would be impressive.

A typical white person:
is exposed to a great deal of media.

A typical black person is also exposed to a great deal of media.

A typical black person is aware of racism.

A typical white person feels the effects of racism (or is aware) less due to the power/privilege/media exposure in society that reinforces certain ideas.

These are not racist comments exactly, they are comments about situations people are exposed to, not some inherent genetic proclivity.

Perhaps Mr. Obama was referring to how people react when exposed to stimuli they have been trained to react to - as opposed to classifying all white people as acting the same by virtue of their genetic code?

LMFAO!

Can Bush lovers get any more desperate to try to not make this election about Iraq and the Economy?

The typical white male likes beer and football.

The typicall female likes to shop for shoes.

The typical african american likes soul and/or rap music.

That ain't "racist" you idiots.

What about McCain's confusing Shiites for Sunnis?

This is like the 15th time Gayboyusmc has thrown this out there...

The reason why no one bites on this bullshit Gayboy is because you cant compare a slip of the tongue by one of the most informed people on the middle east with a 20 year history of active racist hatred against American whites...

Give it a rest...

You look silly....

I am a typical white person with an immigrant mentatality according to Barack Hussain Obama. My lifes experiences have shown the good and the bad in all forms of people including myself. I have seen good neighborhoods get the cancer of crime and decline. White flight it was called. Simply moving to a better address didn't make YOU a better person. The culture or as they call it "the black culture " failed its people by valuing only material things and not intangible cultural aspects that provide success.The bitterness that was learned by Obamas pastor for HIS lifes experience is explainable but NOT that of his own grandmothers. Racism is NOT one way MR Obama . In my belief racism is acting on the stereotypes and prejudices one holds. Certaintly teaching or even worse PREACHING hatred is what our islamic enemies are doing . Having private talks inside homes and discussing views and stereo types is wide spread black and white alike. Acting out to proliferate hatred and resentment is what the members of the KKK were accused of. Is it OK for blacks to say what they want publicly about whites without penalty? Obamas keen observations in his well prepared and intended speach did more to hurt race relations than help. I work with people of all races and backgrounds that earn the same pay as me. They still harbor ill feelings about my whiteness and use the crutch of racism to explain away their feelings of inadequacy. No I did not have to live the pain of racial hatred but when will the minorities move on. I have only the precieved advantage of my whiteness of cource unless I'm trying out for a sports team. If you want a good civil war of 2009 lets talk about reparations. as far as sunnis and shiites you have to live it to recognize it. remember boznia Hertzgovina and all the different factions in that war whewww!!! it was over before I figured it out. but If I lived it YOU bet I'd know the difference. not an excuse just a whole different animal IMO

The only relevant question is: What are "typical" specifics about white people, and can enough white people even be typecast within these specifics to consider them to the point of being "typical" to an entire race?

The only relevant question is: What are "typical" specifics about white people, and can enough white people even be typecast within these specifics to consider them to the point of being "typical" to an entire race?

We like mayonaise?

Yeah so? I'm white, and I can dance.

There are always exceptions.

You're proving my point.

You can't lump an entire race into anything specific enough to warrant using the word "typical".

I don't normally get involved in arguing race very much, but I'm also a little pissed about Obama getting away with an obvious double-standard here.

Gunny's right. If a white person said the opposite, the gates of hell would open, the NAACP would be lobbying for the person's job removal, they'd be smeered like hot dog shit in the media for weeks.

Ask and ye shall receive. :rofl: :rofl:

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.wordpress.com/

#84 T-Shirts

March 7, 2008 by clander

Many people and cultures view t-shirts as a simple piece of apparel that can be acquired cheaply and worn in casual situations. For white people, it’s never that easy. The t-shirt is one of the most complex and expressive items in their entire wardrobe.

Your choice of casualwear says a lot about you, and there are stringent rules and hierarchies associated with T-shirts that you must know before venturing into any white-dominated social situations.

T-shirts fall into three categories: vintage, new, and unacceptable, with the latter category compromising the bulk of the world’s supply. Within each category lies another, more precise subset of rules and rankings. Make no mistake, this is complicated....

Yeah I read some of that yesterday. I laughed at it just as much as the black one.

While some were spot on, others were pretty stupid.

I could be wrong, but seems to me to be mostly satire.

I could be wrong, but seems to me to be mostly satire.

Well, some of the points made were pretty good, but it isn't fair to categorize any of them as being "typical" of white people.

Which for me, begs the question, what is Obama's idea of a "typical white person"?

Forum List

Back