"Typical White person"

Thanks tigerbob. I am definitely at a disadvantage here, not knowing the context but that certainly does add to it for me.

I think though, that I can say that if the remark is examined out of context that much mischief can be made of it. Of course that suits Obama's critics and works for the bubbleheads in the media that want to grab a phrase and re-work it so that it fits their own ideological and political agenda.

WTF happened to critical thinking????

Ask that when you examine why if a white man said that phrase and reason for that phrase about blacks they would be crucified, fired and accussed of racism as fast as the words were said.

I must admit that I don't understand how you can refer to the woman who raised you, who diapered you, you cared for you when you were sick as a "typical white person." It is confusing. Maybe a "dear white person" would have been easier to grasp.

I would have to ask what a "nontypcial white person" is. Obama, quite unintentially, is flaming the race fire he is trying to extinguish.

LEAVE IT ALONE BRO!

Unintentional my ass. He is USING it to try and get elected. He knows he gets votes from white guilty.

Let it be known from this point forward that GunnyL does indeed believe that two wrongs make a right. :rofl:

That's about an ignorant conclusion to come to considering nothing I stated bears it out.

Perhaps we should let it be known from this point forward that you think it's just fine and dandy to talk out both sides of your mouth as it suits your agenda?

The simple fact of the matter that appears to be a bit beyond your steeltrap mind is that if one believes it is wrong for one to do it, then one should aslo believe it is wrong for EVERYONE. Right? As in, having the same standard?

And yet it's true of "many" white or black people in our country.

They would cross the street if they saw a group of those "others" in their path. We do see race.

"Typical" was a very poor choice of words. Even if the context is true, it will be seized on and beat to death. They don't have any real shit to attack, so let's use this.

What about McCain's confusing Shiites for Sunnis? Where's the worry about a senile person being president? Oh, I forgot........been there. How about Pastor Hayden remarks about the Catholic Whore Church? What about Rush's "Barack the Magic Negro?"

The bottom line is there are a lot of folks who are against Obama simply because he is black.

How many more of the "Blackhouse" cartoons with a group of Blacks in African attire will we see as the race progresses. How many more Hussein remarks?

Some Americans only believe in a Whitehouse.

Right. Obama ACTUALLY said it. That would make it more real than 90% of the bullshit you post about Bush.

Being for or against Obama is irrelevant. Why aren't you holding him to the same PC standard Trent Lott got held to? Y'all made such a big deal the GOP caved and forced him to resign his leadership position.

Your guy does it and not a whimper.

A typical white person:
is exposed to a great deal of media.

A typical black person is also exposed to a great deal of media.

A typical black person is aware of racism.

A typical white person feels the effects of racism (or is aware) less due to the power/privilege/media exposure in society that reinforces certain ideas.

These are not racist comments exactly, they are comments about situations people are exposed to, not some inherent genetic proclivity.

Perhaps Mr. Obama was referring to how people react when exposed to stimuli they have been trained to react to - as opposed to classifying all white people as acting the same by virtue of their genetic code?

What bullshit.:rolleyes:

LMFAO!

Can Bush lovers get any more desperate to try to not make this election about Iraq and the Economy?

The typical white male likes beer and football.

The typicall female likes to shop for shoes.

The typical african american likes soul and/or rap music.

That ain't "racist" you idiots.

You can't even address the topic ... as usual ... yet you have the nerve to call anyone an idiot?

Troll.

Have you taken a look at the fox news link I posted above, Gunny?

Have you taken a look at the fox news link I posted above, Gunny?

That's not a Fox News link. It's a link to the Retard from Hell's site. I read it. Now look at my responses above. This isn't about Obama specifically to me, and I could care less about bashing him. It's about he double standard the PC displays on the issue.

The context doesn't matter. Did it matter when Lott said what he said; which, was nothing? No it didn't. He was hounded out of his position. What happened on this very board when it was found out some racist contributed to Ron Paul's campaign? Did context matter? Nope. Not a bit. Paultics got jumped on like a bad habit.

Obama says something that had a white person said it their career would have been ended at that very second, and everybody's apologizing for him and explaining context.

Guess it's nice to be him, huh?

I want to jump in here and object to the stereotyping of people "crossing the street" if they see a group or people of another race.

This is like an urban legend. Go to LA, go to Seattle, go to France and go to my little podunk town and you will not see it happening.

It's just a trite, untrue and divisive myth that people like to trot out when they want to reinforce the idea that most whites are racists and afraid of people with different colored skin.

I have no problem walking right through a group of Indians, getting into an elevator with a bunch of black guys, or saying "excuse me" to Hispanics hanging out in front of DariMart, and I haven't seen any evidence that the majority (or really, anyone else) has a problem with it, either.

And, as long as we're on the subject, I don't cross the street when I see a bunch of punky skateboarders acting tough, either. I think they may be more scary to old white folks than the others.

It's just more divisive and essentially untrue crap that the left likes to spout.

But let's not confuse crossing the street because somebody is a different color with the very understandable act of crossing the street because a group of obnoxious jerks look and act like gang members. Which has nothing to do with color and everything to do with behavior and representing. It's reasonable to cross the street when you see a bunch of tattooed, regimental guys with colors flying, and it's not a sign of racism.

It's just a trite, untrue and divisive myth that people like to trot out when they want to reinforce the idea that most whites are racists and afraid of people with different colored skin.

And what is your statement, Ali. I don't remember saying or reading here that "most" whites are racist. I believe I have stated that racism exists on both sides. But without power, racism is only an attitude, with power, racism can become a policy.

Are you are saying that racism is not a factor in this country?

I'm saying the "crossing the road" scenario is a weak, stupid, and untrue scenario meant to perpetuate the race card.

Which I think is what I said. Generally, what I mean is exactly what I say.

[unselfconscious and openly honest] Midcan, 'And what about your mom?'

My mom is a typical white person, you know, proud of her Austrian heritage, first generation American, a daily churchgoer, she'd give you the shirt off her back if you needed it. Raised us with positive values of giving back something, of working hard.

And yours, may I ask?

If someone asked me about my mom, it would never cross my mind to say, "she's a typical white mom."

There is no such thing, just as there's no such thing as a typical black mom.

You're a mom or you're not a mom.

If someone asked me about my mom, it would never cross my mind to say, "she's a typical white mom."

Are you Black? There is a divide in this country as members of this board demonstrate daily. Again this is just a distraction from key issues, would you look at Bush's inane ramblings this closely?

Forum List

Back