Two weeks, or why I hate my life....

Againsheila

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2008
Federal Way WA
Why do I hate my life?

#1) I wake up every morning to the smell of urine and bowel. I then get to bathe my 22 year old son and clean the up along with washing his bedding.

#2) Refer to #1

#3) while I have a caregiver coming in to help me daily I would really like to take a 2 week vacation somewhere with my husband. Of course, we get no respite care. We were put on the waiting list when he was in 2nd grade. He got to the top of the list when he was in the adult family home which they closed down last September (man I loved those 9 months). Now he's at the bottom of the waiting list again. Even if we were to get respite care, it would be for a day or two, not two weeks. I saw a two week Alaskan cruise. I would love to take that....so, if any of you know any wealthy people who would like to share, I would love to have a babysitter for two whole weeks. Yes, I know, I could pay for the babysitter for the price of the cruise, but then, well, we don't have money for the cruise, not that we really have money for the cruise anyway, but a person can dream.

So, let's clarify: I hate my life and I get no vacation time. <sigh>

so, just in case you haven't gotten my hint: VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT

and one more time VENT

They should really start something where caregivers donate some of their time. I am a caregiver, and yes we don't make much but I would be willing to donate a few days for someone like you who needs a vacation.

Why do I hate my life?

#1) I wake up every morning to the smell of urine and bowel. I then get to bathe my 22 year old son and clean the up along with washing his bedding.

#2) Refer to #1

#3) while I have a caregiver coming in to help me daily I would really like to take a 2 week vacation somewhere with my husband. Of course, we get no respite care. We were put on the waiting list when he was in 2nd grade. He got to the top of the list when he was in the adult family home which they closed down last September (man I loved those 9 months). Now he's at the bottom of the waiting list again. Even if we were to get respite care, it would be for a day or two, not two weeks. I saw a two week Alaskan cruise. I would love to take that....so, if any of you know any wealthy people who would like to share, I would love to have a babysitter for two whole weeks. Yes, I know, I could pay for the babysitter for the price of the cruise, but then, well, we don't have money for the cruise, not that we really have money for the cruise anyway, but a person can dream.

so, just in case you haven't gotten my hint: VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT VENT

and one more time VENT

Sweetie, on the positive side. The governor of Oregon is trying to cut caregivers and nursing homes assistance by 50%, for the budget. I hope for you, this does not happen. *Hugs*

hugs​
bigger hugs​
Even bigger hugs
Really big hugs
Really big big hugs
:)

hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs

:)

hug.gif

Maybe we could get together enough people to give this poster the help she needs. I live about 2 hrs from Federal Way and would be willing to donate a couple of days time. I'm a medical professional.

Maybe we could get together enough people to give this poster the help she needs. I live about 2 hrs from Federal Way and would be willing to donate a couple of days time. I'm a medical professional.

Now that's an excellent idea. How about a PayPal account for donations?

Now that's an excellent idea. How about a PayPal account for donations?

I don't do PayPal, but if I knew ahead of time, I could arrange 2 days of free time caring for this man.

Why do I hate my life?

#2) Refer to #1

and one more time VENT

yowl.And it could be worse.

Thanks for the offer, I would advise you to think carefully before committing to such a thing. I love Andrew, but he can be difficult to handle. I do appreciate the offer but I wouldn't want to put you in a situation that you couldn't handle. Most of the time Andrew is a pussycat, but there are those rare moments when he's a real trial. If you are serious, send me a message and maybe my husband and I can just make a reservation for a couple of nights away. First though, you really should take a trip here and get to know him and us. I'll make dinner. Do you like homemade vegetable soup? or roast chicken and roast potatoes? If you have a significant other, feel free to bring him or her. Heck, even if you don't want to take care of Andrew, it might be fun to meet one of my internet friends.

FYI, I was venting. I really don't intend to make everyone feel sorry for myself. I feel sorry for myself enough, I don't need help. I do have a lot to be grateful for. I have a husband of 29 years who has stuck with me through all our trials. I have an older son who in spite of his high functioning autism, is on the dean's list at DeVry University. I have a nice home and a backyard that is finally in decent enough shape that it's actually pleasant to go out there and sit (when it's not raining). We have enough money to pay our bills. We even have a little money in the bank. I guess I don't really hate my life, I just sometimes hate my life, especially first thing in the morning. Later, when I get rid of the smell, things are better, and with the weather finally clearing up and being able to open the windows, that helps a lot too.

Forum List

Back