Two Tv shows from 1975 that can seem to grab a new audience on DVD

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
DVD sales for both"Alice" and "One Day at a Time" have been awful and I am surprised since both shows seemed to do so well in it's original run on CBS. Alice is currently stuck at season 4 on DVD and One day at A Time is stuck at season 1. Not only that both shows can't grab a new fan base in syndication which is probably connected to why the DVD's won't sell.

is there anyone else surprised that these two shows won't grab any new viewers?

Stupid waste of time 1/2 hour sitcoms. I've never been impressed by the format except for MASH and All in the Family.

You still not saying what made the show unappealing

Old TV shows that focused on issues of the day seem ancient and almost embarrassing. Single moms struggling through life was big deal a few decades ago, but today, not so much. Even the issues faced by teenagers seem trivial by today's standards.

Old TV shows that focused on issues of the day seem ancient and almost embarrassing. Single moms struggling through life was big deal a few decades ago, but today, not so much. Even the issues faced by teenagers seem trivial by today's standards.

All in the family does well and it dealt with issues of the day

All in the family does well and it dealt with issues of the day
True, maybe it just the single mom, independent women focus that seems so outdated. Actually, I don't remember watching much TV in the 70's.

Forum List

Back