CDZ Twenty Billion Dollar Fine, "we can afford it"

Look fowards to the day when corporate types need killer robots flanking them to walk outside like in "Elysium" :)
you really despise your fellow man!

For myself, I dispise thieves, crooks, and cheats.

Is a corporation a man or a woman? Should it go to men's prison or women's prison?

Funny, or not so. How does the criminal justice system punish law breakers?
  1. take away their freedom (jail or prison, suspend/revoke licenses)
  2. take away their money (fines and restitution)
  3. take away their life (capital punishment)
What's appropriate when a corporation violates the law, might include any or all of the above. The more egregious the crime, the greater the punishment. Decision makers, and that must include the corporate officers, should be held accountable for point one and two; the corporation, if warranted, should suffer three (that is revocation of its charter and all of its assets sold).
I don't understand the difference? Individuals run corporations what would be different about an individual in corporate and individual outside of corporations, please explain!

The complaint is that the corporation itself is given the status of a person. or at least personhood. Why is this "person" given preferential treatment? Even when it commits crime that cause the loss of lives or causes thousands to lose their retirements, it doesn't have to do the time. It just arrogantly says it can afford the fine. And that fine is probably deductible also. Something we second class citizens can't do. We have a case here of unequal treatment of persons.

Is a corporation a man or a woman? Should it go to men's prison or women's prison?

What's appropriate when a corporation violates the law, might include any or all of the above. The more egregious the crime, the greater the punishment. Decision makers, and that must include the corporate officers, should be held accountable for point one and two; the corporation, if warranted, should suffer three (that is revocation of its charter and all of its assets sold).
I don't understand the difference? Individuals run corporations what would be different about an individual in corporate and individual outside of corporations, please explain!

The complaint is that the corporation itself is given the status of a person. or at least personhood. Why is this "person" given preferential treatment? Even when it commits crime that cause the loss of lives or causes thousands to lose their retirements, it doesn't have to do the time. It just arrogantly says it can afford the fine. And that fine is probably deductible also. Something we second class citizens can't do. We have a case here of unequal treatment of persons.

Maybe because it's impossible to treat everyone and everything equally. Power will always do what it wants to do. It's a fact.

I get your point and agree; I found your last sentence funny, not so when Romney uttered the memorable, "Corporations are people too". A corporation has no conscience, feels no pain, can't love or hate, has no empathy or sense of good or evil.

Maybe because it's impossible to treat everyone and everything equally. Power will always do what it wants to do. It's a fact.

Thus human beings must make the rules and enforce them. Lassiez Faire Capitalism will always allow power to grow without a governor. As we all learned, but some have forgotten: "power tends to corrupt, absolute power corrupts absolutely".

Thus human beings must make the rules and enforce them. Lassiez Faire Capitalism will always allow power to grow without a governor. As we all learned, but some have forgotten: "power tends to corrupt, absolute power corrupts absolutely".

and humans who have the power to make laws aren't corruptible ? Think about it.

Sure, most are. Look to DC to see how MOST of Gov't has been captured today. Perhaps we could try GOOD GOV'T POLICY instead of the right wings mythical laissez faire BS and start trying to clean it up? Start by getting Corps completely out of politics like the Founders wanted? Second get money out of politics? Go back to enforcing laws that stopped the monopolies that has flourished since Reagan ignored them and every Prez since? That's a start right?

Of course he could afford it, simply deducted from next donation from FEd reserve. Libs rage against the banks and do nothing..........

Sure, most are. Look to DC to see how MOST of Gov't has been captured today. Perhaps we could try GOOD GOV'T POLICY instead of the right wings mythical laissez faire BS and start trying to clean it up? Start by getting Corps completely out of politics like the Founders wanted? Second get money out of politics? Go back to enforcing laws that stopped the monopolies that has flourished since Reagan ignored them and every Prez since? That's a start right?

No---There will ALWAYS be a "decider" who has more power than other people and it will never be fair. Who do you suggest establish "good policy" ? Liberals ?

"A meeting between Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) and Jamie Dimon deteriorated almost immediately after the JPMorgan Chase & Co. CEO visited the recently elected senator and consumer advocate at her Capitol Hill office in 2013.

In a new afterword for the release of the paperback version of her book A Fighting Chance, Warren recalls that the tenor of the conversation between the two policy adversaries soured when Dimon complained about financial regulations that she has supported:"

See the Afterword here:

Guess What Happened When JPMorgan s CEO Visited Elizabeth Warren s Office

Comments on the need for less or more regulation of banks with hindsight on the Crash of October,

IMO the self proclaimed Masters of the Universe need to be brought under control, the arrogance of the suits, their callous disregard for their customers plus the fact that no banker was indicted and thus no banker went to prison seems to give them a feeling of immunity. Sen. Warren is the Kryptonite to this kind.

Look fowards to the day when corporate types need killer robots flanking them to walk outside like in "Elysium" :)

I despise Gypsies Tramps and Thieves

I despise Cher.

No---There will ALWAYS be a "decider" who has more power than other people and it will never be fair. Who do you suggest establish "good policy" ? Liberals ?

Who? Why not conservative policy? After alll they have a LONG history of being on the correct side of history right? PLEASE let me know just ONE conservative policy that's worked as promised?

Libs? They gave US the PROGRESSIVE policies that created the worlds largest middle class. You know, labor laws, union rights, SS, etc

Or we can follow the cons/GOP who gave US the first GOP great depression, the Reagan S&L crisis or Dubya's subprime bubble?

Who? Why not conservative policy? After alll they have a LONG history of being on the correct side of history right? PLEASE let me know just ONE conservative policy that's worked as promised?

Libs? They gave US the PROGRESSIVE policies that created the worlds largest middle class. You know, labor laws, union rights, SS, etc

Or we can follow the cons/GOP who gave US the first GOP great depression, the Reagan S&L crisis or Dubya's subprime bubble?

You quoted what libs gave us. How about equal time and quote what republicans have given us? I can't think of anything right off hand but maybe later.

Of course he could afford it, simply deducted from next donation from FEd reserve. Libs rage against the banks and do nothing..........

They tried occupied wall street, that didn't work since all the republicans and the police were against them.

You quoted what libs gave us. How about equal time and quote what republicans have given us? I can't think of anything right off hand but maybe later.

How about going with IDEOLOGY not party since party has shifted a couple times the past 150 years?

Just ONE policy conservatives have EVER been on the correct side of history with ANY policy since the founding???

They tried occupied wall street, that didn't work since all the republicans and the police were against them.

00-00i-politics-through-a-cartoonists-eyes-09-11-11.jpg

It's a stretch just calling corporation a person. Anyway, their charters could be revoked.

Warren is a mentally ill do nothing who had to lie about her heritage in order to advance herself.

She will destroy anything she runs no matter how large or small

She's a mentally ill do nothing? Any proof Warren is mentally ill? Links to professionals that made that determination? And she's anything but a do nothing. Warren is one of the few politicians who will name names and kick ass. How many politicians on either side will do this?

Since she was unable to name an actual Cherokee ancestor, she said her cheekbones made her Cherokee.

She's a loon

I did for about three seconds. There are checks and balances in passing a new law, not so in Laissez Faire Capitalsim.

Warren is a mentally ill do nothing who had to lie about her heritage in order to advance herself.

She will destroy anything she runs no matter how large or small

She's a mentally ill do nothing? Any proof Warren is mentally ill? Links to professionals that made that determination? And she's anything but a do nothing. Warren is one of the few politicians who will name names and kick ass. How many politicians on either side will do this?

Since she was unable to name an actual Cherokee ancestor, she said her cheekbones made her Cherokee.

She's a loon

And yet she's a U.S. Senator, and you're a partisan hack who echoes the same meme when not posting an idiot-gram.

Union money? Sounds good!

Forum List

Back