Twelve Syria hospitals hit by airstrikes as Russian jets bombard country

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
I hated to hear the other week that the U.S. bombed a hospital in Afghanistan, and I hate to hear about this. Care should be taken that hospitals are not targeted.

Twelve Syria hospitals hit by airstrikes as Russian jets bombard country
Thirty-five patients and doctors killed in recent weeks as bombs destroy access to life-saving treatment in Syria, warns Doctors Without Borders (MSF)

syria-bombed-hospi_3486948b.jpg

Residents inspect damage on the main field hospital in Douma, Damascus, after it was bombed Photo: Bassam Khabieh/Reuters

By Louisa Loveluck

8:52PM GMT 29 Oct 2015

Airstrikes in northern Syria have hit 12 medical facilities in recent weeks, forcing hospitals to close and deepening the country’s refugee crisis.

Doctors Without Borders (MSF), which operates and supports medical facilities throughout Syria, said on Thursday that the attacks had left 35 patients and doctors dead and another 72 wounded, even as the bombs were destroying access to life-saving treatment.

Under international humanitarian law, it is a war crime to target hospitals during times of conflict. “We can only wonder whether this concept is dead,” said said Sylvain Groulx, the head of MSF’s operation in Syria.

Continue reading at:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor.../Twelve-Syria-hospitals-hit-by-airstrikes-as-

No one seems to care when Russia blow up 12 hospitals and clinics, but if the US carries outs a strike that was called into them because of terrorists in the area, it makes headlines on every paper in the world.

No one seems to care when Russia blow up 12 hospitals and clinics, but if the US carries outs a strike that was called into them because of terrorists in the area, it makes headlines on every paper in the world.
Because the US has lost all credibility.......not unlike the propaganda that was posted in the OP. Truth is, those unfortunate people don't know what hit them or by whom.

snip:
The group did not attribute blame for the airstrikes, which took place in the provinces of Aleppo, Idlib, Hama, but other aid groups say that at least seven hospitals or clinics have been hit by Russian jets

Western propaganda will attribute the strikes to the Russians. In fact, no one actually knows whose planes struck the hospitals.

Because the US has lost all credibility.......not unlike the propaganda that was posted in the OP. Truth is, those unfortunate people don't know what hit them or by whom.

snip:
The group did not attribute blame for the airstrikes, which took place in the provinces of Aleppo, Idlib, Hama, but other aid groups say that at least seven hospitals or clinics have been hit by Russian jets

---
Let's continue the snips ...

aid groups (such as Doctors Without Borders) say that at least seven hospitals or clinics have been hit by Russian jets since Moscow intervened militarily in Syria’s conflict at the end of September.

Forces loyal to Bashar al-Assad, the Syrian president, have destroyed or damaged hundreds of medical facilities during the country’s four year war.

Mr Assad and his Russian counterpart, Vladmir Putin, have depicted the bombing campaign as a strike against terrorism, a label both apply to all opponents for the Syrian regime. Experts say the airstrikes are furthering a regime strategy of sowing fear and exhaustion among civilians living in opposition-held territory.

“By terrorising civilians and destroying rebel groups’ attempts at local governance, Russian military assistance is helping Assad present his government as the only viable ruling force in Syria,” wrote José Ciro Martínez and Brent Eng, experts based in Cambridge and Amman respectively.

Different views based on different political agendas?
In the mean time, the innocent Syrian people suffer, esp those that want freedom.

Medias tell us that millions of civilians fled. 8 million internally, 4 million abroad. So who is in the hospitals? Civilians? Or terrorists?

Medias tell us that millions of civilians fled. 8 million internally, 4 million abroad. So who is in the hospitals? Civilians? Or terrorists?

---
You think volunteers such as Doctors Without Borders are "terrorists" and deserve to die trying to help sick or injured people?

Perhaps you are sick ... in your head?

---
You think volunteers such as Doctors Without Borders are "terrorists" and deserve to die trying to help sick or injured people?

Perhaps you are sick ... in your head?
I already wrote to the organization that they cannot expect to be spared in their un-signalized basement "hospitals" in which they are busy to treat terrorists by which they are captured.

snip:

---

aid groups (such as Doctors Without Borders) say that at least seven hospitals or clinics have been hit by Russian jets since Moscow intervened militarily in Syria’s conflict at the end of September.

Forces loyal to Bashar al-Assad, the Syrian president, have destroyed or damaged hundreds of medical facilities during the country’s four year war.

Mr Assad and his Russian counterpart, Vladmir Putin, have depicted the bombing campaign as a strike against terrorism, a label both apply to all opponents for the Syrian regime. Experts say the airstrikes are furthering a regime strategy of sowing fear and exhaustion among civilians living in opposition-held territory.

“By terrorising civilians and destroying rebel groups’ attempts at local governance, Russian military assistance is helping Assad present his government as the only viable ruling force in Syria,” wrote José Ciro Martínez and Brent Eng, experts based in Cambridge and Amman respectively.

In the mean time, the innocent Syrian people suffer, esp those that want freedom.
Why did you feel the article needed your edit? Did it not contain enough propaganda for your liking?

And here is one you missed.
A US-led coalition targeting Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (Isil) is also accused of bombing at least five hospitals in Syria during its year-long campaign.

snip:

---

Why did you feel the article needed your edit? Did it not contain enough propaganda for your liking?

A US-led coalition targeting Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (Isil) is also accused of bombing at least five hospitals in Syria during its year-long campaign.

---
I did not "edit"; i did some additional selective "snips" like you did.
As you noted, i can play the cherry- picking game too.

Now lets compare the numbers of wartime bombings of hospitals & medical units, and i agree that some are accidental ...
US hit 5+ in one year vs
Russia
hit 12 in one month vs
Assad's
regime hit 100+ in four years.

Which culprit looks worse?
Even if Russia hit "only" half of the alleged 12, that's still 12x more than the US led coalition in past year.

snip:

---

---

Now lets compare the numbers of wartime bombings of hospitals & medical units, and i agree that some are accidental ...
US hit 5+ in one year vs
Russia
hit 12 in one month vs
Assad's

Even if Russia hit "only" half of the alleged 12, that's still 12x more than the US led coalition in past year.
I have no problem with cherry picking parts of the article. In fact I did so to show another forum member how deceptive the article can be. The article is written in such a way that the reader (aris2chat) believes Russia is responsible for the alleged attacks, when nothing has actually been proven by the article.

By contrast what you did was not just cherry pick but you also edited by adding (Such as Doctors Without Borders), which was not part of the original article. The truth that you try to hide is that we were not given any details about who the other aid groups are. We have no idea if they are medical in nature as you want us to believe. Hell, we don't even know if they are in Syria at all or at least in the part of Syria close enough to the action to be at all credible.

There is no comparison to what is being done to the Syrian people. Western aligned countries have for 4 years and longer fomented a war against the legitimate governing authority in Syria. This has been the genesis of the humanitarian crisis in Syria.

snip:

---

---

US hit 5+ in one year vs
Russia
hit 12 in one month vs
Assad's

I have no problem with cherry picking parts of the article. In fact I did so to show another forum member how deceptive the article can be. The article is written in such a way that the reader (aris2chat) believes Russia is responsible for the alleged attacks, when nothing has actually been proven by the article.

By contrast what you did was not just cherry pick but you also edited by adding (Such as Doctors Without Borders), which was not part of the original article. The truth that you try to hide is that we were not given any details about who the other aid groups are. We have no idea if they are medical in nature as you want us to believe. Hell, we don't even know if they are in Syria at all or at least in the part of Syria close enough to the action to be at all credible.

There is no comparison to what is being done to the Syrian people. Western aligned countries have for 4 years and longer fomented a war against the legitimate governing authority in Syria. This has been the genesis of the humanitarian crisis in Syria.

---
I differentiate "editing" (changing text) from "snipping" (using existing text). I only inserted my "such as" text with text that was mentioned in the same article to make my snips more concise. This text was in the same article:

"Doctors Without Borders (MSF), which operates and supports medical facilities throughout Syria, said on Thursday that the attacks had left 35 patients and doctors dead and another 72 wounded, even as the bombs were destroying access to life-saving treatment."

The genesis of the humanitarian crisis in Syria lies with Assad's uncompromising authoritarian regime.
The crisis began in the early spring of 2011 with nationwide protests against President Bashar al-Assad's repressive government, whose forces responded with violent crackdowns.

snip:

---

---

US hit 5+ in one year vs
Russia
hit 12 in one month vs
Assad's

---
I differentiate "editing" (changing text) from "snipping" (using existing text). I only inserted my "such as" text with text that was mentioned in the same article to make my snips more concise. This text was in the same article:

"Doctors Without Borders (MSF), which operates and supports medical facilities throughout Syria, said on Thursday that the attacks had left 35 patients and doctors dead and another 72 wounded, even as the bombs were destroying access to life-saving treatment."

The genesis of the humanitarian crisis in Syria lies with Assad's uncompromising authoritarian regime.
The crisis began in the early spring of 2011 with nationwide protests against President Bashar al-Assad's repressive government, whose forces responded with violent crackdowns.
You edited the article. It doesn't matter that the text appeared elsewhere in the article, it did not exist where you inserted it. And you didn't make it more concise, you changed the meaning of it.

Shut up, al-Qaeda shithead.

---
You make no sense, esp when you get even more emotional.
You have been blaming the Syrian gov´t for a while now, while al-Qaeda seems to be nothing bad for you.

---
I do not know of any posters who support al-Qaeda, nor ISIS, nor the Taliban.
I don't support ANY repressive culture or regime; I'm an American libertarian, with a socially responsible flavor.

---
You have been blaming the Syrian gov´t for a while now, while al-Qaeda seems to be nothing bad for you.

---
I don't support ANY repressive culture or regime; I'm an American libertarian, with a socially responsible flavor.
So why do you spread al-Qaeda propaganda, then? This kindergarten is allegedly being bombed, than that hospital. And you put it on the forum.
"Rebels" pose with heads - where is our medias to report, where is you? "Rebels" take children to the battlegrounds, where is you? Ect, ect.

If you are interested in the conflict (I don´t think so), you could have got information here and elsewhere. You would know about the "free" media´s way to report - adopting terrorist propaganda one on one.

Last edited:

---

---
So why do you spread al-Qaeda propaganda, then? This kindergarten is allegedly being bombed, than that hospital. And you put it on the forum.
"Rebels" pose with heads - where is our medias to report, where is you? "Rebels" take children to the battlegrounds, where is you? Ect, ect.

If you are interested in the conflict (I don´t think so), you could have got information here and elsewhere. You would know about the "free" media´s way to report - adopting terrorist propaganda one on one.

---
Show me where i "spread al-Qaeda propaganda,"
I am not a therapist, so don't tell me about your hallucinations.

Forum List

Back