TV Highs & Lows, 2005

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adam's Apple, Dec 28, 2005.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,802
    If I lived alone that would work. I just need the news and CSpan and yeah, History Channel. But dad does every sport, does watching people play poker or pool count?, known to man. The kids, movies, movies, and more movies.

2. Zhukov

Zhukov VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +302
    I've got basic for THC, TDC, FOXNEWS, Sci-Fi, and a couple others.

Which leaves nearly 60 channels I never watch, yet pay for.

I really wish there was an a la carte cable provider so I could dump the networks, dump the spanish channels, the home shopping channels, the women's channels, the "music" channels, the other news channels, the religious channels, the cooking channels (I used to watch Iron Chef, but if I had to pay individually for that channel? nope), and any other channels I can't think of right now.

3. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0

nah this is more along the lines of watching tennis...like watching cement set...how boring...ya better take old dad to the race track...or camping or anything but sports on TV! :cof:

4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,802

He's just getting out of the hospital today, again. I think I'll let him keep the t.v. :laugh: btw, he does the track, golf. Can't see him camping, but not me either!

5. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0

then again I guess some prefer the comfort of home...so get a RV! Ya can take a little of home with ya...or do the Motel Six route...but this will limit your experience...or just stay home and stare at the Boob tube! :D

6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,802

I don't do television much, but Motel 6? I don't think so. Holiday Inn is about as rough as I want to get on a trip. If I don't have the $$ to spare, I'd rather stay home and read about it.

It's a choice thing, I'd rather have the nicer hotel, nice restaurants and fewer vacations. I'm sure I'd see more if I would change, but don't want to!

7. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0

let's not experience life let's just watch others have fun...try watching the 'real tv' program "Dirty Jobs" very entertaining and ya don't get your hands dirty...however ya will miss actual life experience! Never fails to amaze me how people talk about life yet fail to go out and experience it 'First Hand"...kinda sad really!

Different strokes. As I said, to me going in RV or on cheap, would just be depressing. On the other hand, good for you!

I don't do 'reality tv'. :puke:

8. Said1

Said1 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +939
    I don't have cable at all anymore. We get about 5 channels - upstairs.

9. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +624
    Same here Said1, but if I could get 33 channels for $15 I'd do it, though.

10. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Damn and what about downstairs....lol Then again ya are probably getting the bleed effect of your neighbors cabel...now thats economical..kudos to you!