THE best live concert I have ever been to!

fuzzykitten99

VIP Member
Apr 23, 2004
You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
I got Tim tickets to the one-night only Trans Siberian Orchestra, which was last night.

It was... FREAKIN AWESOME!

They first did their Christmas Story performance, which was great. Then they did other non-Christmas songs including some popular rock songs, as well as some of their own.

One of the guitarists did Flight of the Bumblebee on his guitar. ON HIS GUITAR! I had to do that song in band on my flute and it took me a month of practicing 2 hours every day just to get it down at half speed.

They ended the entire show with their Tubular Bells song, with the band members running through the whole venue, through the aisles and such. The lights and lasers were spectacular. I just can't get over the amazing guitar work I heard. Listening to the CDs is nothing to seeing and hearing all live.

Then, they had an autograph session, that happened to be just outside the area we sat in-it could have been anywhere too! If it had been on the other side of the arena somewhere or on another level, we would have skipped it. So we got a program and got in line. We were only about 30 people back. I got to talk to all the band members, and chatted a bit with the lead guitarist Tommy Farese, who looks like Al Pacino and Alice Cooper mushed together. They were all so cool, and very lively to talk to considering they just belted out the best music ever, and running around on stage and the whole arena for 3.5 hours.

They also handed out guitar picks with the TSO logo.

This concert definitely beat out Garth Brooks' tour here in Mpls where he did 9 shows in a row, and I attended the 5th one. So, GB moves to #2 on my list of best performances I have ever been to.

Forum List

Back