Turns Out Obamacare Premiums Aren't More Expensive After All

OnePercenter

Gold Member
Apr 10, 2013
But but but but but but BENGHAAAAZI :badgrin:

140514-another-obamacare-myth-bites-the-dust.jpg

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/turns...3900650.html?soc_src=mediacontentsharebuttons

When the cost of an employer-provided health insurance plan is compared to the cost of an Affordable Care Act plan bought on a state health insurance exchange, the ACA plan will be more affordable on average, a new analysis from PricewaterhouseCoopers' Health Research Institute finds.

"In 2014, the premiums for health plans offered on new state exchanges under the Affordable Care Act (ACA) are comparable to — and in some cases lower than — those being offered by employers with similar levels of coverage," the analysts concluded. "The data suggest the new exchanges are competitive with the current insurance market."

Turns Out Obamacare Premiums Aren't More Expensive After All

Geico commercial: everyone knows that.

But but but but but but BENGHAAAAZI :badgrin:

140514-another-obamacare-myth-bites-the-dust.jpg

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/turns...3900650.html?soc_src=mediacontentsharebuttons

When the cost of an employer-provided health insurance plan is compared to the cost of an Affordable Care Act plan bought on a state health insurance exchange, the ACA plan will be more affordable on average, a new analysis from PricewaterhouseCoopers' Health Research Institute finds.

"In 2014, the premiums for health plans offered on new state exchanges under the Affordable Care Act (ACA) are comparable to — and in some cases lower than — those being offered by employers with similar levels of coverage," the analysts concluded. "The data suggest the new exchanges are competitive with the current insurance market."

DU?

Really?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ummm, no.

Employer provided plan premiums are in many cases paid, mostly, by the employer.

Some of those cost savings come from the exchange plans' narrower networks — that's fewer available doctors and hospitals to choose from.

But what about all those news stories about people whose premiums had shot way up? Those were often people whose pre-ACA insurance did not meet even the most basic standards set forth by the law.

"Often" is a codeword used to say "we can't make a statistical statement and we can't even say 'most' so we'll just say that it's more than one." That said, one of the "most basic standards" that plans did not cover was no-cost birth control. So if the non-compliant plan charged $50 for a pap smear and $10 per month for Previfem, it was lumped into this category.

So here's a direct statistical reference:

"More than half the people in the individual market had coverage below the bronze level of 60%, the lowest level in the exchanges."

About 20 of my current clients are single men that have had vasectomies. They have no need for a bronze level plan when it comes to birth control, and all of them had plans that were compliant in all other areas. The other issue is that this study did not delineate those with catastrophic policies, those with high deductibles but generous benefits beyond $5000. For a professional couple that has a decent emergency fund, this was a great option for health insurance. Under normal circumstances they got cash payment discounts because their deductibles were high and the insurance only kicked in for major medical issues. The premiums were low, they weren't locked into any small networks for routine care, and their overall value was actually greater than similar situations with people on employer plans that had a myriad matrix of co-payments.

"In some cases" = success?

Mine is more expensive. Lair.

Why?

Why?

Well, you're a lair because you are an idiotic lost cause. Simple as that.

Go wax your Teslas, Cub Scout.

a kid i know got the obamacares

the other day he went to the doc

expected to see some benefit

what he got was the right to pay full for the office visit

and full price for the meds prescribed

his policy kicks in after the deductible is met

--LOL

Why?

--LOL

How much is his deductible?

Why?

--LOL

How much is his deductible?

i didnt ask because i dont care

however he seemed to think he was getting ripped off

his says his twin brother decided not to get covered

and that he should have listened to him

First, if they have access to a Group plan they don't go out on the Exchange to purchase an ACA individual Plan.

Second, MOST employers pay part of the Premiums for their Employees.

Third, the NEW plans are far more expensive than the old plans.

Go peddle your lies elsewhere.

how could they be leftard? when the governemnt is the only entity that can go $17 TRILLION IN DEBT
and the only ones that CAN PRINT MONEY

wait until a hundred million or so covered under the employee mandate are actually part of obamacare; currently DELAYED by the Messiah himself

Forum List

Back