TURKEY'S BACKLASH: Christians pay price as extreme Islam surges after attempted coup

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Here's news to brighten a progressives day. Can anyone believe that the "coup" was not staged?

TURKEY'S BACKLASH: Christians pay price as extreme Islam surges after attempted coup

A year earlier Father Andrea Santoro, a 61-year-old Roman Catholic priest, was murdered in the Santa Maria Church. Father Santoro was shot from behind while kneeling in prayer in the church. Witnesses heard the murderer, aged 16, shouting “Allahu Akbar”.

Turkey, which once boasted two million Christians, has barely 120,000 now, fewer even than Iran. But what shocked people most about July 15’s attacks was how much hatred still remains after almost 10 years.

Though it is nominally a secular republic there can be little doubt that the government and Turkey’s 117,000 Sunni imams work together.

Since the night of the failed coup, imams have been chanting the Selah prayer, usually reserved to announce a death, on a daily basis as a rally call.

are you surprised.?? I support an air lift of Christians OUT OF TURKEY-------we can ship excess muslims from the USA to turkey for the sake of humanitarianism-----maybe the Khans want to go

are you surprised.?? I support an air lift of Christians OUT OF TURKEY-------we can ship excess muslims from the USA to turkey for the sake of humanitarianism-----maybe the Khans want to go

I am all for that. I am all for paying for a ticket out of the country for anyone who hates it. They can pick their destination. Only requirement is there is no take backs.

Staged? sorta---it was staged by Ataturk----he made sure
that a core of the military would oppose the INEVITABLE
back to Islamic shit hole movement in Turkey

Forum List

Back