Tsa

SayMyName

Live, Love, Laugh.
Dec 30, 2011
Shanghai, China
TSA.

Flying this passed weekend, I couldn't help notice how many agents around LaGuardia there were, most of them either standing around, or sitting down. At one baggage check location I counted no less than 20 agents, most sitting down and talking. This was 11am in the morning.

I am not sure I feel that much safer flying now that they are a government agency.

My trip to DC and back went remarkably well. They now have a 'TSA Cares' line with an 800 number you can call, give your information, and that helps you get through if you have a medical problem.

Not as many of those guys are TSA as it appears. The person on the Cares line told me to tell the TSA person that I have a medication pump. I told the first person I came to and I told him that I have joint replacements and that I am used to the patdowns. He said 'you need to give that information to TSA.' It seems that the TSA people were few and far between, but there were a lot of airport personnel there.

I went through the x-ray machine in Nashvegas, then the pat down. The TSA person knew the pump I had but asked me to wait while she checked something. She went to the computer then waved me on through. No different in DC. Most of the people at security are not TSA.

It went quite well. In Nashville there was a really old lady in a wheelchair. But she was able to walk through the x -ray machine with some help. I didn't notice any middle easterners on either flight like I did when I went to Egypt. But I guess when you go to the ME you can expect them. LOL. It is just a bit of a tick off for them to breeze on in while another grannie and I were getting patted down because of our joint replacements.

download

Forum List

Back