Truth Offends

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
I don't fully understand why, but it's as obvious as the day is long. Whether it be personal insults, racial/ethnic stereotypes or anything else for that matter, the truer the charge the more pissed off and offended people get about it. Funny how that works. :eusa_whistle:

I don't fully understand why, but it's as obvious as the day is long. Whether it be personal insults, racial/ethnic stereotypes or anything else for that matter, the truer the charge the more pissed off and offended people get about it. Funny how that works. :eusa_whistle:

Well, you know the "Golden Rule" of message boards,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Once you are proven wrong,or don't agree with someone, reduce to name calling and taunts. It's the only way to save face and get your point across. :eusa_whistle:

• Banned

Once you are proven wrong,or don't agree with someone, reduce to name calling and taunts. It's the only way to save face and get your point across. :eusa_whistle:

That's not the rule I go by. I go to the name calling and taunts right from the start. That way, nobody can ever be sure if it's motivated by an attempted face saving or just cause I'm an asshole. :D

What's funny is that people who get called on behavior/belief whatever who get mad because they've been nailed get mad because they KNOW they're being called on a valid point.

In other words, if you call someone a bigot because they sneer at Republicans and consider them stupid, bible thumping, and just not as good as they are, they'll flip out....because they know it's true. They know they're bigots, and they think they can fool everyone, and they get mad when they get caught.

True that.
It's funny, everyone is so concerned with always being right, regardless of whether or not it benefits them to be right. The funniest thing is when you talk to conservative Christians about their lifestyles and they get pissed when you point out an aspect of scripture that they choose to arbitrarily ignore. I'm not gonna lie, it's pretty fun to do.

How can you tell if people are really offended or just acting like they are to further some other goal?

"the truth", eh? Funny how that gets tossed around by those who would rather post goofy threads than evidence.

Oh yeah...the closer to home an unacknowledged truth hits the more it hurts, no doubt about that.

That's why your friends can usually hurt you more than people you can't stand.

They know all the buttons to push.

That's not the rule I go by. I go to the name calling and taunts right from the start. That way, nobody can ever be sure if it's motivated by an attempted face saving or just cause I'm an asshole. :D

I'm reasonably sure few of us are really in doubt about that, Mani.:eusa_whistle:

We know which you are. ;)

I try to /ignore them and not reply to their posts. But sometimes it becomes too much to keep your :eusa_silenced: mouth closed :eusa_silenced: though. :redface:

And another point sails briskly and unnoticed over Paulie's head.

Some things never change. :cool:

Kath pointed out she knows which you are, out of the two choices of poster who throws insults to deflect, or poster who's just an asshole to begin with.

I say it's both. What is MOST obvious, is it's THAT which flew over your head. Of course, by all means homey, you're free to make your case.

I got that. But you still didn't get my initial post, as evidenced by this:

Pauliedumbshit said:
out of the two choices of poster who throws insults to deflect, or poster who's just an asshole to begin with.

hint: See Jim Brown stories about limping back to the huddle. Being a sports fan and all, maybe you'll figure it out.

I got that. But you still didn't get my initial post, as evidenced by this:

hint: See Jim Brown stories about limping back to the huddle. Being a sports fan and all, maybe you'll figure it out.

I wasn't addressing your initial post, and neither was Kathianne.

We were both addressing this:

Kath quoted that post and said "we know which you are". I followed it up by saying it's both. Are you catching up yet? If I held your hand anymore, I'd be a dirty liberal.

That's the post I'm talking about...homeboy. :D

Perhaps you might consider just thinking about it a little bit rather than simply making your typical knee-jerk replies.

Forum List

Back