Trump's Tariffs are confusing to implement and will result in higher retail prices

ElmerMudd

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2009
Northwest
Trump's two tiered implementation of his tariffs on Chinese goods is confusing and resulting in complexity for US manufacturers.
A majority of "made in USA" product sources raw materials and/or parts from China.
Many US manufacturers make some of their product line in the USA and source other products offshore including China.
The end result will be a substantial number of products having higher retail prices.
The full extent of the retail price increases will be felt in the 1st quarter of 2019. The true effects on US families and US economy will not be until 2nd quarter of 2019.
It may end up with higher profits for many US corporations and higher prices for American consumers.

Once again why all of a sudden is the left against high paying Union blue collar jobs?

Since when do those on the right want to put constraints on the free market economy?

I am a fiscal conservative with a heart and conscience. Maybe in your world having a heart and a conscience makes you a liberal. So be it.

I feel the tariffs will ultimately hurt more of our citizens than it will help.

Too many Trump supporters do not understand basic economic principles and believe the BS he is feeding them.

The CPI was up again in August. This is the 3rd straight month. The extra $27 bucks a week from the “tax breaks” you’re perhaps getting has long since evaporated.

President Trump is trying to fix decades of SHIT trade deals that cost millions of Ameircans their jobs. You sour grapes liberals can go to hell.

Once again why all of a sudden is the left against high paying Union blue collar jobs?

Since when do those on the right want to put constraints on the free market economy?

I am a fiscal conservative with a heart and conscience. Maybe in your world having a heart and a conscience makes you a liberal. So be it.

I feel the tariffs will ultimately hurt more of our citizens than it will help.

Too many Trump supporters do not understand basic economic principles and believe the BS he is feeding them.

You have a choice not to buy , no?

Trump's two tiered implementation of his tariffs on Chinese goods is confusing and resulting in complexity for US manufacturers.
A majority of "made in USA" product sources raw materials and/or parts from China.
Many US manufacturers make some of their product line in the USA and source other products offshore including China.
The end result will be a substantial number of products having higher retail prices.
The full extent of the retail price increases will be felt in the 1st quarter of 2019. The true effects on US families and US economy will not be until 2nd quarter of 2019.
It may end up with higher profits for many US corporations and higher prices for American consumers.

All tariffs result in higher prices, they are a tax on goods.

The CPI was up again in August. This is the 3rd straight month. The extra $27 bucks a week from the “tax breaks” you’re perhaps getting has long since evaporated.

Blame your stupid plastic straws ban.

President Trump is trying to fix decades of SHIT trade deals that cost millions of Ameircans their jobs. You sour grapes liberals can go to hell.

Agreed. Fair trade means just that. For decades, presidents and government let countries do whatever they wanted, and got paid on the front and backend. The citizens got screwed. Trying to change that isn’t going to happen as quickly as anyone wants. We shouldn’t have ever had to pay protection money, which is the equivalent of what it’s been. Government has been the mob bosses. You think Nancy Polosy or Chucky cheese give a [emoji232] ass about anyone but themselves. They are taking with both hands. And we’ll see what big dumb puppet they build to run for the next go around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Decades of trade agreements made the US the strongest economy in the world.
All trade agreements are not bad.
The shit is what the Trump supporters have for brains, believing all of the BS Trump feeds them.
His senior economic adviser quit because he disagreed with Trump's tariffs.

I'm still a Trump supporter. We need to make trade more fair and bring back manufacturing jobs. You have a problem with more jobs in the US? You like China dumping subsidizing and dumping steel and aluminum? You like China stealing intellectual property? You like borrowing money from China? How did China get all that money?

The shit is what the Trump supporters have for brains, believing all of the BS Trump feeds them.

Go try to win an election with that in MI, PA, or WI you stupid hack.

Well, that made zero sense. Congratulations on your consistency in that department.

The tariffs are beginning to increase inflation as imports become more and more expensive. One of the key imports is Flu Vaccine from Germany (Sanofi). I hope GSK (located in Pennsylvania) can make up for the shortfall that will be caused by Sanofi selling their vaccine to nations that actually welcome imports. The problem is that GSK exports their Fluzone...or at least they used to. I doubt foreign hospitals will buy the products that are now being marked up due to the retaliatory tariffs.

If the flu season is as bad as predicted (last year was very severe), this could cause a public health crisis. Only 4-5 out of 10 Americans get the shot annually on average. There may be a run if conditions worsen.

But stick to thinking it's about straws....simple thoughts for the simple minded Trump ass kisser.

THe wage stagnation of the middle class says otherwise.

Well, that made zero sense. Congratulations on your consistency in that department.

The tariffs are beginning to increase inflation as imports become more and more expensive. One of the key imports is Flu Vaccine from Germany (Sanofi). I hope GSK (located in Pennsylvania) can make up for the shortfall that will be caused by Sanofi selling their vaccine to nations that actually welcome imports. The problem is that GSK exports their Fluzone...or at least they used to. I doubt foreign hospitals will buy the products that are now being marked up due to the retaliatory tariffs.

If the flu season is as bad as predicted (last year was very severe), this could cause a public health crisis. Only 4-5 out of 10 Americans get the shot annually on average. There may be a run if conditions worsen.

But stick to thinking it's about straws....simple thoughts for the simple minded Trump ass kisser.

Once again I have a choice not to buy them , why don't you comprehend that?

I am 53 I don't give a shit what I look like anymore, the good will and garage sales work fine for me and since I already bought a new F150 a few months ago I don't give a crap about it.

Once again I have a choice not to buy them , why don't you comprehend that?

I am 53 I don't give a shit what I look like anymore, the good will and garage sales work fine for me and since I already bought a new F150 a few months ago I don't give a crap about it.

I have zero idea what your point is.

Go try to win an election with that in MI, PA, or WI you stupid hack.
OK

THe wage stagnation of the middle class says otherwise.
I highly doubt wage stagnation is from trade agreements....

Forum List

Back