Trump tries and fails to use the nuclear option for his wall in the Senate

Of course they will not go to a Nuke option. Why would they
do that. The Dems don't sign the bill that the House passed
by midnite tonight, the Dems will own the shutdown.

The Prez cannot be blamed for vetoing a bill that he never received.

The President vetoed the Bill yesterday, that he had previously told the Senate he would sign. He did it because Rush called him “weak” and then Trump proved Rush wars correct in that assessment by caving in to his base.

The President owns this. No one else.

The President vetoed the Bill yesterday, that he had previously told the Senate he would sign. He did it because Rush called him “weak” and then Trump proved Rush wars correct in that assessment by caving in to his base.

I think he was told that by folding on the wall he'd lose any chance he has of being re-elected. And I'm pretty sure Flake, Corker and Snowe want to stick a knife his liver.

Nope...the person who owns the shutdown is the person who said he owns the shutdown. tiny trump

Can’t believe Chuck and Nancy are willing to make it worse for our border patrol on legal immigration. All it takes is common sense but these swamp demos don’t care. Shutting down the government keeps playing to their obstruction going on three years already. Sad!
It is tiny trump who would shut down the government. He said so himself.

Every Republican voting against funding for the wall should be thrown out of the party. Immediately. Then recalled by their constituents. Then shot by their neighbors.
If their constituents want them to vote against the wall, then they will vote against the wall. That's the whole point of a representative democracy.
Even to go reconciliation, McConnell can only lose one of Flake, Corker, and Snowe ... all of whom have pretty much lost their senate careers because of him. I doubt McConnell has the votes.

and it's not all politics. The wall is not going to be built because of how much eminent domain taking there would have to be for the wall itself, not to mention the guard towers, the roads to and from the wall, the gas stations, the crappers, etc.

On the first point I agree.

On the second, they can always start the work on federal land.
I just don't think a 2200 mile contiguous wall is practical. Like most of Trump's bloviating, it was always bullshit. There are options for less than contiguous walls, along areas suitable and with high foot traffic. Other, more remote places, have options of more human eyes and drones. Probably they can put up obstacles in obvious places too, without having to resort to full out govt taking of land.

Can’t believe Chuck and Nancy are willing to make it worse for our border patrol on legal immigration. All it takes is common sense but these swamp demos don’t care. Shutting down the government keeps playing to their obstruction going on three years already. Sad!
It is tiny trump who would shut down the government. He said so himself.
by God we're gonna get tired of that video. LOL

It’s Trump’s shutdown. He declared ownership of it at his disastrous meeting with Chuck and Nancy. You can pretend the Dems own it like you tried when Lyin’ Ted read Dr. Seuss like a toddler a couple years ago. It didn’t work then either.
The democrats are the ones crying about a shut down would be horrible. All they have to do is give Trump a measly 5 billion dollars. And their precious goverment will not close. So they own it. I hope the goverment closes for a while, show people we can still survive.

Every Republican voting against funding for the wall should be thrown out of the party. Immediately. Then recalled by their constituents. Then shot by their neighbors.
If their constituents want them to vote against the wall, then they will vote against the wall. That's the whole point of a representative democracy.
Even to go reconciliation, McConnell can only lose one of Flake, Corker, and Snowe ... all of whom have pretty much lost their senate careers because of him. I doubt McConnell has the votes.

and it's not all politics. The wall is not going to be built because of how much eminent domain taking there would have to be for the wall itself, not to mention the guard towers, the roads to and from the wall, the gas stations, the crappers, etc.

On the first point I agree.

On the second, they can always start the work on federal land.
I just don't think a 2200 mile contiguous wall is practical. Like most of Trump's bloviating, it was always bullshit. There are options for less than contiguous walls, along areas suitable and with high foot traffic. Other, more remote places, have options of more human eyes and drones. Probably they can put up obstacles in obvious places too, without having to resort to full out govt taking of land.

By walling off some sections, you allow them to be patrolled far less, thus allowing the same manpower to cover other areas more effectively.

I think he was told that by folding on the wall he'd lose any chance he has of being re-elected. And I'm pretty sure Flake, Corker and Snowe want to stick a knife his liver.
Honey, I let it go the first time, but if you're going to keep repeating--it's not Snowe--she threw in the towel years ago. It's Collins. You got the state right, though.

Honey, I let it go the first time, but if you're going to keep repeating--it's not Snowe--she threw in the towel years ago. It's Collins. You got the state right, though.
Thanks.

A solid majority of Americans, don't want Trump's wall.
It's not just Democrats who don't support building Trump's wall, 66% of Independents are against building the wall.
So blaming Democrats, is just, is just plain bullshit.
The GOP got killed in the midterms, because of the Independent vote. The Independent voting block is larger than the GOP block as well as the Democratic voting block.
To demand or expect Congress do what Trump wants, is demanding minority rule. That's not how the United States works.
Most Americans don't support building the wall

Last edited:
I'm a little giddy (-: Trump's support is gonna be deeeeep-ressed when he told them he'd go to the mat for the wall, after Rush and Hanpatty and Colter forced him, and it becomes obvious he has no leverage to secure even 50 senate votes.

It’s Trump’s shutdown. He declared ownership of it at his disastrous meeting with Chuck and Nancy. You can pretend the Dems own it like you tried when Lyin’ Ted read Dr. Seuss like a toddler a couple years ago. It didn’t work then either.
The democrats are the ones crying about a shut down would be horrible. All they have to do is give Trump a measly 5 billion dollars. And their precious goverment will not close. So they own it. I hope the goverment closes for a while, show people we can still survive.
All Trump has to do is sign a piece of paper. But he won’t. The shutdown is his :itsok:

Trump said it loud and clear :
1. Mexico will pay for the wall.
2. He said he will own the shutdown.

So why his minions are spinning things around ?

they hate americans.

Forum List

Back