Trump thinks we should give "President for Life" a try. Like China or Russia or North Korea.

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017
Trump on China's Xi consolidating power: 'Maybe we'll give that a shot some day.'

In the closed-door remarks, a recording of which was obtained by CNN, Trump also praised China's President Xi Jinping for recently consolidating power and extending his potential tenure, musing he wouldn't mind making such a maneuver himself.

"He's now president for life. President for life. And he's great," Trump said. "And look, he was able to do that. I think it's great. Maybe we'll give that a shot some day."

The audience is laughing because they think he's joking.

It's been done before ...

FDR-998x562.jpg

I have to laugh when I see Deanturd use the word "think" in one of his asinine troll threads.

Trump on China's Xi consolidating power: 'Maybe we'll give that a shot some day.'

In the closed-door remarks, a recording of which was obtained by CNN, Trump also praised China's President Xi Jinping for recently consolidating power and extending his potential tenure, musing he wouldn't mind making such a maneuver himself.

"He's now president for life. President for life. And he's great," Trump said. "And look, he was able to do that. I think it's great. Maybe we'll give that a shot some day."

The audience is laughing because they think he's joking.

Dear deanrd
Trump doesn't have to be in office, he can still tweet and/or set up his own TV network
as he originally considered. And still do the same yelling and battling the liberal media he's doing now.

Obama is still pulling more weight and influence even outside office.
And Jimmy Carter has had more influence and impact worldwide
with Habitat for Humanity.

Oprah already has worldwide influence without even running for office.
Why not encourage ALL public leaders to do the same?
Don't even wait to get elected. Just start announcing plans, lobbying
for support and getting programs launched.

If everyone did that, we'll all exercise "equal executive power"
to carry out policies and agenda that we believe are best for
the nation and the world. And yes we can do this for life.

Forum List

Back