Trump suggests death penalty for drug dealers

Trump used Singapore’s “zero tolerance” drug policy as an example of how the U.S. should be.

President Donald Trump suggested drug dealers in the United States should face harsher punishments, such as the death penalty or life in prison, during a campaign rally for congressional candidate Rick Saccone in Pennsylvania on Saturday.

“I think it’s a discussion we have to start thinking about,” Trump said during the rally in Moon Township. “I don’t know if we’re ready. I don’t know if this country’s ready for it.”

Trump suggested the U.S. treat drug dealers in the same way Singapore does. Singapore, he said, has a “zero tolerance policy” when it comes to drugs.

“That means if we catch a drug dealer, death penalty,” Trump said of Singapore. “And they don’t have a problem.”

Trump’s remarks this weekend mirror a speech he made at the White House Opioids Summit last week, when he suggested again that drug dealers should have to face the death penalty.

More: President Donald Trump Suggests Death Penalty For Drug Dealers

Death penalty? Holy shit, is this what America is becoming under Trump?
Washington redskin,
Some people don’t deserve to live… Drug dealers are just that
Capitalism when it has no social support. Why does the right wing insist on the expense of our social war on drugs?

There is no drug war clause in our Constitution and Prohibition was Repealed as a Bad idea, last millennium.
The only good drug dealer is a dead one

Trump used Singapore’s “zero tolerance” drug policy as an example of how the U.S. should be.

President Donald Trump suggested drug dealers in the United States should face harsher punishments, such as the death penalty or life in prison, during a campaign rally for congressional candidate Rick Saccone in Pennsylvania on Saturday.

“I think it’s a discussion we have to start thinking about,” Trump said during the rally in Moon Township. “I don’t know if we’re ready. I don’t know if this country’s ready for it.”

Trump suggested the U.S. treat drug dealers in the same way Singapore does. Singapore, he said, has a “zero tolerance policy” when it comes to drugs.

“That means if we catch a drug dealer, death penalty,” Trump said of Singapore. “And they don’t have a problem.”

Trump’s remarks this weekend mirror a speech he made at the White House Opioids Summit last week, when he suggested again that drug dealers should have to face the death penalty.

Washington redskin,
Capitalism when it has no social support. Why does the right wing insist on the expense of our social war on drugs?

There is no drug war clause in our Constitution and Prohibition was Repealed as a Bad idea, last millennium.
So you want to kill the family of the Oxy manufacturer.

I see

Washington redskin,

I see
Lol
Nice deflection

...Unless you can prove they intentionally murdered someone, or intentionally sold poison disguised as product, I don't think Capital Punishment is appropriate.
That is, of course, your opinion.

Law generally reflects a broader sampling base of opinion.

If enough support materializes for capital punishment for such crimes, then that may, indeed, become an option in future.

These are vile, nasty bastards who cause the death of dozens or scores or hundreds within their communities.

A single death is not sufficient payment, but taking-away the life, and future, of an offender, is as close as we'll come.

If it was up to me, I'd say "Do it."

But it's not up to me.

It's up to us... the People... and I'm content to abide by the Law in this matter, present or future.

More Pompous Authoritarian Nanny Statism... Where the fuck did all you suckling, parasitic, spineless, submissives come from? This used to be the “land of the free, and home of the brave”, for a reason. Freedom takes courage. Half you fuckers can’t give it away fast enough... Fucking pathetic...

Washington redskin,

it takes morals to have moral forms of indignation;

otherwise, anyone can practice the abomination of hypocrisy.

Trump advocates throwing out due process for confiscating guns; Trumpettes are silent. Trump advocates throwing out due process for drug dealers, and even executing them for non-capital offenses; Trumpettes are silent.

This man is a danger to American values.
huh? what does any of this have to do with due process..you're changing the subject, how typical.....this is when they are convicted.......after due process is given.....it's penalty phase you tard.

PS it's hilarious when a left talks about due process, you guys don't even pretend to like due process...

...Unless you can prove they intentionally murdered someone, or intentionally sold poison disguised as product, I don't think Capital Punishment is appropriate.

If enough support materializes for capital punishment for such crimes, then that may, indeed, become an option in future.

These are vile, nasty bastards who cause the death of dozens or scores or hundreds within their communities.

A single death is not sufficient payment, but taking-away the life, and future, of an offender, is as close as we'll come.

But it's not up to me.

It's up to us... the People... and I'm content to abide by the Law in this matter, present or future.

That would be the tyranny of Democracy that the Founders were against. I believe the law must still be Constitutional regardless of it's popularity.

Yeah, letting them roam freely doesn't seem to be working out too well.
Drug dealers are not free range chickens. No one is advocating "letting them roam around freely".
So whats your plan....legalize..problem solved?
Capitalism; What is That, Sayeth the Right Wing.

Our welfare clause is General and we have a Commerce Clause;

only the right wing,

never gets it.
No, we don't get jibberish. Are you saying that we should legalize drugs because of capitalism? I mean why don't lefties just talk like normal people....make an argument....not some pseudo intellectual bullshit that makes you feel smart.

Washington redskin,

I see
Lol
Nice deflection
No deflection at all. Zero tolerance is zero tolerance

Washington redskin,

I see
Lol
Nice deflection
Well you make an incorrect argument.
One is illegal, the other is legal and is regulated by your favorite giant Bureaucracy.
If I have to tell you we are talking about illegal drugs, then you really need to learn up on the issue......I'm all for medicine, I'm not for drugs being used because you're too weak to cope with life.

Drug dealers are not free range chickens. No one is advocating "letting them roam around freely".

only the right wing,

never gets it.
No, we don't get jibberish. Are you saying that we should legalize drugs because of capitalism? I mean why don't lefties just talk like normal people....make an argument....not some pseudo intellectual bullshit that makes you feel smart.
i am trying to dumb it down enough for the right wing.

There is no express drug war clause in our Constitution.

only the right wing,

never gets it.

We're smarter than you guys on the constitution and life in general. You are correct, there is nothing about drugs in the constitution, which is why we can criminalize them....thank you for playing

But it's not up to me.

That would be the tyranny of Democracy that the Founders were against. I believe the law must still be Constitutional regardless of it's popularity.
Indeed.

The People ( Congress, the State legislatures, etc. ) have the power to define the crimes eligible for capital punishment.

This would merely be a matter of adding one crime to the existing list of crimes so eligible, through Constitutiional means.

only the right wing,

never gets it.

There is no express prohibition against child rape in the constitution. Time to teach those kiddos what sex is all about.

only the right wing,

never gets it.

There is no express prohibition against child rape in the constitution. Time to teach those kiddos what sex is all about.
Please don't give them ideas!!!!!!!!!!!

The left uses manipulative rationalization to excuse everything.

If big companies can sell Roundup weed killer that hurts people why can't someone use sarin gas?

I see
Lol
Nice deflection
Well you make an incorrect argument.
One is illegal, the other is legal and is regulated by your favorite giant Bureaucracy.
If I have to tell you we are talking about illegal drugs, then you really need to learn up on the issue......I'm all for medicine, I'm not for drugs being used because you're too weak to cope with life.
You DO realize that Perdue got the biggest fine in corporate history for starting the opioid epidemic...correct?

They are every bit as guilty of pushing drugs as El Chapo.

Forum List

Back