Trump suggests death penalty for drug dealers

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Trump used Singapore’s “zero tolerance” drug policy as an example of how the U.S. should be.

President Donald Trump suggested drug dealers in the United States should face harsher punishments, such as the death penalty or life in prison, during a campaign rally for congressional candidate Rick Saccone in Pennsylvania on Saturday.

“I think it’s a discussion we have to start thinking about,” Trump said during the rally in Moon Township. “I don’t know if we’re ready. I don’t know if this country’s ready for it.”

Trump suggested the U.S. treat drug dealers in the same way Singapore does. Singapore, he said, has a “zero tolerance policy” when it comes to drugs.

“That means if we catch a drug dealer, death penalty,” Trump said of Singapore. “And they don’t have a problem.”

Trump’s remarks this weekend mirror a speech he made at the White House Opioids Summit last week, when he suggested again that drug dealers should have to face the death penalty.

More: President Donald Trump Suggests Death Penalty For Drug Dealers

Death penalty? Holy shit, is this what America is becoming under Trump?

Bill Clinton supported the death penalty for drug dealers when he was governor of Arkansas.

it was interesting eh Lakhota . TRUMP used as example that in the USA a murderer that murders just one person may get the death penalty or life in prison . But a drug dealer that may cause many deaths only [usually] gets prison time . -------------- course my thinking [at this time] is that thats probably how it has to stay in the USA Lakhota .

Trump advocates throwing out due process for confiscating guns; Trumpettes are silent. Trump advocates throwing out due process for drug dealers, and even executing them for non-capital offenses; Trumpettes are silent.

This man is a danger to American values.

I can see maybe cutting off an arm or leg for each offense - but death seems too harsh. Are we not civilized?

Trump advocates throwing out due process for confiscating guns; Trumpettes are silent. Trump advocates throwing out due process for drug dealers, and even executing them for non-capital offenses; Trumpettes are silent.

This Trumpette ain't silent. I recommended last week that drug dealers should be executed. They sell death. My solution is to douse them with gasoline and light a match.

TRUMP wasn't advocating anything about execution . He just made an observation , imo . As far as Guns , i don't see him advocating any taking of Guns without Due Process Jed . -------------------- Though some states are getting pretty nasty concerning Gun RIGHTS Jed .

I think he needs to walk that back. Such charges are very grey in many cases, even judges and cops know this. He should say "look, I was just throwing it out there and expressing the rage of those whose family have been impacted by these drugs. Also, I'm referring to specific class of narcotics and those who sold and the addicted buyer died". He doesn't need to go out on a limb on this type of thing, it will reinforce the label some on the left try to apply to him.

He has libertarian support, going further right on this issue is a losing one. He'd have more support if he were talking about MS-13, illegal immigration, general Rule of Law, or even Capital Punishment for murder. This is a far reach, and Singapore isn't viewed with any level of respect for their strict policy.

People use the same argument about guns right? "It's not the gun, it's the shooter". It's sad to say, but it's the addict, just as it's the person addicted to nicotine or sugar.

That being said pushers are sob's and I won't shed a tear for those, especially when they prey on those they know are hurting themselves.

th

I'm perfectly fine giving them a nice vacation resort to retire too with no guards but they can never leave unless they want to be target practice for the US Navy... shall we say Bikini Island?

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

From the OP:

Trump’s remarks this weekend mirror a speech he made at the White House Opioids Summit last week, when he suggested again that drug dealers should have to face the death penalty.

“Some countries have a very, very tough penalty — the ultimate penalty,” Trump said during last week’s summit. “And, by the way, they have much less of a drug problem than we do.”

And some countries have much less of a gun problem than we do.

So what , what does the truth that many countries have LESS of a problem with guns have to do with anything Lakhota ??

You mean leftist American values!

What does Trump say about doctors and pharmaceutical companies?

I thought that was somewhat the theme he was talking about in relation
to the Opiod epidemic.

I'll tell ya what. If you want to curtail drug dealers, making it a capital crime
might do it.

Forum List

Back