Trump still thinks Central Park 5 are guilty

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are guilty
So guilty that New York paid them $40 million in damages

The Liberal government of New York agreed to pay that as a "settlement". No court ever found them liable at all.

They knew they did not have a case and acted irresponsibly. That is what they settled for. We do not know what a jury would have awarded
To jurys found them guilty of there peers

The jury was proven wrong
$40 million worth
So let's say these guys are all innocent. What then? Trump's opinion would be wrong, and so would mine. What then. What would be the significance of this be?

To Trump, they are black
As close to guilty as you can get

What is the significance of what Trump's opinion of their guilt or innocence? Are you attempting to connect Trump's opinion of their guilt to their races? If this is what you are attempting, you will need to be able to do more than identify their races and argue for their innocence. You will need to show something that proves Trump's opinion of their guilt is in fact because of their race. This is the part where lefties fail over and over, and it is what you will fight answering like a cat fights being shoved into a toilet.

All irrelevant, they are guilty, as documented by mountains of evidence.

Wrongwinger believes that being black means evidence does not matter. Just like these leftist regressives always do.
They were subsequently acquitted and awarded $40 million in damages

Sounds innocent to me

They confessed. Some of them told friends about their involvement in the crime BEFORE they were arrested.

YOu are insane. Trump is a sane man in a crazy world.

They were awake over 24 hours without access to parents or lawyers
There stories conflicted and they were fed evidence of the crime by police. They had no knowledge of where the crime occurred, what the victim looked like or what was done

There was no evidence of the victims blood on them and they left no DNA

Of the 37 youths brought in for questioning about the multiple violent attacks in the park that night, only 10 were charged with a crime and only five for the rape of the jogger: Antron McCray, Yusef Salaam, Raymond Santana, Kevin Richardson and Korey Wise. All five confessed -- four on videotape with adult relatives present and one with a parent present, but not on videotape.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

DNA evidence didn't convict them, so it couldn't "exonerate" them. This was a gang attack. It was always known that other rapists "got away," as the prosecutor told the jury, and that none of the defendants' DNA was found in the jogger's cervix or on her sock -- the only samples that were taken.

While it blows most people away to find out that none of the suspects' DNA was found on Meili, this is a sleight of hand. The trick is that we're looking at it through a modern lens. True, today, these kids' DNA would have been found all over the crime scene. But in 1989, DNA was a primitive science. Cops wouldn't have even bothered collecting samples for DNA tests back then.

The case was solved with other evidence -- and there was a lot of it.

On the drive to the precinct, Raymond Santana blurted out, "I had nothing to do with the rape. All I did was feel the woman's t*ts." The cops didn't even know about a rape yet.

Yusef Salaam announced to the detective interviewing him, "I was there, but I didn't rape her." Even if true, under the law, anyone who participated in the attack on Meili is guilty of her rape.

Two of Korey Wise's friends said that when they ran into him on the street the day after the attack, he told them the cops were after him. "You heard about that woman that was beat up and raped in the park last night? That was us!"

Taken to the scene of the crime by a detective and a prosecutor, he said, "Damn, damn, that's a lot of blood. ... I knew she was bleeding, but I didn't know how bad she was. It was dark. I couldn't see how much blood there was at night."

Wise also told a detective that someone he thought was named "Rudy" stole the jogger's Walkman and belt pouch. The jogger was still in a coma. The police did not know yet that a Walkman had been stolen from her.

Wise told a friend's sister, Melody Jackson, that he didn't rape the jogger; he "only held her legs down while Kevin (Richardson) f---ed her." Jackson volunteered this information to the police, thinking it would help Wise.

The night of the attack, Richardson told an acquaintance, "We just raped somebody." The crotch of his underwear was suspiciously stained with semen, grass stains, dirt and debris. Walking near the crime scene with a detective the next day, Richardson said, "This is where we got her ... where the raping occurred."

Santana and Richardson independently brought investigators to the precise location of the attack on the jogger.

Recall that, when all these statements were made, no one -- not the police, the witnesses, the suspects, or their friends and acquaintances -- knew whether Meili would emerge from her coma and be able to identify her attackers.

Sarah Burns, who co-wrote and co-directed the propaganda film "The Central Park Five" with her father (whose reputation she has now destroyed), waved away the defendants' confessions -- forget all the other evidence -- in a 2016 New York Times op-ed, explaining: "The power imbalance in an interrogation room is extreme, especially when the suspects are young teenagers, afraid of the police and unfamiliar with the justice system or their rights."

Far from trembling and afraid, as Burns imagines, the suspects were singing the rap song "Wild Thing" for hours in the precinct house, laughing and joking about raping the jogger. One of the attackers said, "It was fun."

When a cop told Santana that he should have been out with a girlfriend rather than mugging people in Central Park, Santana responded, "I already got mines," and laughed with another boy from the park.

One of the youths arrested that night stated on videotape that he heard Santana and another boy laughing about "how they 'made a woman bleed.'"

They sound absolutely terrified!

In Burns' defense, she knows so little about that case that she called the prosecutor by the wrong name in her op-ed.

The actual evidence doesn't matter. Again, the victim was a privileged white woman (BAD!) and the perpetrators were youths of color (GOOD!). So the media lied and claimed the DNA evidence "exonerated" them.

This allegation was based on Matias Reyes' confession to the attack -- and his claim that he acted alone. His DNA matched the unidentified DNA on the jogger -- proving nothing, other than that he was the one of the others who "got away." He is also the "Rudy" who stole her Walkman, as Wise said at the time. How did Wise know Reyes -- or "Rudy" -- had taken a Walkman?

A cellmate claims Reyes told him that he heard a woman screaming in the park that night and ran to join the fun.

The "exoneration" comes down to Reyes' unsubstantiated claim that he acted alone. Years of careful investigation, videotaped confessions, witness statements, assembling evidence, trial by jury and repeated appeals -- all that is nothing compared to the word of an upstanding citizen like Reyes, a violent psychopath who sexually assaulted his own mother and raped and murdered a pregnant woman while her children heard the attack through the bedroom door.

That's the sum total of the "exoneration": the word of a psycho.​

The Liberal government of New York agreed to pay that as a "settlement". No court ever found them liable at all.

They knew they did not have a case and acted irresponsibly. That is what they settled for. We do not know what a jury would have awarded

$40 million worth
So let's say these guys are all innocent. What then? Trump's opinion would be wrong, and so would mine. What then. What would be the significance of this be?

Believing that black people who committed crime committed crime is racist. It embellishes the racist and absolutely false stereotype that black people commit more crime.

$40 million worth

The significance is that Trump advocated the death penalty for 15 year old rapists

Shows what a moron he was and still is

They are guilty

$40 million worth
Wrong.

They confessed. Some of them told friends about their involvement in the crime BEFORE they were arrested.

There stories conflicted and they were fed evidence of the crime by police. They had no knowledge of where the crime occurred, what the victim looked like or what was done

Of the 37 youths brought in for questioning about the multiple violent attacks in the park that night, only 10 were charged with a crime and only five for the rape of the jogger: Antron McCray, Yusef Salaam, Raymond Santana, Kevin Richardson and Korey Wise. All five confessed -- four on videotape with adult relatives present and one with a parent present, but not on videotape.

DNA evidence didn't convict them, so it couldn't "exonerate" them. This was a gang attack. It was always known that other rapists "got away," as the prosecutor told the jury, and that none of the defendants' DNA was found in the jogger's cervix or on her sock -- the only samples that were taken.

While it blows most people away to find out that none of the suspects' DNA was found on Meili, this is a sleight of hand. The trick is that we're looking at it through a modern lens. True, today, these kids' DNA would have been found all over the crime scene. But in 1989, DNA was a primitive science. Cops wouldn't have even bothered collecting samples for DNA tests back then.

On the drive to the precinct, Raymond Santana blurted out, "I had nothing to do with the rape. All I did was feel the woman's t*ts." The cops didn't even know about a rape yet.

Yusef Salaam announced to the detective interviewing him, "I was there, but I didn't rape her." Even if true, under the law, anyone who participated in the attack on Meili is guilty of her rape.

Two of Korey Wise's friends said that when they ran into him on the street the day after the attack, he told them the cops were after him. "You heard about that woman that was beat up and raped in the park last night? That was us!"

Taken to the scene of the crime by a detective and a prosecutor, he said, "Damn, damn, that's a lot of blood. ... I knew she was bleeding, but I didn't know how bad she was. It was dark. I couldn't see how much blood there was at night."

Wise also told a detective that someone he thought was named "Rudy" stole the jogger's Walkman and belt pouch. The jogger was still in a coma. The police did not know yet that a Walkman had been stolen from her.

Wise told a friend's sister, Melody Jackson, that he didn't rape the jogger; he "only held her legs down while Kevin (Richardson) f---ed her." Jackson volunteered this information to the police, thinking it would help Wise.

The night of the attack, Richardson told an acquaintance, "We just raped somebody." The crotch of his underwear was suspiciously stained with semen, grass stains, dirt and debris. Walking near the crime scene with a detective the next day, Richardson said, "This is where we got her ... where the raping occurred."

Santana and Richardson independently brought investigators to the precise location of the attack on the jogger.

Recall that, when all these statements were made, no one -- not the police, the witnesses, the suspects, or their friends and acquaintances -- knew whether Meili would emerge from her coma and be able to identify her attackers.

Sarah Burns, who co-wrote and co-directed the propaganda film "The Central Park Five" with her father (whose reputation she has now destroyed), waved away the defendants' confessions -- forget all the other evidence -- in a 2016 New York Times op-ed, explaining: "The power imbalance in an interrogation room is extreme, especially when the suspects are young teenagers, afraid of the police and unfamiliar with the justice system or their rights."

Far from trembling and afraid, as Burns imagines, the suspects were singing the rap song "Wild Thing" for hours in the precinct house, laughing and joking about raping the jogger. One of the attackers said, "It was fun."

When a cop told Santana that he should have been out with a girlfriend rather than mugging people in Central Park, Santana responded, "I already got mines," and laughed with another boy from the park.

One of the youths arrested that night stated on videotape that he heard Santana and another boy laughing about "how they 'made a woman bleed.'"

In Burns' defense, she knows so little about that case that she called the prosecutor by the wrong name in her op-ed.

The actual evidence doesn't matter. Again, the victim was a privileged white woman (BAD!) and the perpetrators were youths of color (GOOD!). So the media lied and claimed the DNA evidence "exonerated" them.

This allegation was based on Matias Reyes' confession to the attack -- and his claim that he acted alone. His DNA matched the unidentified DNA on the jogger -- proving nothing, other than that he was the one of the others who "got away." He is also the "Rudy" who stole her Walkman, as Wise said at the time. How did Wise know Reyes -- or "Rudy" -- had taken a Walkman?

A cellmate claims Reyes told him that he heard a woman screaming in the park that night and ran to join the fun.

The "exoneration" comes down to Reyes' unsubstantiated claim that he acted alone. Years of careful investigation, videotaped confessions, witness statements, assembling evidence, trial by jury and repeated appeals -- all that is nothing compared to the word of an upstanding citizen like Reyes, a violent psychopath who sexually assaulted his own mother and raped and murdered a pregnant woman while her children heard the attack through the bedroom door.

Too many fabricated and factual errors in that screed to respond to

In other words, you can't argue with the facts.

One of the confession tapes.
'

Which part of "I RAPED HER" do you have trouble with?

... But hey it was only the first time so... not a real rape and murder?

To Trump, they are black
Two juries convicted them, moron, and they confessed in the presence of their parents.
Confessions obtained through suspicious police tactics.
Confessions proved to be false based on evidence collected at the scene and subsequent DNA tests

To Trump, they are black
Two juries convicted them, moron, and they confessed in the presence of their parents.
Confessions obtained through suspicious police tactics.
Confessions proved to be false based on evidence collected at the scene and subsequent DNA tests
What was "suspicious" about them?

DNA didn't disprove a thing.

'

The woman was savagely beaten to the point she almost bled to death.
Yet a mentally challenged teen was able to rape her without leaving any physical evidence and without getting a spot of blood on him

'

Yet a mentally challenged teen was able to rape her without leaving any physical evidence and without getting a spot of blood on him

That depends on at what point the bleeding started, doesn't it?

He confessed. End of story.

'

Challenged teen?

It was a gang rape you moron. The guy admits it freely discussing on the confession tape. No "tactics" to extract false testimony on site.

$40 million worth

Believing that black people who committed crime committed crime is racist. It embellishes the racist and absolutely false stereotype that black people commit more crime.
Indeed. It's pretty funny watching rightwinger evade this part of the discussion.

$40 million worth

The significance is that Trump advocated the death penalty for 15 year old rapists

Rapist? They brutally beat up two other people, They brutally raped her she lost 3/4 of her blood.. They left her for dead.. why do you want these people in the black community? Do they not deserve to live with out attacks?

$40 million worth

Are you really claiming that all the political fighting about the central park 5 is about Trump advocating for a death sentence? That it is not about painting trump as a racist? C'mon... nobody would ever believe this crock of shit. That was the lamest hail Mary I have ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back