Trump Signs Order Calling For Work Requirements In Welfare Programs

Plenty of graffiti to remove and trash in the streets to clean up.

Is that the kind of job you're hiring for? Are you a government contractor? Or do you think government should add more jobs to do this work? We'll need a tax increase to pay for it.

Is that the kind of job you're hiring for? Are you a government contractor? Or do you think government should add more jobs to do this work? We'll need a tax increase to pay for it.
I bet welfare recipients drop to half as soon as they are told they need to pick up a broom to earn it.

I bet welfare recipients drop to half as soon as they are told they need to pick up a broom to earn it.

You didn't answer me. Do you hire for the kinds of jobs you're suggesting need to be done? Who do you propose do those jobs? Who pays for it?

No you wont, they are already getting paid trillions of dollars to sit on their ass, now it is time to EARN that pay. Dumbasses like you might actually start getting off your liberal ass and find a real job..

1,width=300,height=300,appearanceId=196,version=1440417743.jpg

You didn't answer me. Do you hire for the kinds of jobs you're suggesting need to be done? Who do you propose do those jobs? Who pays for it?
They might consider jobs like that "community work" not sure if they pay for that?

the proposal was in his post. perhaps you should learn english.

Especially my ninety year old mother in law, about time she got off her lazy ass...

The majority of states already require work...but the states and feds now have to come up for the extra dough to train, educate and follow the welfare recipient..If I wanted to I'm so old they wouldn't require me to work...But I don't wanna get any I like highway robbery too much to stop now and go on welfare...

Especially my ninety year old mother in law, about time she got off her lazy ass...

Your ninety-year old mother is living on welfare? Sounds like your fault.

Your ninety-year old mother is living on welfare? Sounds like your fault.
My fault? I'm not married to her...

Yeah? And what will they do? Starve?

why don't you want people to work for the money they receive? I do.

I'm just confused by this idea that the OP is suggesting, which basically seems to be that welfare programs are not needed because there's already plenty of adequately paying work available because of all the graffiti and trash in public that needs to be removed. Is his priority to remove graffiti and trash from public areas? Does he want government to hire an army of groundskeepers who will keep all areas clean and free of such things? Does he want all the people currently on various forms of welfare to instead take government jobs doing this cleanup work? If that's what he wants then I respect his opinion. It's going to be more expensive than current welfare programs, though.

Also, what should be done about welfare recipients who can't work? For example, disabled people on medicaid, children who rely on food stamps and medicaid, etc?

why don't you want people to work for the money they receive? I do.

I'm just confused by this idea that the OP is suggesting, which basically seems to be that welfare programs are not needed because there's already plenty of adequately paying work available because of all the graffiti and trash in public that needs to be removed. Is his priority to remove graffiti and trash from public areas? Does he want government to hire an army of groundskeepers who will keep all areas clean and free of such things? Does he want all the people currently on various forms of welfare to instead take government jobs doing this cleanup work? If that's what he wants then I respect his opinion. It's going to be more expensive than current welfare programs, though.

Also, what should be done about welfare recipients who can't work? For example, disabled people on medicaid, children who rely on food stamps and medicaid, etc?
well you can't comprehend that's all. It's ok, it's a leftist thing.

Yeah? And what will they do? Starve?
That would take years.
fat-welfare-slob.jpg

she gets SS not welfare. different program. you should read up.

BTW, my mom was on the same SS program. heck my wife will be joining this year at age 70.

Forum List

Back