Discussion in 'History' started by deanrd, Jul 13, 2018.
Or she was cheating on Deanie boy with a Republican. ...
that could be....she may have been a real nice democrat girl but got so sick of dean always talking about the republicans, she dated one and that sent dean over the edge.....now look at the poor slob....lol....
Although Obama’s & EU’s sanctions may not have been as effective as hoped, maybe new ones will, if Trump plays along ..
(20 April 2018):
“When Russia then annexed Crimea, and intervened in eastern Ukraine, the West imposed its first sanctions on Russia. Their effects have been real but limited, and chronic rather than acute. Russia found ways to adapt – though Exxon Mobil’s withdrawal last month from joint projects with Rosneft, a sanctioned entity, is a setback.
But America’s latest financial sanctions, announced on 6 April, are a game-changer in four ways.
-First, they are extremely stringent, threatening anyone who 'knowingly facilitating significant transactions' with sanctioned individuals or entities. This deters not only counterparties from doing business, but agencies such as Clearstream and Euroclear from handling payments. The intent is to cut off sanctioned entities from any real involvement in the global economy.
-Second, the sanctions target publicly traded companies. Many oligarchs saw a listing in London, New York or Hong Kong as a way to protect corporate assets from Western sanctions as well as the Russian state. They are no longer safe.
-Third, the sanctions create wider uncertainty. No one knows who might be targeted next. Russia faces a new systemic risk: expectations about US sanctions are now as important as the oil price for assessing its prospects.
-Fourth, America is prepared to accept costs in order to inflict them. The new sanctions have already produced global fallout, including the disruption of aluminium markets. US institutions are obliged to divest themselves of holdings in sanctioned companies. A credible response to Russia’s 'malign activity around the globe' requires measures that make one’s own life more complicated.”
- Dr Nigel Gould-Davies
(Associate Fellow, Russia and Eurasia Programme)
Dr Nigel Gould-Davies
See post 4 nitwit.
Obama, the hapless president who LAUGHED when Romney told him Russia and Putin were our greatest concern and threat in the world!
Did Obama apologize for it? Maybe Barry Hussein's "intelligence" network was too busy chasing candidate Trump around to deal with Russia's incursion into Crimea.
This is politics and has nothing to do with reality.
Putin did NOT invade Crimea.
Timeline in short and free handed is a follows:
1. The EU and US had initialized and financed the overthrough of the ukrainian government. After the elected President Janukowitch seemed to side again with Russia when the Billion Euros bribe offers from Brussels were not sufficient.
2. The 95% something russian population of Crimea did not accept the new government in Kiev which was installed by he EU and US (a NewYork Goldman Sachs banker was given the ukrainian passport and installed as finance minister) , there were numerous atrocities of ukrainian nationalists on Crimeans.
3. The government in Kiev announced that the russian language would no longer be an official language in the Ukraina.
4. Russia deployed some of their troops which were already absolutely legal in Sewastopol (port of the russian black sea fleet) and other areas of the Crimea at vulnerable locations to prevent Ukraina from taking military actions and keep ukrainian nationalists away
There was no intervention from outside,
5. The public poll of the Crimean people about the separation from Ukraina took place. It was officially overviewed by OECD teams. It went 96% pro Russia with a participation of around 83%.
6. Crimea was included into the russian state.
This was no annexion. Read the definition.
And read this
A/RES/47/83. Universal realization of the right of peoples to self-determination
Trump Leaves Open Possibility of Recognizing Crimea's Annexation ...
Terms of Service Violation...
Jul 12, 2018 - U.S. President Donald Trump appeared to dangle a carrot in front of his Russian opposite on Thursday, saying that whether or not the U.S. ...
Putin didn’t invade....Obama did
The conversation is over.
Now return Alaska.
Separate names with a comma.