Trump releases 7 point healthcare plan

So then you would guess this will cost the government a lot. And the rich with better insurance will get bigger deductions.

The way it is is costing the middle class more than it is costing anyone else. We pay higher premiums, higher deductibles and are subsidizing the poor. Businesses, as I predicted have skirted around the insurance by raising the employee's share of the premium and raising the employee deductible. Businesses have also shorted worker hours to not provide the benefit to the PT employees, who then get government subsidized insurance policies that the middle class is now paying for.

Obamacare has worked well for the poor, the rich and businesses. The middle class has again had to foot the bill. Why do we continue to allow the middle class to foot the bill and then bitch about how the middle class is losing ground. Of course the middle class is going to lose ground, neither party cares about the middle class.

So this will be very costly? It will provide for the rich and the poor. Everyone with insurance premiums gets a deduction, the rich getting bigger ones.

What we have is costly to the middle class.

And this could be more costly. A premium deduction for everyone?

How about everyone pay for their own and quit relying on the middle class to support you.

I'm not against that, but not sure that is what we have here. The people with better insurance will get bigger deduction. And all these deductions combined will be big money.

The way it is is costing the middle class more than it is costing anyone else. We pay higher premiums, higher deductibles and are subsidizing the poor. Businesses, as I predicted have skirted around the insurance by raising the employee's share of the premium and raising the employee deductible. Businesses have also shorted worker hours to not provide the benefit to the PT employees, who then get government subsidized insurance policies that the middle class is now paying for.

Obamacare has worked well for the poor, the rich and businesses. The middle class has again had to foot the bill. Why do we continue to allow the middle class to foot the bill and then bitch about how the middle class is losing ground. Of course the middle class is going to lose ground, neither party cares about the middle class.

So this will be very costly? It will provide for the rich and the poor. Everyone with insurance premiums gets a deduction, the rich getting bigger ones.

How about everyone pay for their own and quit relying on the middle class to support you.

I'm not against that, but not sure that is what we have here. The people with better insurance will get bigger deduction. And all these deductions combined will be big money.

No they don't, my insurance is worse than ever, more money, higher deductibles. Hell, I'm about $10,000 a year before my policy kicks in, my wife is about the same. We are $20,000 in before we see and 80/20 benefit. Why does the middle class need to pay for everyone?

No they don't, my insurance is worse than ever, more money, higher deductibles. Hell, I'm about $10,000 a year before my policy kicks in, my wife is about the same. We are $20,000 in before we see and 80/20 benefit. Why does the middle class need to pay for everyone?

Everyone is paying more. The reason we have obama care is because costs went up so high. I just don't see this plan fixing that. Car insurance doesn't have borders and I wouldnt call it cheap.

Healthcare Reform
I wont post his comments and such. Just the plan
  1. Completely repeal Obamacare. Our elected representatives must eliminate the individual mandate. No person should be required to buy insurance unless he or she wants to.
  2. Modify existing law that inhibits the sale of health insurance across state lines. As long as the plan purchased complies with state requirements, any vendor ought to be able to offer insurance in any state. By allowing full competition in this market, insurance costs will go down and consumer satisfaction will go up.
  3. Allow individuals to fully deduct health insurance premium payments from their tax returns under the current tax system. Businesses are allowed to take these deductions so why wouldn’t Congress allow individuals the same exemptions? As we allow the free market to provide insurance coverage opportunities to companies and individuals, we must also make sure that no one slips through the cracks simply because they cannot afford insurance. We must review basic options for Medicaid and work with states to ensure that those who want healthcare coverage can have it.
  4. Allow individuals to use Health Savings Accounts (HSAs). Contributions into HSAs should be tax-free and should be allowed to accumulate. These accounts would become part of the estate of the individual and could be passed on to heirs without fear of any death penalty. These plans should be particularly attractive to young people who are healthy and can afford high-deductible insurance plans. These funds can be used by any member of a family without penalty. The flexibility and security provided by HSAs will be of great benefit to all who participate.
  5. Require price transparency from all healthcare providers, especially doctors and healthcare organizations like clinics and hospitals. Individuals should be able to shop to find the best prices for procedures, exams or any other medical-related procedure.
  6. Block-grant Medicaid to the states. Nearly every state already offers benefits beyond what is required in the current Medicaid structure. The state governments know their people best and can manage the administration of Medicaid far better without federal overhead. States will have the incentives to seek out and eliminate fraud, waste and abuse to preserve our precious resources.
  7. Remove barriers to entry into free markets for drug providers that offer safe, reliable and cheaper products. Congress will need the courage to step away from the special interests and do what is right for America. Though the pharmaceutical industry is in the private sector, drug companies provide a public service. Allowing consumers access to imported, safe and dependable drugs from overseas will bring more options to consumers.

------

Not too bad. Add competition and remove barriers. Therefore, lowering costs. Actually going after the ruckus that started all of this totalitarian healthcare crap.
Can you imagine living in California and trying to file a complaint in New York. We call that "fucked".

Not bad all things considered. Telling 20-30 million people that they will no longer have insurance is going to go over like a lead balloon politically. The HSAs are a joke.

But I like the idea of walking into Memorial Hospital and seeing a board like McDonalds has advertising the price of a quadruple by-pass at $4995.00 or if you have 3 arteries unblocked at the regular rate, they will do the 4th artery for free.

Seriously...As someone who works in the healthcare field the Jiffy Lube approach to medicine will be comical if nothing else.
"You told me it would be $1800 to have my tubes tied!!!! Why do I have a bill for $1855!!!!"
"Well yeah but you added on the 20 year warranty. If they come untied, we'll go back in and tie them free of charge. You also wanted the Gut stitches. That drove the costs upward."

Everyone is paying more. The reason we have obama care is because costs went up so high. I just don't see this plan fixing that. Car insurance doesn't have borders and I wouldnt call it cheap.

Car insurance does have borders, I had to change insurance companies when I moved to another state and I could not take it with me. The previous company did not have authority to cover us.

Obamacare has done nothing to help with the high cost of insurance. The policies I have now are worse than before Obamacare. Obamacare has forced the middle class to purchase high premium, high deductible insurance. We are paying for the poor and the part timers. How much more do we want to burden the middle class with? Obamacare is a disaster for me. I used to bargain with my doctors and we side stepped insurance and I paid lower cost. My Urologist would charge the insurance company $150 to see me, I paid $80, he would do x-rays for $50 instead of $125, I didn't need to be referred to see him.

Today, I go to my regular doctor, I pay full price, then he has to refer me to the Urologist, the Urologist can't discount because it has to run through the insurance and he charges full price on x-rays. Because I am below my deductible, I am now paying for two doctors and x-ray at full price. How the hell does this help anyone?

Healthcare Reform
I wont post his comments and such. Just the plan
  1. Completely repeal Obamacare. Our elected representatives must eliminate the individual mandate. No person should be required to buy insurance unless he or she wants to.
  2. Modify existing law that inhibits the sale of health insurance across state lines. As long as the plan purchased complies with state requirements, any vendor ought to be able to offer insurance in any state. By allowing full competition in this market, insurance costs will go down and consumer satisfaction will go up.
  3. Allow individuals to fully deduct health insurance premium payments from their tax returns under the current tax system. Businesses are allowed to take these deductions so why wouldn’t Congress allow individuals the same exemptions? As we allow the free market to provide insurance coverage opportunities to companies and individuals, we must also make sure that no one slips through the cracks simply because they cannot afford insurance. We must review basic options for Medicaid and work with states to ensure that those who want healthcare coverage can have it.
  4. Allow individuals to use Health Savings Accounts (HSAs). Contributions into HSAs should be tax-free and should be allowed to accumulate. These accounts would become part of the estate of the individual and could be passed on to heirs without fear of any death penalty. These plans should be particularly attractive to young people who are healthy and can afford high-deductible insurance plans. These funds can be used by any member of a family without penalty. The flexibility and security provided by HSAs will be of great benefit to all who participate.
  5. Require price transparency from all healthcare providers, especially doctors and healthcare organizations like clinics and hospitals. Individuals should be able to shop to find the best prices for procedures, exams or any other medical-related procedure.
  6. Block-grant Medicaid to the states. Nearly every state already offers benefits beyond what is required in the current Medicaid structure. The state governments know their people best and can manage the administration of Medicaid far better without federal overhead. States will have the incentives to seek out and eliminate fraud, waste and abuse to preserve our precious resources.
  7. Remove barriers to entry into free markets for drug providers that offer safe, reliable and cheaper products. Congress will need the courage to step away from the special interests and do what is right for America. Though the pharmaceutical industry is in the private sector, drug companies provide a public service. Allowing consumers access to imported, safe and dependable drugs from overseas will bring more options to consumers.

------

Not too bad. Add competition and remove barriers. Therefore, lowering costs. Actually going after the ruckus that started all of this totalitarian healthcare crap.

This is a great plan for all people without a pre-existing condition. Of course for those with pre-existing conditions, they will not be able to purchase this insurance. Great fucking plan. Now let's just say that they do allow those with pre-existing conditions to purchase insurance; will there be a waiting period after you apply or can you just wait until you are diagnosed with cancer and then sign up for insurance? I mean that would be a great deal for all those scumbags who choose to go without insurance and rely on the rest of us to pay their way, don't ya think?

Not bad all things considered. Telling 20-30 million people that they will no longer have insurance is going to go over like a lead balloon politically. The HSAs are a joke.

But I like the idea of walking into Memorial Hospital and seeing a board like McDonalds has advertising the price of a quadruple by-pass at $4995.00 or if you have 3 arteries unblocked at the regular rate, they will do the 4th artery for free.

Seriously...As someone who works in the healthcare field the Jiffy Lube approach to medicine will be comical if nothing else.
"You told me it would be $1800 to have my tubes tied!!!! Why do I have a bill for $1855!!!!"
"Well yeah but you added on the 20 year warranty. If they come untied, we'll go back in and tie them free of charge. You also wanted the Gut stitches. That drove the costs upward."

I know as long as you get your check, fuck everyone else.

What is wrong with telling people up front what they are going to pay for a colonoscopy? What is wrong telling a patient that an MRI is going to cost $1000 or whatever it is? What is wrong with a patient knowing what it is going to cost going in? Hell, how much is a freakin doctors visit? Who the hell knows? I mean we are going to pay $150 to wait in a waiting room for an hour, go into a patient room sit there for 15 minutes, the doctor walks in, sees you for 5 minutes. What is wrong with telling the patient up front what they are paying for and what they are getting? Hell, are we still not customers, patients, clients? Or in the medical world are we all just numbers?

Car insurance does have borders, I had to change insurance companies when I moved to another state and I could not take it with me. The previous company did not have authority to cover us.

Obamacare has done nothing to help with the high cost of insurance. The policies I have now are worse than before Obamacare. Obamacare has forced the middle class to purchase high premium, high deductible insurance. We are paying for the poor and the part timers. How much more do we want to burden the middle class with? Obamacare is a disaster for me. I used to bargain with my doctors and we side stepped insurance and I paid lower cost. My Urologist would charge the insurance company $150 to see me, I paid $80, he would do x-rays for $50 instead of $125, I didn't need to be referred to see him.

Today, I go to my regular doctor, I pay full price, then he has to refer me to the Urologist, the Urologist can't discount because it has to run through the insurance and he charges full price on x-rays. Because I am below my deductible, I am now paying for two doctors and x-ray at full price. How the hell does this help anyone?

Not saying obamacare is great, but don't this plan as being better. And may cost more.

Who was your car insurer?

What is wrong with telling people up front what they are going to pay for a colonoscopy? What is wrong telling a patient that an MRI is going to cost $1000 or whatever it is? What is wrong with a patient knowing what it is going to cost going in? Hell, how much is a freakin doctors visit? Who the hell knows? I mean we are going to pay $150 to wait in a waiting room for an hour, go into a patient room sit there for 15 minutes, the doctor walks in, sees you for 5 minutes. What is wrong with telling the patient up front what they are paying for and what they are getting? Hell, are we still not customers, patients, clients? Or in the medical world are we all just numbers?

I actually like the idea. But it's a falsity that you can roll up to a hospital and know how much an appendectomy will cost without MRIs, blood work, etc... Hell, many times, you have to control your blood pressure before you can be operated on and once that is settled, there may be other complications such as side effects to the meds that controlled the hypertension.

Just FWIW, when I had my colonoscopy last year, I was told well before the procedure how much it will cost. It was my baseline so I'm not sure if that is the case or not for other folks--that they can be told ahead of time.

But seriously I like the idea. Just don't expect a lot of precision when you get cut open. What is probably going to happen is that when they open you up to do A, they find you have A and B. You're under anesthesia so you can't authorize them to do B...so they just perform procedure A and when you come to, you're hit with "Well, Mr. Jones, you have cracks in 3 other vertebrae the X-rays didn't pick up. I could have done them while I had you under but it would have added $7,000 to the procedure. So now the price of having to go back in is $11,000."

Generally, you can find out how much something will cost. I price shop for my ultrasound every year. I also price shop for my upper GI's every couple of years. Last year I needed an MRI, and I price shopped. I have a $6000 deductible, so I price shop. The only time people do not have that option is if it is an emergency.

I really like the idea of tax breaks for insurance. That'll be great. Of course, he's already said that couples making less than 50K will pay nothing in income taxes so now not only will a lot of folks be paying $0.00, they will get a refund like they normally get and a hefty enhancement of about $3,300 which I think is what it costs per year if you want to ensure your husband or wife at our Health System.

Makes you wonder how he's going to pay for kicking ISIS ass, the infrastructure, the strengthening of the military and the hundreds of millions to kick every Hispanic out of the nation. And the wall.

I'm sensing he's pulling the wool over your eyes.

Not saying obamacare is great, but don't this plan as being better. And may cost more.

Can't see it being worse than Obama and all the rules.

The car insurer was licensed in Oregon and not Indiana, I don't remember the name of the company, that was a few years back.

I really like the idea of tax breaks for insurance. That'll be great. Of course, he's already said that couples making less than 50K will pay nothing in income taxes so now not only will a lot of folks be paying $0.00, they will get a refund like they normally get and a hefty enhancement of about $3,300 which I think is what it costs per year if you want to ensure your husband or wife at our Health System.

Makes you wonder how he's going to pay for kicking ISIS ass, the infrastructure, the strengthening of the military and the hundreds of millions to kick every Hispanic out of the nation. And the wall.

I'm sensing he's pulling the wool over your eyes.

If you take away all the bigotry and hatred that is Trump and just look at what he wants to do, you really should be able to understand that he is absolutely clueless. With everything he says he wants to do to make "American great again", the price tag would be pushing $1 trillion per year, on top of what we are already spending. Now if you think that sounds outrageous, top that off with his plan to cut taxes. SMH

The car insurer was licensed in Oregon and not Indiana, I don't remember the name of the company, that was a few years back.

What is the point if it is costly and not better?

Pretty sure you can buy Allstate or geico or progressive or many others in every state.

I actually like the idea. But it's a falsity that you can roll up to a hospital and know how much an appendectomy will cost without MRIs, blood work, etc... Hell, many times, you have to control your blood pressure before you can be operated on and once that is settled, there may be other complications such as side effects to the meds that controlled the hypertension.

Just FWIW, when I had my colonoscopy last year, I was told well before the procedure how much it will cost. It was my baseline so I'm not sure if that is the case or not for other folks--that they can be told ahead of time.

But seriously I like the idea. Just don't expect a lot of precision when you get cut open. What is probably going to happen is that when they open you up to do A, they find you have A and B. You're under anesthesia so you can't authorize them to do B...so they just perform procedure A and when you come to, you're hit with "Well, Mr. Jones, you have cracks in 3 other vertebrae the X-rays didn't pick up. I could have done them while I had you under but it would have added $7,000 to the procedure. So now the price of having to go back in is $11,000."

I understand emergencies and complications, just like someone fixing and automobile or constructing an add on to a building. Issues are going to come up, however it would be nice to at least know a baseline going in.

So, back to making lots of money for private companies and back to the old ways then?

Those private companies make more money under Obamacare than they did without it. That's what happens when the government forces people to buy their product.
What do you think about his plan?
Will it make us #1 in overall performance, and last in overall expenditure per capita in the World? That is the goal, and if the plan doesn't exceed in these two areas it is an American Capitalist failure.

So, back to making lots of money for private companies and back to the old ways then?

Those private companies make more money under Obamacare than they did without it. That's what happens when the government forces people to buy their product.
What do you think about his plan?
Will it make us #1 in overall performance, and last in overall expenditure per capita? That is the goal, and if the plan doesn't exceed in these two areas it is an American failure.
IDK I cant read the future

People, I am just TNHarley.
I cant read the future, nor know what Trump is thinking.

What is the point if it is costly and not better?

Pretty sure you can buy Allstate or geico or progressive or many others in every state.

Obamacare is worse than what we had before, that's the point. Going backwards would be going forwards, quit living off the middle class.

Forum List

Back