Trump-Regime´s attack on Syrian airbase was a failure

How can it check the altitude? Obviously, there is a radar (or name it whatever you want) which sends signals and receives ‘an answer’. In other words – the missile collects external data during the main part of its flying.
The external data I was referring to was something that could be jammed to affect the missile's performance, such as a satellite feed to guide it or the more common source of jamming an active radar for terminal guidance. A tomahawk in mid course has inertial guidance along with TERCOM, it cannot be jammed.

"Terrain Contour Matching, or TERCOM, is a navigation system used primarily by cruise missiles. It uses a pre-recorded contour map of the terrain that is compared to measurements made during flight by an on-board radar altimeter."
TERCOM - Wikipedia
Explain how the Syrians "shot down" these missiles by jamming an altimeter. Recall you are the one making the claim they shot down all these missile, how exactly did they jam an altimeter during mid course for so long that inertial didn't work either? I'd love to hear it.

I say it was a success militarily. They hit what they wanted to hit.

Wasn't much of a success diplomatically.

I highly doubt Assad used chemical weapons in the first place. I've seen that story from AP somewhere before..

How can it check the altitude? Obviously, there is a radar (or name it whatever you want) which sends signals and receives ‘an answer’. In other words – the missile collects external data during the main part of its flying.
The external data I was referring to was something that could be jammed to affect the missile's performance, such as a satellite feed to guide it or the more common source of jamming an active radar for terminal guidance. A tomahawk in mid course has inertial guidance along with TERCOM, it cannot be jammed.
If a regiment of Hammer's Slammers can't do it in a, practicable manner; it should simply not be done unless we are willing to implement, war time tax rates, to do it right, the first time.

"Terrain Contour Matching, or TERCOM, is a navigation system used primarily by cruise missiles. It uses a pre-recorded contour map of the terrain that is compared to measurements made during flight by an on-board radar altimeter."
TERCOM - Wikipedia
Explain how the Syrians "shot down" these missiles by jamming an altimeter. Recall you are the one making the claim they shot down all these missile, how exactly did they jam an altimeter during mid course for so long that inertial didn't work either? I'd love to hear it.
I believe the People have a right to know, what those missiles actually accomplished, with the People's, exorbitantly expensive superpower.

True Romans built and maintained, Coliseums, to divert public attention.

TERCOM - Wikipedia
You won´t give in. Please take your teeth out of my calf. Only 23 missiles reached their targets, the likely reasons were cited.

TERCOM - Wikipedia
I believe the People have a right to know, what those missiles actually accomplished, with the People's, exorbitantly expensive superpower.

The missiles were silver linings on the horizon for terrorists. That´s what the missiles accomplished.

TERCOM - Wikipedia

The missiles were silver linings on the horizon for terrorists. That´s what the missiles accomplished.
Why is that?

They should be "calling us" on our Commerce Clause. We have no, common offense clause nor any general warfare clause.

TERCOM - Wikipedia
You won´t give in. Please take your teeth out of my calf. Only 23 missiles reached their targets, the likely reasons were cited.

What proof do you have? Give us a link - if you can.

Nope, the propaganda you read says only 23 missiles reached their targets.

So you're attempting to construct these ridiculous scenarios of Syrians shooting down cruise missiles to support an incorrect conclusion.

Tell that to the pilots of these planes.

AP-syrian-air-base-strike-ps2-170407_4x3_992.jpg

1052399076.jpg

3F10CAC700000578-0-After_This_shows_the_destruction_as_the_five_aircraft_workshops_-a-52_1491646779160.jpg

TERCOM - Wikipedia

What proof do you have? Give us a link - if you can.
What proof do you have? Do you have evidence for that the government used chemical weapons? Do you have evidence for that all missiles hit their targets?

According to "The al-Qaeda Avionist" and Phrump´s regime, this is evidence for the chemical weapon attack:
Evidence-of-the-attack-from-Shayrat-Air-Base-706x332.png

Last edited:
What proof do you have? Do you have evidence for that the government used chemical weapons? Do you have evidence for that all missiles hit their targets?
Why would I be interested in proof that Syria used Chemical weapons when I've not expressed any opinion on that? You've got a funny habit of trying to redirect the thread when you're floundering, which is most of the time.

I'm just here calling bullshit on your ridiculous claim that Syria "shot down" a couple dozen cruise missiles. You've failed to defend your statement despite feeble attempts to recast it as Syria owning Russian ECM equipment that miraculously threw off dozens of cruise missiles that don't even rely on active radar homing,

You have failed.

At least four enemy, 6 MIG fighters, radar installations and the runway taken out without the loss of a single American and the left calls it a failure? It's estimated that Bill Clinton killed 5,000 civilians in a bombing campaign on a Yugo car factory when he was caught with his pants down and the left called it a success. Meanwhile the 9-11 terrorists who failed on their first attempt during the Clinton administration were going to flight school in Florida.

36 out of the 59 Tomahawks did not reach their targets but were intercepted by the Syrian military.
To believe this requires a special kind of naive.

The airbase is operational and in service.
Of course it is, the US just went after soft targets to send a message. Airplanes, fuel and radar facilities, etc. tomahawk missiles aren't capable of doing anything to a runway that couldn't be fixed in 24 hours with some dirt, metal plates, and top surfacing.
1. I do not believe in "invincible US military", missiles can be intercepted.
2. They planned to oust Assad. Only the joint Russian, Iranian, Hezbollah threat prevented more.
3. Trump reacted like someone who just could not wait to strike.
4. Who knows what happens, when al-Qaeda strikes again.

OK. Please explain how they were intercepted.

Only 23 out of 59 missiles hit the airbase and it remained operational. Two "fell" into villages. So, if you claim the missile were not intercepted, provide another explanation.
I see, so when you claimed these missiles were shot down by Syria you actually had no way of knowing this and can't provide any way it was possible aside from flailing stabs in the dark that you can't pursue because they don't make sense. So now you're trying to put the burden on me to prove the opposite.

The base remaining operational isn't relevant, even if every cruise missile struck the base they are not designed to damage a runway enough to make the base inoperable. They were only damaging soft targets. You have no idea how many cruise missiles hit the base, you're relying on your propaganda sources so and are unable to make the logical connection that maybe if you can't explain how Syrians intercepted them the reason is your info on how many hit is wrong.

Bottom line you've proven what I said... you are naive. Naive to think Syrians can shoot down low dozens of low flying cruise missiles, naive to think they can jam weapons that target using terrain contour and digital scene matching. Stop blathering about shit you are obviously clueless about, it makes you look foolish.
Trump is not better off with this strike being a symbolic aggression. His lighting reaction connects it to the alleged chemical weapon attack, anyway.

However, it is more likely that a Krasukha 4 electronic warfare system jammed the missiles.

Only 23 of 59 Tomahawks Launched At Syria’s Al-Shayrat Air Base Hit Targets – Rogue Money

Since they navigate without radar, how can they be "jammed"?

Oops!

Actually this is like trying to explain something to a five year old.

Bleiprister maybe you can get your head around this if you take a step back and answer these questions to yourself honestly:

1. Is the tomahawk missile capable of targeting using DSMAC?
2. Is DSMAC a camera and target database stored inside the missile?
3. Can an ECM jammer that disrupts RF signals affect a camera and internal database?

I'll give you a hint:
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. No

That combined with the redundant crusing guidance methods inertial,TERCOM, and GPS should answer your question as to whether the Syrians shot down a couple dozen cruise missiles. Oh wait, when called on taht you switched to Russians jamming them, you can't even keep your propaganda straight.
TERCOM - Wikipedia

Radar altimeters look straight down. To jam it, the missile would have to overfly the jammer.

TERCOM - Wikipedia

Who told you it was only 23?

If they are telling you this is true, they are lying.

Nope, the propaganda you read says only 23 missiles reached their targets.

So you're attempting to construct these ridiculous scenarios of Syrians shooting down cruise missiles to support an incorrect conclusion.

They would also have to know the missiles were coming, which they didn't!

If they did know, why didn't the Syrians move their aircraft away from that base?

Forum List

Back