Trump push on $2K checks flops as GOP-led Senate won't vote

Truth is Mitch, IT'S OUR MONEY!!!

Actually, it's your children's money, and the generations that follow them who will have to pay the interest on the debt we are currently running up. Today the interest rtes are very low, but they ain't going to stay that way.

How much is enough? Say we pass another relief check bill for $2000 per person that they are proposing. Do you think that's the end of it? Some people want that check EVERY MONTH until the pandemic is all over, are you good with that? Or do you think we can keep printing more money ad infinitum?

So, the people who have had businesses decimated, and can’t afford groceries should what? Be thankful? While far more goes out the door to nonsense?
I know I pay in about 15k every year, you may not.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell all but shut the door Wednesday on President Donald Trump’s push for $2,000 COVID-19 relief checks, declaring Congress has provided enough pandemic aid as he blocked another attempt by Democrats to force a vote.

The GOP leader made clear he is unwilling to budge, despite political pressure from Trump and even some fellow Republican senators demanding action. Trump wants the recent $600 in aid increased threefold. But McConnell dismissed the idea of bigger “survival checks” approved by the House, saying the money would go to plenty of American households that just don’t need it.

Meh, Leave it to Republican's to shoot themselves in the foot, and insult the American people to boot....

McConnell's argument reminds me of liberals that use the "what do you need that for" in the gun debates....

Truth is Mitch, IT'S OUR MONEY!!! The smugness of our supposed representitives trying to tell us that they know better what to do with out money when they pass bills loaded with waste like studies how alcoholic rats will react to stimuli, and billions to pure garbage, then tell people who need the money, that they can eat cake.

All on the eve of a crucial race runoff in GA as well...I don't get it...

Schumer made a comment that should they take the Senate, then this increase will be among the first things taken up by the new Senate, so Mitch gives up another chance to take away a positive thing for the Democrats, and lends credibility to what liberals say about Republican's voting against their own voters interests...

I never thought I'd be in agreement with Schumer on ANYTHING, but this is just stupidity...It's going to pass anyway, question is, will Republican's take the credit for passing it, or will they cede it do Democrats....
[/QUOTE]
I said from the first day that Moscow's bitch Mitch wouldn't let it happen.

I won’t be working at McDonalds anytime soon Mac, but we should all be disappointed at how these people play games instead of doing their jobs.
many people on your side will not have to take a job as long as the helicopter money lasts

but as long as democrats push the shutdowns I guess you will have an excuse

Perhaps mcconnell wants to see people struggle. What other reason is there to deny people in a time they desperately need it?

Well, maybe if the democrats were actually sincere and didn't want to give 10 times more to foreign nations and their own special interests than to Americans ???

Democrats covid relief program........

1 for America.....
2 for Ethiopia.....
1 for America......
3 for the Congo......
1 for America.......
5 for gender studies in Somolia....
Separate bills.

We've been over this many times.

I won’t be working at McDonalds anytime soon Mac, but we should all be disappointed at how these people play games instead of doing their jobs.
many people on your side will not have to take a job as long as the helicopter money lasts

but as long as democrats push the shutdowns I guess you will have an excuse

Come on Mac, Do you really think at this point it really makes a hill of beans?

It's good practice for American's what life will be like eventually under Marxist Dimms......you will get nothing and you will like it!!

Truth is Mitch, IT'S OUR MONEY!!!

Actually, it's your children's money, and the generations that follow them who will have to pay the interest on the debt we are currently running up. Today the interest rtes are very low, but they ain't going to stay that way.

How much is enough? Say we pass another relief check bill for $2000 per person that they are proposing. Do you think that's the end of it? Some people want that check EVERY MONTH until the pandemic is all over, are you good with that? Or do you think we can keep printing more money ad infinitum?
Raise taxes. Billionaires and megacorps need to pay their share.

Perhaps mcconnell wants to see people struggle. What other reason is there to deny people in a time they desperately need it?

Tell them to take it out of the 193 million dollars that went to overseas AIDS workers getting new cars.

What matters to libs is not having to work but getting paid anyway

I say end the shutdown and forget about free money from Uncle Santa Claus

I can see both sides really, but for me at least, I’d like to see some help going to those effected by this virus...

I can see both sides really, but for me at least, I’d like to see some help going to those effected by this virus...
That would not include government employees who have not lost a penny during the shutdown

ut they are making out like bandits

Well, maybe if the democrats were actually sincere and didn't want to give 10 times more to foreign nations and their own special interests than to Americans ???

Democrats covid relief program........

1 for America.....
2 for Ethiopia.....
1 for America......
3 for the Congo......
1 for America.......
5 for gender studies in Somolia....

The only problem with your example, is that all the foreign aid was from Trumps budget.

That would not include government employees who have not lost a penny during the shutdown

ut they are making out like bandits

Wow, so there’s waste in a government giveaway? Say it ain’t so....

Its a waste that is easily corrected

often we learn that government has lost a trillion or two and no government pinhead can tell us where it went

but in this case we know

its being wasted on the undeserving government employees themselves

Jeff Bezos’s personal wealth increased more every second of 2020 ($2,800) than Congress is considering giving Americans who are facing eviction, starvation, and bankruptcy ($2,000)

Its a waste that is easily corrected

often we learn that government has lost a trillion or two and no government pinhead can tell us where it went

but in this case we know

its being wasted on the undeserving government employees themselves

Look, Giving money to those who possibly don't deserve to get it, I understand, but you seem willing to shut out those who may severly need this money....

I understand I am a conservative, and this goes against what I argue for, but in this case I think we need to get this done...

While these checks will help people in the short term here is a radical idea how about ending these draconian lockdowns and let business open up and people go back to work. This can done in a responsible and safe manner and will help people far more than a one time check will.

Forum List

Back