Trump Orders Sweeping Crackdown on Homeless Camps in California

If your state got covered with snow every winter like many others, nobody would be visiting that state. You have the weather and some nice landscape. That's why people go there.

Compared to my state of Ohio? You have over three times our population, don't forget that.

You contribute more money not only because of your population, but your cost of living is skyrocketed like many blue states. A house you can buy here for 350K would cost somebody about 1.2 mil in your state. When people have to make a lot more money than other states to get by, of course they contribute more to the feds.

Thank you for agreeing with me.
Like I keep repeating......

Problems from other states like populations, high cost of living, high cost of properties, high cost of rentals and high cost of commodities..... Differ from states to states. Thus contributes to homelessness of Californians.

Visitors flocks to cities of Ca not only the scenic view National parks.
San F. 2018 26+ millions visitors..
Los Angeles 2018 50 millions visitors.

San Francisco Travel Reports Record Breaking Tourism Outcomes for 2017, Gives Projections for 2018

https://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-la-tourism-record-20190115-story.html?_amp=true

Then don't you think that a help might be for these people (and everybody in that state) is to find ways to stop inflation? Passing high minimum wage laws and increasing the cost of energy is no help. Because people have to make more money to afford those costs.

As a landlord I can tell you that I've never seen the rental market this hot in my life. But where you live, the primary reason for renters is they can't afford those union made homes. Supply and demand kicks in and the cost of an apartment is two to three weeks pay.

I might agree on some of your points but MW is totally different subject here.

As far as I know like city of LA are doing their best to house these people. Like I already said 50,000 homeless people was housed last year. And still the number of homeless people increased this year.

Lots of these apartment owners, rental houses, rental rooms and rental garage are VERY greedy taking advantage of opportunities. One of my employee live in Montebello, ( Los Angeles area) detach garage, converted to studio style with his 8 yo son. Rent $1,400/month.

Wow, you want to blame the “greedy” property owners. As an example, for the Montebello area, if a house costs $625,000, after a 20% down payment of $125,000, the house payment is a mere $2356/month, property tax is $651/month, insurance is $156/month…which adds up to a mere $3163/month….not including any utilities. And of course the greedy home owner is the problem.

Democrats believe if you have something of value, you have too much. It all looks good on the outside, but on the inside is another story.

Most landlords cannot support themselves on rental property alone. The ones that do are either big corporations or people that have acquired dozens of properties and still spend 12 hours a day taking care of them.

So most real estate investment is very long term. I have plans on retiring at 62 in 3 years, and it's because of all the hard work I put into this place that may give me that opportunity.

But it came at a price. I haven't been on a vacation outside of my home in 30 years. With my vacation time from work, I spend it here catching up on things I couldn't get to before. After work today, I ate dinner, laid down for about an hour, and back to work on the apartments. Today it was killing a bees nest inside the walls of the apartments. Tomorrow (depending on what time I get home) it's an electrical problem in one of my garages.

I don't mind it and have no complaints until somebody tells me I'm greedy or I make too much from my investment.

Totally disagree. Like your homeless opinion. You make an assumptions that all states have the same problems in handling homelessness.
You make an assumptions that all property owners are the same.
That is false.
I’m not an expert of property management but I know lots of property owners.
Greedy? Yes. Some of these owners inherited from their parents a looooong time ago and 100% paid off. Five to 10 units are more than enough to cover all the expenses that you are talking about. The rest are just pure profit. They raised rent because they can. It’s not because they need the money.

Number one causes of homelessness are unaffordable housing and rents.

Problems from other states like populations, high cost of living, high cost of properties, high cost of rentals and high cost of commodities..... Differ from states to states. Thus contributes to homelessness of Californians.

San Francisco Travel Reports Record Breaking Tourism Outcomes for 2017, Gives Projections for 2018

https://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-la-tourism-record-20190115-story.html?_amp=true

Then don't you think that a help might be for these people (and everybody in that state) is to find ways to stop inflation? Passing high minimum wage laws and increasing the cost of energy is no help. Because people have to make more money to afford those costs.

As a landlord I can tell you that I've never seen the rental market this hot in my life. But where you live, the primary reason for renters is they can't afford those union made homes. Supply and demand kicks in and the cost of an apartment is two to three weeks pay.

As far as I know like city of LA are doing their best to house these people. Like I already said 50,000 homeless people was housed last year. And still the number of homeless people increased this year.

Lots of these apartment owners, rental houses, rental rooms and rental garage are VERY greedy taking advantage of opportunities. One of my employee live in Montebello, ( Los Angeles area) detach garage, converted to studio style with his 8 yo son. Rent $1,400/month.

Wow, you want to blame the “greedy” property owners. As an example, for the Montebello area, if a house costs $625,000, after a 20% down payment of $125,000, the house payment is a mere $2356/month, property tax is $651/month, insurance is $156/month…which adds up to a mere $3163/month….not including any utilities. And of course the greedy home owner is the problem.

Democrats believe if you have something of value, you have too much. It all looks good on the outside, but on the inside is another story.

Most landlords cannot support themselves on rental property alone. The ones that do are either big corporations or people that have acquired dozens of properties and still spend 12 hours a day taking care of them.

So most real estate investment is very long term. I have plans on retiring at 62 in 3 years, and it's because of all the hard work I put into this place that may give me that opportunity.

But it came at a price. I haven't been on a vacation outside of my home in 30 years. With my vacation time from work, I spend it here catching up on things I couldn't get to before. After work today, I ate dinner, laid down for about an hour, and back to work on the apartments. Today it was killing a bees nest inside the walls of the apartments. Tomorrow (depending on what time I get home) it's an electrical problem in one of my garages.

I don't mind it and have no complaints until somebody tells me I'm greedy or I make too much from my investment.

Totally disagree. Like your homeless opinion. You make an assumptions that all states have the same problems in handling homelessness.
That is false.
Greedy? Yes. Some of these owners inherited from their parents a looooong time ago and 100% paid off. Five to 10 units are more than enough to cover all the expenses that you are talking about. The rest are just pure profit. They raised rent because they can. It’s not because they need the money.

Yep, California sure doesn't have a problem handling homelessness, they say a few words and hope it goes away.

Dude. So you just bought a house. And you are renting it?

Tell me where in post that fits your rebuttal?

The house detached garage that is being rented is already paid off. His friend just clean it up for him. He could have given to him for free but his wife wants $1,400. No ac or heater.

Cmon champ, let's get to the real issue, you're just not paying your employee(s) a living wage, step up cheap-ass.

How do you even know that? Well this particular employee has a lot of personal problems. He just got kicked out from his original home because of illegitimate son. the 8 yo he is leaving with. His gf left him with the kid when he can no longer afford to support her.

I take good care of my employees. They are my best assets.

The house detached garage that is being rented is already paid off. His friend just clean it up for him. He could have given to him for free but his wife wants $1,400. No ac or heater.

Cmon champ, let's get to the real issue, you're just not paying your employee(s) a living wage, step up cheap-ass.

How do you even know that? Well this particular employee has a lot of personal problems. He just got kicked out from his original home because of illegitimate son. the 8 yo he is leaving with. His gf left him with the kid when he can no longer afford to support her.

Sure, he got kicked out because of an illegitimate son, got any more excuses?

I do NOT BULLSHIT.

Right and monkeys fly out of your ass daily...

This is all the best you got? Like your other buddies? Typical Trump supporters. LMAO.

Instead of keep blabbering non sense.
Why don’t you prove to me where I BULLSHIT?

It’s impossible to convince a bullshitter he’s bullshitting, it falls under the oxymoron definition. Also, if you’re as serious and accurate as you claim, what are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be solving the worlds problems?

I’ll have a dialogue with anyone, especially people I tend to totally disagree with, but you’re not really looking for dialogue. I find some of the most interesting people that I have few parallels with, it’s a different perspective, you might want to try it...

What am I doing here?

1. Is there a rule in USMB that I should not be here?

2. Should you be thankful that Im sharing my experience and my life here? Instead of your peasants boring life garbage lifestyle.

3. Like I said i like to talk and socialize. Why is that a problem? Like when I’m
flying. By the time the plane landed I met most of the people in the business or first class section. Did you ever heard of down to earth person?
So when I’m bored and nothing left to do. Then I come here to this site kicking your ass.

4. I have tons and tons of interest and experience but none of you can eeeeven comes close.

What I’m doing here? That’s probably one of the most very ignorant question I ever read here.

That’s not an excuse. Wife found out of his gf and his son.....

That’s not an excuse. Wife found out of his gf and his son.....

Seems to me that would come under cheating on his wife, not because of a child.

That is false.

So why are the homes so unaffordable? Could it be from greedy union workers and politicians?

If you have a somewhat rare coin that's worth about a thousand bucks, would you be greedy asking for fair market value for your coin even though you paid ten bucks for it 50 years ago? Maybe those Archie and Jughead comic books you bought as a kid for 25 cents, now worth over $200.00 a copy. Would you sell your investment for less?

There is nothing greedy about getting fair market value for something you own. Everybody does the same thing, and there is no reason landlords should be exempt or have special limits other people don't have with their investments.

I didn't invest in rental property as a social obligation. I invested in it for profit one day. Just like people don't open up companies for the sole reason of providing good paying jobs and benefits. They opened up the company to provide goods or services for a profit.

Of course Republicans crack down on the homeless. It’s not enough that they have nothing. Republicans want to punish them and really make them suffer.
If you’re suffering, then Republicans feel they’re helping you.

So do tell, how do Republicans want to do that?
By cracking down of course. Isn’t that the gist of this entire thread?

Well yes, cracking down on them having tent cities on sidewalks. They can relocate to a wooded area away from the people if they want to live that way. But the better way is to have these people institutionalized or housed somewhere off the streets. A place with running water and sewers.

Yes they moved wooded area away from the city.
Your solutions is to tell them to go away or jail..... Don’t you think they could have done that a long time ago to solve this crisis?

Some places do that. Look at how Rudy cleaned up New York with that very same method. Get off the streets or into jail. They'll find somewhere else to go, but in the meantime, leave everybody else alone.

Of course Republicans crack down on the homeless. It’s not enough that they have nothing. Republicans want to punish them and really make them suffer.
If you’re suffering, then Republicans feel they’re helping you.

Well yes, cracking down on them having tent cities on sidewalks. They can relocate to a wooded area away from the people if they want to live that way. But the better way is to have these people institutionalized or housed somewhere off the streets. A place with running water and sewers.

Your solutions is to tell them to go away or jail..... Don’t you think they could have done that a long time ago to solve this crisis?

Some places do that. Look at how Rudy cleaned up New York with that very same method. Get off the streets or into jail. They'll find somewhere else to go, but in the meantime, leave everybody else alone.

Let me repeat it again and again. Los Angeles was able to housed homeless 50,000 people last year.

Let me repeat it again. Los Angeles was able to house 50,000 people last year.

Yet numbers grew 60,000 this year 2019.

Telling them to go away or jail ....... If that works. Don’t you think we could have solve the problems long time ago?

Using Giuliani as your model from 20+ years ago is not the same as apple to apple. Problems then socially, financially and economically are different from today’s problems.

That is false.

So why are the homes so unaffordable? Could it be from greedy union workers and politicians?

If you have a somewhat rare coin that's worth about a thousand bucks, would you be greedy asking for fair market value for your coin even though you paid ten bucks for it 50 years ago? Maybe those Archie and Jughead comic books you bought as a kid for 25 cents, now worth over $200.00 a copy. Would you sell your investment for less?

There is nothing greedy about getting fair market value for something you own. Everybody does the same thing, and there is no reason landlords should be exempt or have special limits other people don't have with their investments.

I didn't invest in rental property as a social obligation. I invested in it for profit one day. Just like people don't open up companies for the sole reason of providing good paying jobs and benefits. They opened up the company to provide goods or services for a profit.

Read my post #341 again. Don’t stare at it.

I do NOT BULLSHIT.

Right and monkeys fly out of your ass daily...

This is all the best you got? Like your other buddies? Typical Trump supporters. LMAO.

Instead of keep blabbering non sense.
Why don’t you prove to me where I BULLSHIT?

It’s impossible to convince a bullshitter he’s bullshitting, it falls under the oxymoron definition. Also, if you’re as serious and accurate as you claim, what are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be solving the worlds problems?

I’ll have a dialogue with anyone, especially people I tend to totally disagree with, but you’re not really looking for dialogue. I find some of the most interesting people that I have few parallels with, it’s a different perspective, you might want to try it...

What am I doing here?

1. Is there a rule in USMB that I should not be here?

2. Should you be thankful that Im sharing my experience and my life here? Instead of your peasants boring life garbage lifestyle.

3. Like I said i like to talk and socialize. Why is that a problem? Like when I’m
flying. By the time the plane landed I met most of the people in the business or first class section. Did you ever heard of down to earth person?
So when I’m bored and nothing left to do. Then I come here to this site kicking your ass.

4. I have tons and tons of interest and experience but none of you can eeeeven comes close.

What I’m doing here? That’s probably one of the most very ignorant question I ever read here.

I also love to sing and play guitar. I sang with my karaoke system every day & every chance I get. Took voice class when I was young and sharpen my vocal chords ( screaming) every chance I get in the morning by the beach that way I don’t freak out anyone.

Singing makes me relax and mostly to gain more friends like women.

I’m done in this thread Ray.

Apologize for calling you mother fucker in a separate thread. Blamed it on screaming eagle red wine. Im trying not to post and drink at the same time.

Obrigado por me fazer companhia.

I’m still waiting for Make America Great Again to start.
It's in progress. As soon as Trump deports everyone in the detention centers at the border, we can round up the homeless and send them to those facilities.

Well, Trump promised before he was elected that he would round up and deport 12 million illegals within 2 years, so he is running a little behind schedule.

Let me repeat it again and again. Los Angeles was able to housed homeless 50,000 people last year.

Let me repeat it again. Los Angeles was able to house 50,000 people last year.

Yet numbers grew 60,000 this year 2019.

Telling them to go away or jail ....... If that works. Don’t you think we could have solve the problems long time ago?

Using Giuliani as your model from 20+ years ago is not the same as apple to apple. Problems then socially, financially and economically are different from today’s problems.

Bottom line is when you make it inviting for X people to come, they're going to come. If you give resistance towards them coming, then you will have less of X people coming there.

I’m done in this thread Ray.

Apologize for calling you mother fucker in a separate thread. Blamed it on screaming eagle red wine. Im trying not to post and drink at the same time.

Obrigado por me fazer companhia.

I didn't even read it. I've been very preoccupied in the Trump/ Biden threads.

Forum List

Back