Trump on Housing Crisis: "I Sort of Hope it Happens..."

Why would anyone pretend to be surprised when the most corrupt POUTUS in US history anticipated "earning" massive profits from an economic crash that cost 8 million Americans their homes?

https://www.amazon.com/Homewreckers...953&creativeASIN=0062869531&tag=ff0d01-20

"Two years before the housing market collapsed in 2008, Donald Trump looked forward to a crash: 'I sort of hope that happens because then people like me would go in and buy,' he said."
510NyO%2BcqTL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

"KIRKUS REVIEW

"A tale of greed and corruption involving 'corporate landlords' who 'drove a generational transfer of wealth from hundreds of thousands of individual homeowners to a handful of well-heeled bankers and titans of private equity...'"

"The author spotlights a variety of contemporary robber barons, including Donald Trump before he was president; Trump’s father, Fred; Wilbur L. Ross Jr. before he was the Secretary of Commerce; and Steven T. Mnuchin before he became Secretary of the Treasury.

"Glantz’s impressive research leads him to portray each of the tycoons as morally bankrupt and utterly without compassion for homeowners who lost their property."

It's bad enough that vulture capitalists like Trump, Barrack, Schwarzman, Ross, and Mnuchin found ways to profit from the fraud the created the Great Recession; what's even worse is that they are now is positions to create new financial products that could make the wealth transfers of the biggest economic downturn since the Great Depression permanent.

Too Much Winning or Drain the Swamp?

So now you're whining about what Trump said in 2005 or 6? You really are desperate, aren't you? Do you even remember what you said in 2005, dumbass?
Pseudocons used to take glee in posting things Clinton and Obama said in the 90s.

Karma's a BITCH!

Why would anyone pretend to be surprised when the most corrupt POUTUS in US history anticipated "earning" massive profits from an economic crash that cost 8 million Americans their homes?

"Two years before the housing market collapsed in 2008, Donald Trump looked forward to a crash: 'I sort of hope that happens because then people like me would go in and buy,' he said."

"KIRKUS REVIEW

"A tale of greed and corruption involving 'corporate landlords' who 'drove a generational transfer of wealth from hundreds of thousands of individual homeowners to a handful of well-heeled bankers and titans of private equity...'"

"The author spotlights a variety of contemporary robber barons, including Donald Trump before he was president; Trump’s father, Fred; Wilbur L. Ross Jr. before he was the Secretary of Commerce; and Steven T. Mnuchin before he became Secretary of the Treasury.

"Glantz’s impressive research leads him to portray each of the tycoons as morally bankrupt and utterly without compassion for homeowners who lost their property."

It's bad enough that vulture capitalists like Trump, Barrack, Schwarzman, Ross, and Mnuchin found ways to profit from the fraud the created the Great Recession; what's even worse is that they are now is positions to create new financial products that could make the wealth transfers of the biggest economic downturn since the Great Depression permanent.

Mr. Trump was prepared to act on bad news, that's what people do. Someone had to buy the foreclosed properties, who do you think should have.

Trump wasn't part of the government then, just a private citizen, he was in no position to orchestrate the financial panic that benefited the Democrat Party.
So it's okay for someone to hope for a recession now.

I seeeee...

Oh the horror. Eleven years ago Trump was one of about a billion real estate businessmen who saw the housing collapse as an opportunity to buy low and sell high. Hold the fucking presses. He would have been one hell of a sucky businessman and CEO if he had passed up that opportunity.

I mean, it's not like Trump is the one that put these people in homes they couldn't afford, foreclosed on them or kicked them in the streets! The democrats did.

You know George, I hear that in the 9th grade, Trump also used to dip girl's pigtails into inkwells! :eek:
h the horror. Eleven years ago Trump was one of about a billion real estate businessmen who saw the housing collapse as an opportunity to buy low and sell high. Hold the fucking presses. He would have been one hell of a sucky businessman and CEO if he had passed up that opportunity.
Spoken like an abject capitalist; let no economic crisis prevent you from maximizing private gain at public expense. How did Trump's and his fellow speculators' political bribes contribute to the loosening of regulations and laws that made it good business to lend money to those who wouldn't be able to repay? Steven Mnuchin and Wilbur Ross, both members of Trump's Cabinet, made out like bandits from an epidemic of mortgage fraud the FBI began warning about in 2004, drain the swamp?

Oh the horror. Eleven years ago Trump was one of about a billion real estate businessmen who saw the housing collapse as an opportunity to buy low and sell high. Hold the fucking presses. He would have been one hell of a sucky businessman and CEO if he had passed up that opportunity.

I mean, it's not like Trump is the one that put these people in homes they couldn't afford, foreclosed on them or kicked them in the streets! The democrats did.

You know George, I hear that in the 9th grade, Trump also used to dip girl's pigtails into inkwells! :eek:
h the horror. Eleven years ago Trump was one of about a billion real estate businessmen who saw the housing collapse as an opportunity to buy low and sell high. Hold the fucking presses. He would have been one hell of a sucky businessman and CEO if he had passed up that opportunity.
Spoken like an abject capitalist; let no economic crisis prevent you from maximizing private gain at public expense. How did Trump's and his fellow speculators' political bribes contribute to the loosening of regulations and laws that made it good business to lend money to those who wouldn't be able to repay? Steven Mnuchin and Wilbur Ross, both members of Trump's Cabinet, made out like bandits from an epidemic of mortgage fraud the FBI began warning about in 2004, drain the swamp?
How did Trump's and his fellow speculators' political bribes contribute to the loosening of regulations and laws that made it good business to lend money to those who wouldn't be able to repay?

I agree, investigate every donor to Bill Clinton, before and after he pushed Fannie and Freddie to make half their mortgages purchases subprime mortgages.

Republicans AND Democrats took bribes from parasites like Trump and Barrack to provide loans to Americans they knew were virtually impossible to repay
21admin.600.jpg

Bush’s Philosophy Stoked the Mortgage Bonfire

"KIRKUS REVIEW

Mr. Trump was prepared to act on bad news, that's what people do. Someone had to buy the foreclosed properties, who do you think should have.

Trump wasn't part of the government then, just a private citizen, he was in no position to orchestrate the financial panic that benefited the Democrat Party.
rump wasn't part of the government then, just a private citizen, he was in no position to orchestrate the financial panic that benefited the Democrat Party
Unless you have seen Trump's financial documents from that period in time, you would have no way of knowing whether he was in a position to orchestrate the Great Recession (which happened on a Republican's watch).

Most beneficiaries of the foreclosure crisis were NOT first-time home buyers who secured a 30 year fixed mortgage. They were corporate landlords who bought up entire neighborhoods and held the homes in shell companies, with the owners' true identities unknown to most new tenants. IOW, exactly the same type of corruption the Trump family has been involved in for at least three generations.

"KIRKUS REVIEW

rump wasn't part of the government then, just a private citizen, he was in no position to orchestrate the financial panic that benefited the Democrat Party
Unless you have seen Trump's financial documents from that period in time, you would have no way of knowing whether he was in a position to orchestrate the Great Recession (which happened on a Republican's watch).

Most beneficiaries of the foreclosure crisis were NOT first-time home buyers who secured a 30 year fixed mortgage. They were corporate landlords who bought up entire neighborhoods and held the homes in shell companies, with the owners' true identities unknown to most new tenants. IOW, exactly the same type of corruption the Trump family has been involved in for at least three generations.

Donald J. Trump was a Democrat in 2007 and 2008,George.

Didn't switch to the GOP until 2011.

Republicans AND Democrats took bribes from parasites like Trump and Barrack to provide loans to Americans they knew were virtually impossible to repay
21admin.600.jpg

"KIRKUS REVIEW

Trump had nothing to do with the collapse of the housing bubble in 2007

That was caused by do-gooder liberals who insisted that banks loan money to poor people who cpuld not make their house payments

That was caused by do-gooder liberals who insisted that banks loan money to poor people who cpuld not make their house payments
You believe real estate speculators played no role in creating the Great Recession?
maxresdefault.jpg

You believe real estate speculators played no role in creating the Great Recession?

Very little if any

The crisis was caused by lending to unqualified borrowers in low income or marginal neighborhoods that was mandated by the clinton administration

Trump was not involved in that

Very little if any

The crisis was caused by lending to unqualified borrowers in low income or marginal neighborhoods that was mandated by the clinton administration

Trump was not involved in that
Real estate speculators like Trump drove the "speculative fever" that induced politicians in both parties to loosen regulations in order to profitably extend mortgages to unqualified buyers.

Causes of the United States housing bubble - Wikipedia

"As median home prices began to rise dramatically in 2000–2001 following the fall in interest rates, speculative purchases of homes also increased.[116]

"Fortune magazine's article on housing speculation in 2005 said, 'America was awash in a stark, raving frenzy that looked every bit as crazy as dot-com stocks.'[117]

"In a 2006 interview in BusinessWeek magazine, Yale economist Robert Shiller said of the impact of speculators on long term valuations, 'I worry about a big fall because prices today are being supported by a speculative fever',[118] and former NAR chief economist David Lereah said in 2005 that '[t]here's a speculative element in home buying now.'"

"KIRKUS REVIEW

Gee, sounds like Bill Maher and other Democrats hoping for a recession-and they don't even benefit-they just create misery for the people they claim they are "saving".
Gee, sounds like Bill Maher and other Democrats hoping for a recession-and they don't even benefit-they just create misery for the people they claim they are "saving".
What+is+the+Great+Recession.jpg

The Great Recession Causes & Prospects - ppt video online download

"KIRKUS REVIEW

And there was nothing corrupt about a smart operator like Trump taking advantage of the situation. A situation he had no hand in creating.

Umm duh, grifters like Trump would crash economy ten times over if it means they can pocket some profit.

Among all the shit Trump sais and does this is pretty much a boring banality.
By the time of the housing crisis, Trump was more of a brander than a builder; however, there was one significant exception:

Donald Trump Says He ‘Called’ the ’08 Crash. Here’s What Really Happened

"Trump Tower Chicago.

"It is the project that could have hurt him during the recession more than any other. It was his most ambitious endeavor at the time, and the most leveraged—made possible principally by a $640 million construction loan from Deutsche Bank.

"It was squarely up to Trump to make the sleek skyscraper succeed, and it was one of his most demanding and complicated efforts since the original Trump Tower on Fifth Avenue in
Manhattan.

"The 92-story river-front Windy City luxury high-rise opened in early 2009, perhaps the most challenging moment in modern real estate history, when millions of people—homeowners, real estate speculators and developers alike—suddenly found themselves drowning in debt.

"'He was on the hook,' said Cyndy Salgado, a vice president of development for the firm that handled the first push of sales and marketing for the building’s nearly 500 residences.

"'This wasn’t a licensing deal,' said Gail Lissner, a vice president at the city’s Appraisal Research Counselors, who is familiar with the details of the project. 'There was a lot more at risk here.'

"So Trump fought.

"In spite of his stated assurances that he was cash-flush—'I was in a very strong financial position,' he told POLITICO this week, declining to elaborate—he sued Deutsche Bank to try to get out of a $40-million portion of the construction loan that he had personally guaranteed, invoking a force majeure clause in the contract.

"It’s a phrase that literally means a 'superior force' and refers to a natural disaster or an occurrence so extraordinary and unpreventable that it can absolve parties of liabilities. One of the attorneys for Deutsche Bank, Steven Molo of New York, marveled at Trump’s audacity."

"KIRKUS REVIEW

lol whaaat? Trump runs a little mom and pop shop compared to big real estate players. His volume is a drop in a river.

Get a grip, George. Trump had nothing to do with the housing collapse, it was mostly the democrats of the late 2000s let by Barney Frank. And take your capitalist crap and shove it. When the housing fell through the floor, it was any good businessman's responsibility to his shareholders to buy up cheap property. That is how they make money, somebody had to do it, if not one person then another, and doing so still had no role in these people losing their homes in the first place. And while I'm on the subject, the democrats have been doing similar things all their lives. So don't make Trump out here like he did something alone or unusual. I know you are bitter that after losing your home to poor planning that someone actually made money off it, but that is life. Maybe had you not spent your early years smoking crack, you might have too.

When weak-minded individuals like the OP have nothing better to go on, they dig up useless and slanted history to try and justify their ignorant hatred.

It's actually quite humorous as to the lengths they will go. And how easily they out themselves as butthurt children.
BN-QW339_TRUMPU_GR_20161118120620.jpg

"'In a 2006 audiobook to promote thousand-dollar packages for Trump University tutorials, he granted the possibility of a real estate downturn. 'If there is a bubble burst, as they call it, you know you can make a lot of money,' he said, attempting to shift the focus of the Trump University endeavor from teaching customers how to take advantage of an up market to how to take advantage of a down market (or at least pay Trump to try to learn). 'I sort of hope that happens,' Trump added, speaking about a potential market crash, 'because then people like me would go in and buy.'
trump-drain-the-swamp.jpg

"In a 2007 article in the Globe and Mail of Toronto, he said something similar: 'People have been talking about the end of the cycle for 12 years, and I’m excited if it is. I’ve always made more money in bad markets than in good markets.'"

Donald Trump Says He ‘Called’ the ’08 Crash. Here’s What Really Happened

"KIRKUS REVIEW

Yeah, lenders LOVE it when people default on their loans. DURR
Banks lost trillions.
Moron.

It worked out awesome for me. I got 18 acres and a home that two twerps from Houston defaulted on. So I hope we have another one so I can get another cheap house.

Plenty of value investors felt the same way, that the bull market in housing was way overdone and blown out of proportion by government "pushing." Never before government got that far involved, guaranteeing mortgages to buyers who clearly could not pay.....
The market was also distorted by an epidemic of mortgage fraud the government (FBI) warned about as early as 2004, and elected government was bribed by private real estate interests to loosen lending standards in order to "push" loans onto people who would not be able to repay them. Capitalism is more to blame for the Great Recession than government.

"KIRKUS REVIEW

why wouldn't he have? he's a businessman. are you okay?
why wouldn't he have? he's a businessman. are you okay?
He's a vulture capitalist who bribed Republicans AND Democrats to lower the lending standards in order to ensure mortgages would be extended to people incapable of repaying those loans.

He then positioned himself to profit from foreclosures he knew would be forthcoming.

Is that capitalism or corruption?

Forum List

Back