Trump moves to abolish the federal reserve and institute Gold Standard

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
Trump Moves To ABOLISH The Federal Reserve And Institute Gold Standard – InvestmentWatch

Donald Trump won the election in a landslide because of bold ideas. His ideas would erase and remove decades of failed policies and corrupt agendas that have plagued this country for too long. As Trump’s transition team continues to fill his cabinet, more and more attention continues to surround the possible selections for a variety of high-ranking positions and meetings that might help decide these appointments. On Monday, Trump held a meeting with John Allison, the former CEO of the bank BB&T and of the libertarian think tank the Cato Institute. We have seen several reports indicating that Trump is considering Allison for Treasury secretary. On the campaign trail, Trump often questioned the future of the Federal Reserve’s political independence. In line with these comments, Allison wants to abolish Federal Reserve all together and go back to the gold standard. In fact, Allison takes that rhetoric one step further.
------------------------------------------------------

Well wouldn't this be interesting, oh those who are scared will lose it and freak out because we have all become so indoctrinated into think this country would tank if we lets say didn't have to pay taxes, but maybe a flat tax. It's not that scary..................

I would like to thank soon to be former Senate minority leader Harry Reid for using the nuclear option in picking Obama's cabinet. You didn't need GOFP votes. Now President Trump can use th nuclear option to chose his cabinet and 99 federal justices.

Thank you! !

• Banned
I would like to thank soon to be former Senate minority leader Harry Reid for using the nuclear option in picking Obama's cabinet. You didn't need GOFP votes. Now President Trump can use th nuclear option to chose his cabinet and 99 federal justices.

Thank you! !

Did you see the bottom of this article where it mentions JFK?

I'm rather curious to see how this would play out. Having to back our currency with gold is going to force us to stay within budget, which is good. Its an iron clad defense against the global dollar as well, since /everyone/ will know America's currency is a safe bet. However, I am concerned on how this will effect our current $20T debt. I guess we hope that Trump can deliver the shit out of paying it back... (er off?)

I'm rather curious to see how this would play out. Having to back our currency with gold is going to force us to stay within budget, which is good. Its an iron clad defense against the global dollar as well, since /everyone/ will know America's currency is a safe bet. However, I am concerned on how this will effect our current $20T debt. I guess we hope that Trump can deliver the shit out of paying it back... (er off?)
No ONE president is going to pay off the national debt. It will take decades and multiple dedicated presidents to do it.

That's my thought, it's an incredible amount of money - and I don't know how anyone can just shrug and ignore it frankly.

Thing is, what happens when that pile of owed imaginary money has to be backed by gold? Right now we have the luxury of kind of bluffing it away, gold standard means we won't anymore.

I say get rid of the Federal Reserve and replace it with a more modern and better system. I understand the Federal Reserve is pushing for a much faster ACH system but it is still behind the rest of the world in many ways.

I do think the Federal Reserve is good to ensure some compliance between banks, so the government shouldn't get ahead of themselves by quickly abolishing this system in favor of "doing it quickly but not with quality." For example check clearing measures, ACH transfers, federal interest borrowing rates, auditing, consumer credit protections, and paying treasury checks.

The banking system really needs to be built from the ground up. Wire transfers should be free like in other countries... Actually the standard transfer in a REAL first world banking system is the equivalent of an instant wire transfer no matter if it's to yourself or to a friend. What happens when we can pay someone in real time? We can get rid of checks like most other countries have done. The government should build an infrastructure that is outfit with 21st century technology. Just like Chip & PIN cards should be the standard here. A faster, more secure banking system is cheaper to take care of and more secure over the long run.

I don't really care for going back to the "gold standard," I just want a more modern banking system in America.

Trump Moves To ABOLISH The Federal Reserve And Institute Gold Standard – InvestmentWatch

Donald Trump won the election in a landslide because of bold ideas. His ideas would erase and remove decades of failed policies and corrupt agendas that have plagued this country for too long. As Trump’s transition team continues to fill his cabinet, more and more attention continues to surround the possible selections for a variety of high-ranking positions and meetings that might help decide these appointments. On Monday, Trump held a meeting with John Allison, the former CEO of the bank BB&T and of the libertarian think tank the Cato Institute. We have seen several reports indicating that Trump is considering Allison for Treasury secretary. On the campaign trail, Trump often questioned the future of the Federal Reserve’s political independence. In line with these comments, Allison wants to abolish Federal Reserve all together and go back to the gold standard. In fact, Allison takes that rhetoric one step further.

Well wouldn't this be interesting, oh those who are scared will lose it and freak out because we have all become so indoctrinated into think this country would tank if we lets say didn't have to pay taxes, but maybe a flat tax. It's not that scary..................

If Trump abolishes Fed he sentences to starvation all parasites who are feeding by it.

[/QUOTE]
No ONE president is going to pay off the national debt. It will take decades and multiple dedicated presidents to do it.[/QUOTE]
...which was the plan and the manner in which those who instituted such massive overspending 'bought' the future. They took choice away from succeeding generations in order to maintain a status quo entirely favorable to them.

Try 1929.

Thank you! !

Did you see the bottom of this article where it mentions JFK?

Unlike LBJ, Pence will not be part of a Trump assasination

No ONE president is going to pay off the national debt. It will take decades and multiple dedicated presidents to do it.

For once I agree with you, even if Trump can work business well it is going to take a long time and hell of a lot of work to keep this Nation from sinking and that is hard to do when there is already a Global collapse going on as we speak.

I can't see us getting out of it no matter what is done, not with a quickness, but in time maybe we're talking what about decades of debt already. Hell they say babies born today already have like what fifty grand in debt already for every person born some shit like that.

If he took our country back from the bankers that'd be great but not a chance.

You'll figure out he's all talk just like every other president.

I only wish people could understand how we are corporately owned at the moment of birth.
We are seen as owned stock. This is why we have numbers etc on our birth certificate. it's a little more complexed that than. But that is where the term " Strawman " is often heard.

He was shy of his opponent by nearly 3 million votes and he won in a landslide. WTF? His promise to make this country whiter was a bold idea but nothing new. It was right out of the Hitler playbook.

It likely would lead to deflation where prices and wages go down, but debts remain the same, putting those with mortgages and other debts in a terrible bind. As for paying off the national debt, if Trump's past is prologue, we're heading for bankruptcy court.

Last edited:
To expand on the OP real quick before I have to run again:

The idea of a new system other than Federal Reserve kind of makes me cringe a little, I wasn't alive back in '29, /this/ is the system I know... I think I might almost be a conservative on this :p

That said, I mean we have to do something, this rediculious ability of our presidents to wipe the debt onto the next president is going to continue indefinitely if we don't. I don't think there's an easy way to do it, so idk maybe Trumps 'rip the band aid off quick' isn't a bad plan. My gut says it's risky as fuck, but then again that's kind of Trumps specialty, he's always been unorthodox and it almost always works out well for him. I don't doubt if he does it, he has a plan behind it so I guess I'm willing to take the plunge ~shrug~

No ONE president is going to pay off the national debt. It will take decades and multiple dedicated presidents to do it.[/QUOTE]
...which was the plan and the manner in which those who instituted such massive overspending 'bought' the future. They took choice away from succeeding generations in order to maintain a status quo entirely favorable to them.[/QUOTE]
This from the great Murray Rothbard summarizes it very well.

15896077_10154480143263935_2327327700597423520_o.jpg

Forum List

Back